The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Shadows at work.
A dragonhawk messenger would arrive at Jidaeos estate and deliver a note to him, and him alone, scribed elegantly in Thalassan.

Quote:I have successfully infiltrated the catacombs. There has been no sight of our associates here, yet. Most of the people here, and I would apply the term loosely because I have not seen such pleasure brought about in a being by torturing and killing innocents before, are human. They use other humans as test subjects for experiments, even children. Many necromancers hide here, and the undead walk everywhere. I am doubting if we will find anyone here who would wish to further our cause, but I will continue to observe and report again when I have news worth reporting.

The note is not signed, but it is assumed Jidaeo would know who it was from.

// EDIT;
Sorry, should this have been posted in the IC section, rather than the guild forum?
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Rogue.
A dragonhawk circles the sky floating above his shoulder. He takes the message from its tail and slowly unravels it.

"Hmmm." He says aloud while reading. He pulls out a quill and writes a new message in Thalassian.

Jidaeo Wrote:My induction will be soon, I am heading to Dalaran. I see others have failed where you have not. If they're is little interest there, leave before you find yourself in the same fate as the others I have sent. Any word of this, "Circus?"
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
The following is not sent to anyone, it is the first page of a fresh infiltrators notebook for the mission, initially hastily scribed in Thalassan. When finished, the page would be copied to the next, but encoded with a secret cypher such that it would be senseless, foreign gibberish to anyone looking at it without the key, while the original is burnt.

Quote:Observed a forsaken dragging a young girl through the dark halls. Followed to a small room, where he met another forsaken. Do not know either's name yet, but recognised one as the mage experimenting on the young human a day ago. The room was too small to enter unobserved, could not enter to see what was going on within, listened from outside until they parted ways.

Notable persons thus far

Forsaken 1; Female. Previously seen wielding magic, likely necromantic. Possesed the still living body of the child experiment victim. Alchemist. Seemingly forms some part of a command structure.

Forsaken 2; Dressed in mage-like robes, carried a wicked dagger on each hip. As of yet, no outward signs of magecraft.

'Jester'; Masked figure of unknown race, sounded male. Garbed in leathers. Bragged openly about prowess in killing. Extrememly bloodthirtsy, likely psychotic. If his stories are to be believed, this is a dangerous individual.

'Hood'; Not much known. Human, male. Red mage-like garb. Possible personal insecurities.

Forsaken 1 spoke to Forsaken 2 regarding a 'Blood domain' needing a 'speaker', hinting that 2 would be suitable, but that the decision was 'Reds'.

Blood domain: Possible arm of an organisation. Blood magic? Assassinations? What other arms exist? Arcane? Fel? Presumably undead are used for menial labour tasks.

Speaker: Head of said arm? Subordinate to Red?

Red: A leader of some description?

The 'Circus' was mentioned, but only in passing, as though some form of rival, or a group with inferior ideals.

No contact made with associates.

More observation required.
I am Rogue.
// Durnit. I swear I posted this earlier, before work. I may have forgotten stuff.

More notes follow on the next pages, scribed from the shadows and encoded later.

Quote:Witnessed Forsaken 1 with a Gnome outside crypt, discussing a project. Shortly after they went inside, to a room many gathered in. Conversation was abundant.

New players.

Fritzall Industries; Contracted to build a device for stripping flesh from bone without damaging the skeleton. Numbers 4 in total, minus the Gnome who met with Forsaken 1.

Forsaken 3; heavily armoured, armed with single longblade of obvious magical enchantment. Hooded. Difficulty breathing. Seems to act in a slave/guard capacity.

Night Elf; male, name unknown. Casually garbed, wields spiked staff. Came seeking 'Snack', left after being informed she was not there.

Atticus; "Fresh from Death". Forsaken? Possibly experimented on against it's will. Emprisoned.

Blood Elf, 'Firebrand'; Female, long red hair. Entered carrying a female human body. Garbed in leathers, with daggers on hips. Likely not a mage. "Suited for the Blood Domain".

Blood Domain; Bodysnatchers for the Necromancers?

Redis; Present with the others in the room. Appearance unknown. 'Red'?

Martyr; Unknown. Likely a codename for one who was in that room.

Human, female; Black hair, eye patch, heavily armoured. Identified self as 'Isabella Rosencraft'. Codename 'Raven' 'Pain'.

The Echo; Unknown. "Service to the Echo", "... hear the Echo.".

Test of Compassion/Willpower; Test required to join 'cult'. 'Pain' undertook test of Willpower, seemed to have passed. Firebrand stated the test of Compassion "was fun".

Still no sign of associates.
I am Rogue.