The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Anti-Punt Gnome League
((This post and guild is a WIP thing, so in time I hope to have this post prettied up. Until then, I want to write down the important aspects of the guild, so people joining in know what to expect.))

The Anti-Punt Gnome League

Contents
  • Purpose
  • Ranks
  • IC Notes
  • OOC Notes

Purpose

Despite having our mighty warriors, our brilliant mages, our talented tinkerers and so on, we gnomes are often punted or made a mockery of for our small bodies. Well, I say no more! No more punting! No more being dangled about! No more being smashed and squished just because we're short! We have the skills, we have the technology, we could find an end to the abuse of the vertically challenged once and for all!

The Anti-Punt Gnome League is dedicated to finding a way to better the treatment of gnome-kind all across Azeroth. By pioneering anti-punt technology and activism, we can revolutionize the way gnomes are treated, creating a brighter future for all.

Ranks
  • Leader - this is basically the guild master. The character name is Blythe, so PM me on her if you'd like to join.
  • Assistant - the assistants helps run the guild alongside the leader. Few people will be given this position.
  • Activist - the activists are supporters of the guild. They are often the ones going out in public, raising awareness, and helping recruit others towards the cause. Some may run tournaments to show how talented gnomes are in the field of combat, others may host events to get the word out. Creativity is welcome along with any new ideas to help further the cause.
  • Engineer - the engineers are the tinkerers and builders always looking to create new inventions to help benefit both gnomes and the Alliance in Azeroth. Engineers are encouraged to share their ideas with others, and work together on group projects.
  • Field Tester - the field tester is someone who assists engineers in testing their inventions, often offering feedback to improve. Note that field testers and engineers do not need to be exclusive; one could be both.
  • Recruit - this is the rank for new members of the guild. Assistants and the leader should be able to sort you to the appropriate rank.

IC Notes
  • While this guild may sound like it's gnomes only we are open to any other races willing to help out. However, if you are part of the Horde you'll need to explain why you have sympathy for the gnomes and why you want to help out. Also Night Elves, given their dislike to engineering in general, will have to explain.
  • Each member will be given a walky-talky/radio to communicate with other guild members. The range should be restricted to one to two zones. To use radio chat type in /o for officer chat. Also if you are addressing a member specifically try to include their name to let us know who you are talking to.

OOC Notes
  • All ranks are allowed to withdraw one item and one gold from the guild bank per day. I will routinely try to replenish the gold supply and the supply of tabards. As the guild vault has more gold placed into it I may up the limit to 5-10 gold per day for members to withdraw.
  • If someone asks you to stop spamming/flooding guild chat please do so. Remember, type in /barrens to get to the barrens chat where you can have your crazy, off-the-wall conversations!
  • Please respect one another. This is a very important server rule.

Also as a final note I will try to get to brainstorming some events and stuff in the future. Anyone can make suggestions on what we should do, and where we should base ourselves. Thanks for reading!
You have Haim..
I can't wait build a robot that can run on cow's milk.
It shall stand at seventeen feet tall, forged from Saronite.

Sure it might make Haim more insane, but running around Stormwind in a Seventeen foot tall Saronite built robot will anger the public because they won't be able to punt him.
Thisisnotmysignature
Haim Wrote:You have Haim..
I can't wait build a robot that can run on cow's milk.
It shall stand at seventeen feet tall, forged from Saronite.

Sure it might make Haim more insane, but running around Stormwind in a Seventeen foot tall Saronite built robot will anger the public because they won't be able to punt him.
And the fact that it is made of Saronite.
But, I might make a gnome for this... just to be a tester.
And he shall be called Beeper (I jest, no banhammers please!)
Isn't Beeper a muppet or something? :D

I'll try and be on now and then so I can send invites to you whenever you guys want.
I didn't know Gnome's were punted IC... Ah well, this guild makes me want to punt you even more, the tag sets it off for me. I normally don't think about it. :P
Oh I guess I should just go ahead and comment on this guild post since I've joined it. When there is an event please put it here so I know when to get on or to tell you, "Oh, I have no life, I go to school."
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Does this guild still live? If it does, I might make a character for it.
It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, but that not every one is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so if every planet in the Universe has a population of zero then the entire population of the Universe must also be zero, and any people you may actually meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination. ~Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Script

I think we all know what to do with this...

[Image: nqgU.gif]
The guild itself was so inactive. I didn't want to tie up characters with it when I had no ideas of what to do. I disbanded the guild name.

However we still exist ICly with Blythe being the leader. OOCly we would communicate by chat channel. If you want to join into the chat channel, you can /join APGL. However, I don't think many of us will be on.

To be honest I had a lot of fun rping even when we weren't pursuing the anti-punt agenda. It seems if you throw a number of gnomes together in any one place things get pretty zany and fun, like when we all tried Haim's potions in Stormwind. c:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The High Roller's League FatalJudgement 4 898 12-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Last Post: FatalJudgement
  The League of Civilized Gentlemen and Ladies aroes 2 719 09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Last Post: aroes