The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Draenen Or [WIP]
The Draenen Or

The Monastic Order of Refuge in Exile

OOC Disclaimer: We are good guys. Not just good guys, but REALLY good guys. Guys (or girls for that matter) so good and sweet you are likely to get diabetes by mere proximity. In all seriousness, though, the Draenen Or are Light-centric, healing-centric, and good-centric. If that ain't your cup o' tea, look no further. We are not Lawful Dumb. We are just nice people.

Catalyst
"There is so very much pain these days. Suffering. By the Light, when the Exodar first crashed here I could not concieve of the place I would find. I have long since renounced my violence- repudiated all in me that yearns to dispatch to those who spread pain, pain. But that is a folly, and the Light has shown me that. Pain and suffering begets only itself. To lash out at the object of fear - of pain - is to multiply it.

Rather, let me, O Blessed Light, meet pain with easement. Let me ease suffering where I meet it- and not, as it is, turn that suffering to more. This is the truth of the Light, I think. For me, at least. And it shall be for those who follow my way. First; do no harm."

- From the Journals of Daas, Mendicant of the Monastic Order of Refuge in Exile

Mission
The Refuge in Exile - Draenen Or in its original Draenic tongue - is an organization of healers and teachers. It seeks only two things. The first is to spread the Light whereever it can. The second is to provide ease and healing for those who need it. To those wretched souls in the abominable state of undeath it offers the Gentle Repose- a final death to release into the afterlife. It does -not- seek to hunt down the undead, despite its teachings abhorring those creatures.

The Draenen Or is vehemently pacifist. Its members do not - and will not - engage in violence, excepting instances of self-defense. The loss of any life - any, including those being given the Gentle Repose - is cause for mourning.

OOC Rules
These should go without saying. Be respecful, be polite, and if you do anything that violates basic principles of decency and courtesy, expect to be kicked out. That simple.

Tenants of the Draenen Or
"First; do no harm. Wheresoever you find pain, return only easement. Let not your thoughts turn to violence or harm."

"Honor the Light and teach its tenants wheresoever you go. The Light offers healing and protection to those who merely ask."

"Offer the Gentle Repose. The abomination of un-life is something to be pitied, not hated. Offer unto those wretches the decency of the Gentle Repose- return them to the Light with neither pain nor discomfort. Repudiate, thereby, all unnatural forms of life."

"Offer refuge, healing, and resuscitation without condition. There are no constraints and no limits to the altruism the Draenen Or offers. Life is a gift that should be freely given."
OOC Note: No constraints. Yes, that includes overtly evil- the Draenen Or protects all life.

"Teach what you can. Knowledge is a power all its own- understanding, too. Spread them. Where understanding increases, the violence misunderstanding begets shall diminish."

Ranks
Incardinate - The Incardinate has only just begun their journey on the path of the Draenen Or.

Brother/Sister - The staple rank of the Draenen Or. Note that there is very little hierarch. Brothers and Sister of the Draenen Or may defer to seniority or wisdom, but are considered equals.

Mendicant - Technically still a Brother/Sister, a Mendicant is merely a senior member of the Draenen Or who has taken special vows or obligations. They are not conbsidered anymore 'superior' to a Brother or Sister than would be a peer. Note, however, that the dedication and seniority implicit with being a Mendicant usually reserves for them a certain modicum of deference. Respect is paramount in the Draenen Or.

High Mendicant - No different from a Mendicant. Elected by a Conclave of Mendicants to serve as a titular head of the Draenen Or. There is no set schedule for electing or re-electing Mendicants. If a current High Mendicant is believed to be inadequate to handling the organization, a Conclave is called.

Vows the Mendicant
When eligible to take the Vows - a matter that is decided by consent of at least two other Mendicants - a Brother or Sister may choose which vows they will take. Below are some example- but it is not unheard of for a particular adherent to come up with their own.
Vow of Poverty - The Mendicant swears off the accumulation of wealth. What they need is provided by the Draenen Or, or other benefactors. This Vow, in theory, frees the Mendicant up in order that they may focus on service to the Draenen Or.
Vow of Celibacy - The Mendicant swears off all romantic inclinations whatsoever.
Vow of Simplicity - The Mendicant swears off rich foods, alcohol, and excess. Much like those who take the Vow of Poverty, the Mendicant is likely to dress simply.
It is not unheard of for a Mendicant to take more than one Vow. Breaking a Vow is considered a sign of extreme spiritual upset, and is generally immediately addressed.