The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Realmlist. WTF?
Yes, that's a play on the file. I go for cheap jokes some times.

Hi everyone. I'm a friend of Jeff and Chris(Amerason, I think?) They've been trying to convince me to come here, but I've been lazy and apathetic. I wrote a profile a long time ago, but real life interfered, and I never checked back. Now, however, I'm considering coming to join the War that's forming up. So!

They're trying to tell me how to connect to the CoTH Server. I change my realmlist, yes? Well, I've done this several times to no avail.

The steps I know:
In enUS, copy realmlist.wtf and open up the original, adding in the CoTH information

Move the copy of the original WoW info to a seperate folder.

Delete the contents of the Cache folder, as it'll be re-updated once I play the game.

turn on WoW and use my forum information to log in.

However, every time I turn on WoW, I'm given all my original WoW realms to join on. No CoTH realms to be seen. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step? Does anyone know what I should do? Thank you.
We recently switched emulators, resulting in a wipe of our original player database. Have you created a new server account?
Still, Piroska, it should say that his account does not exist.

Are you opening the game from Launcher.exe or Wow.exe? Check your realmlist again and open the game with Wow.exe.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
I've yet to set up an official account. I never checked if my character was approved. But before I bother to do that, I want to make sure I can play. And, Skaar, I've tried both. Using the launcher as well as opening WoW directly from the folder, and skipping the launcher. Both lead to me being able to log into Moon Guard, not the CoTH servers. Could someone link the official set of steps I need to try? Or possibly point out something else I could do?
Here you go.
If you open with launcher, it automatically reset's your realmslist.wtf Use the wow.exe
Miah Wrote:If you open with launcher, it automatically reset's your realmslist.wtf Use the wow.exe

Only if you download a patch.
Set your realmlist and make it read only, that way it won't get rewritten by WoW. <3
All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.
Something doesn't quite fit here. We cannot help if you haven't even created an account yet. If you're inputting your retail account info, you'll connect to retail regardless of what's in your realmlist.
Ah! Alright. I didn't know that's how it worked. I thought that with the new realmlist, I would instead no be able to log on with my retail info, as it wasn't the retail realmlist anymore. Furthermore, "Moon Guard" still appeared in the corner as the last place I logged on, but I thought it shouldn't have been in the listing at all. Thank you! I'll type up a profile, then, I suppose.
Ah, note you don't need an accepted profile to play the character, you just need it to get him/her leveled to 80 when you're a grunt.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I am redeemed!

That said, the only thing you need in order to be allowed to play on Conquest of the Horde is an approved introduction. If your introduction is visible to the world and (hopefully!) has a staff reply, it means that you were approved; you should have also received a message at the email address of the one used to create your account of the forums if you were approved (or if, sadly, you were declined).

As Aphetoros has correctly stated, the approved character profiles are only required if you wish to become a Grunt and level a specific character past 50!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  so realmlist please Agaric 1 656 01-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  REALMLIST Yularen 0 552 11-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Yularen
  Whats the server realmlist? emochild105 1 698 01-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Kaelvan
  A Realmlist Tip Bolshe 2 869 08-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Bolshe