The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Avidus [IV]
[Image: guild_logoblack.png?t=1297259429]
Avidus

"These are harsh times, plague, warss and the bickering among many factionss have made it hard for the natural order of things to impose itself, for the strong to lead and the weak to follow. The great shifts of destiny threatens to destroy even the most cunning of us. Power iss not for everyone, but in each of you I have seen the potential for it. Are you willing to take it? Then join uss, the Avidus, with uss you will find what you sseek, with us you will prosper. We are everywhere, watching, planning and pulling at the sstrings that will raise you from the masses or cast you down amongst them. We have the means to realize your potential, to make you the masters of destiny."

-The Apothecary adressing the founders.
[Image: Undeadtomereading-1.jpg?t=1296313903]

A Web of Intentions.

The purpose of the guild is to provide its members with a foundation from which they can rise, although all members ultimately serve only their own interests they do realize that cooperation will lead to greater success and security. For those that prove themselves loyal and useful there are rewards, oppertunities to step higher in the heirarchy and thus gain more influence not only within the Avidus itself but with all the groups which somehow have become entagled with them.

While not everyone is recruited due to intellectual or magical prowess most of those who are recruited have proven that they possess such qualities, but there are those that are taken in to care for the delicate (or not so delicate) tasks that the more mystically minded members are unfit for. Soldiers and spies, assassins and thieves are all needed to provide the security and assets the Avidus require to prosper, and even those most ignorant of the arcane arts can take a seat of power and influence if they have the will to take it.

A fair warning, most members of the guild will see it and others as tools to use for their own benefit, as such it isn't unusual for betrayal to occur, only rarely does the leaders of the guild take action against such and then only if it endangers the group as a whole. So if you do plan to betray someone, make sure it is done efficiently.

[Image: sf61_ghostSplash.jpg?t=1296776216]
A council

How the Wheels Turn.

This guild will not have a in-game tag and while there will be a register of all members (I have a bad memory) it will remain secret, even to most members. There is a channel for OOC communication but all IC interactions will take place either in face-to-face RP or through letters and the like. We will arrange, with the use of Total RP 2, drop off points where members can leave and find letters or other items. Members are encouraged to join other guilds and to gain influence and spy on them, however if the leadership suspects that a member isn't as loyal as they appear there is a risk that the member will be "dealt with". That's not to say that we discourage betrayal and disloyalty, one of the goals with the guild is to create conflict, not only the bloody kind but also, or mainly, intrigues and politicing.

We strive to incorporate as many guilds and individual players as possible,
[Image: avidred-3.png?t=1297262056]
not only those of darker intentions but anyone who dares interact with us. "Good" guilds could be infiltrated and influenced (or perhaps part of the leadership decides that the end justifies the means, hehe), mercs hired, lone-wolves recruited and there's always the option of opposition. The Avidus will never find itself in open war with anyone, rather the focus will be to "destroy" the enemy from within, to strike from the shadows (thieves, assassins and such figures could be useful) or pitting different guilds against each other, perhaps to ensure that neither grows too strong. But while we will strive to keep the core of the guild behind the scenes it is inevitable that at least some of our members eventually reveal themselves (or are revealed) and thus attract the ire of the more scrupulous characters of the world.

Every member will find their own purpose for the guild, be it to launch their own career within a specific guild or faction, to eliminate some opposition to themselves or simply study with a group that holds no judgement or prejudice of their chosen path. Pretty much anyone can find a reason to join us, so if you have a character that you'd be interested in associating with the guild feel free to seek out characters you suspect are members, gain their trust and maybe you'll be introduced into the circle.

We have a slew of titles and if proven popular they will be expanded, everyone have a chance to gain influence within the Avidus and will be properly rewarded with titles and respect if they do. The following are the titles that are available from the outset, note that they are grouped together to signify a certain degree of equality with in each group. The first group (Artifex and Primogen) are highest on the chain of command while the lowest group (Vicars, Acolytes and Initiates) is, obviously, the lowest.

Titles:

Spoiler:
Artifex: Not as much the leader as the first among equals, the Artifex will sit at the head of the table, so to speak, to ensure order during council meetings but otherwise he holds as much authority as the rest of the council. Of course, every Artifex may differ from the other and a strong man or woman might make it a office of true leadership.

Primogen: Members who have proven to be invaluable to the group, they rule the guild together with the Artifex in a council and hold the same authority as he does.

Archon: A judge and inquistor, he/she can investigate anyone suspected for treason against the Avidus.

Speaker: A diplomat and recruiter. The speakers whisper in the dark places in search for people with the right mind or assests to join the guild. They are also the ones sent to make first contact with potential allies.

Steward: The steward organizes the educational section of the Avidus, allocating members to where they can best develop their skills as well as hold certain control over the stores and caches established, allowing her some ability to reward promising members.

Curator: The Curator wanders the world in search of artifacts and other items that can prove useful to the guild, organizing expeditions to aquire specific magial objects or resources needed at the time.

Executor: The Excutor takes care of the more violent opposition of the guild, eliminating problems permanently but also providing protection when it is needed, for an example sending along bodyguards on the Steward's expeditions.

Claw: The Claw acts as a spymaster, his eyes and ears collect the information the Artifex and the Primogen council needs. Often this title is held by the Archon or handled directly by the Artifex, however it's not unusual that other members keep their own spies.

Vicar: An officer, of sorts, while still beneath most other ranks in the hiearchy a Vicar leads a handful of followers in something akin to a squad. Often the group will rise and fall together, depending on the actions of the members.

Initiate: The first rank attained once a character has been fully inducted.

Talent: A new member who have yet to gain the organization's trust and thusly have little but the barest knowledge of the group's structure and doings.

[Image: guild_logopurple.png?t=1297259432]

Welcome to the Brotherhood.

To join the Avidus you have to be approached during roleplay by a member, often a Speaker or one of the Council, this is obviously not something that happens every day but to keep a certain degree of mystery around the guild we want limit OOC information about the guild members. So joining won't be easy, first one have to gain the confidence of a member and then that member have to introduce you to the guild, then you will be given some knowledge of what we are before being assigned to a vicar who will guide you in the first period of your membership. Once you have proven yourself to the Avidus you will start rising in the ranks and eventually lead more sheep to the fold, so to speak, hehe.

Now in the beginning there will be some collaboration with people who've expressed an interest to join so that we can get the guild off the ground, but that won't last, when we feel confident in the guild we will move towards a policy of only recruiting through roleplaying.

[Image: red-10.png?t=1297262742]
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I presume this guild is multiracial, as it seems to owe no greater allegience to either Horde or Alliance? It sounds very interesting, I may have a character I'll want involved in this.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Rogue.
Anyone is welcome to try to join but do keep in mind that you won't be able to just waltz up to a member and state your interest, it'll take time to earn the trust of the members and it will require a bit of an effort from your character. However, it's all RP and should still be fun and enjoyable!

Bregar (My character) would like to join The Avidus.

Nexi and I have been waiting for this for a while. XD

So, when can we schedule a little meeting?
Looks like you need some Majyk.

Characters
Spoiler:
Ordin
Bregar Cimitero
Luscia Cimitero
Freya Grey
Blaudia Nihil
Roderick Giordano
Majyk
Apostasy
Azibo
Maxwell Pennington
Vyriel
Derin Taylor
Yeva Everbloom
Evissa
Vivi
I tend to be on during evenings (for Sweden, that is) but the last couple of days I've had little time, today I'll be on more so maybe we'll see each other. Right now I keep to one character and that's Alistus so it shouldn't be hard to grab hold of me!

My character Astus would be interested!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
The good Dr. Rotorwrist might find his goals in line with that of such a group. S'the weekend now so I might even be alive for a bit.
-We rise and rise again, until all is dust or under hour heel.

So guess whose back (back again), the guild post is updated (new cool pics yo) with some new info, we are already pretty well under way but if you feel like joining then contact us and we can see if something can't be arranged.

Also, Total RP 2 is required of all members! (Letter drop off points are useless without it).

Hmmm... This could prove very intriguing for one of several evil-doers of mine. The list is growing, too... Aulten, Dilix, Cladorn, Razen... I have no idea who to get involved in this group. Maybe, to a certain extent, all of them. Who knows?
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
It's totally cool to have more than one character involved at the same time, if you're interested the best way is probably to either grab me in game (usually on Alistus) or send a PM.

Haha well, as soon as I get the opportunity to log in, I'll pick a character to get ahold of you on! First would likely be Aulten. He has friends in high places and whatnot. So he could be of plenty of use.
Spoiler:
Edited. So much for being a secret.
McKnighter Wrote:I -think- Redis is sorta half-way into this, but he's dead right now. So.. We'll see about making it official whenever he comes back to life.

OOH OOH PICK ME! CLADORN WILL REVIVE HIM! It's likely to end badly, but still!
Spoiler:
Hehe, let's keep on topic!

Oh, and remember that we do want to try to keep some mystique around this, so announcing your characters and which will be joining might not be the best idea. As I mentioned earlier, contacting us privately if you wish to arrange for involvement is the best way to go, or just RP it all out, even cooler.

ON TOPIC?! WHAT IS THIS I don't even. D: Derp. Although honestly, I can't say as how anybody wouldn't expect my evil-doers to get involved in this. Not terribly secret, on my part.
Spoiler: