The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Jordoom`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, my name is Jordan. As of this writing, I am a 20-year-old male from Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm currently studying Political Science and History at a small, liberal arts college here in NS.

I'm big on Warcraft, but when I'm not venturing in Azeroth, I enjoy cooking (especially eating), Xbox, reading and writing, and just hanging out with friends.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
As mentioned above, I'm from lovely Nova Scotia, Canada.

It's a small peninsula on the East Coast of Canada. One of the four original provinces that formed the Dominion of Canada back in 1867! :)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been a long-time Warcraft nerd, falling in love with Warcraft III and then delving back into the other games. I met Warcraft through Diablo; an awesome poster of Cenarius in heated combat with some Warsong Orcs came with my Diablo disks, and I was hooked.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found this server a few years ago, and I've come and gone as my schedule has permitted. I really like how the server is devoted to roleplay, and how folks here are committed to staying within WoW lore (which is so broad and open that I really see no reason to go beyond it...)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Some of the most fun I've had roleplaying is adventure roleplaying. Out in the world, fighting and trying to survive with friends, achieving a common goal.

An amazing roleplay experience I once had was actually here on CotH. My warlock, Surrish, and some of his fellow mercenaries in a guild whose name unfortunately escapes me, were looking for a missing compatriot who was last seen in Deadwind pass.

We RPed sneaking past the ogres, trying not to awaken them from their dens (though of course we did at some point.) We thought we were doomed, until, out of nowhere, a Blood Elf hunter fired off a succession of shots, felling the beasts and accompanying our party.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
When I posted my last app, so many months ago, I said Forsaken.

I'm not so sure, anymore. I've rolled a few new characters on the live servers since then, had some more RP experiences, etc.

One race I've grown to have a fond appreciation for, despite their sometimes lacking lore, are the Draenei. I love how, in the face of adversity and near extinction, they maintain their faith and their virtue. They have a tenacity that is impossible not to respect, IMHO.

This is a difficult question, because there are positive and appealing aspects to all the playable races and classes in the Warcraft universe.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect (and I've received in the past) positive, lore-abiding RP experiences. Rich storylines and engaging characters, played by kind and respectful and interesting players from all over the world.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the clause that discusses the need for humility. For me, RP is a lot like improv (and I've spent a lot of time in theater. I was close to taking Theater at Uni, actually.) In improv, the idea is to collaborate with people (with little or no prior knowledge of the character they're portraying) and making a cohesive, engaging story out of it.

So many people are keen to win the "Best Actor" RP-Oscar, but what people need to realize is that you can have as much fun being a supporting actor, too. In most games, your character is the protagonists. In MMOs and RPs, you're just one of many characters, and we all need to remember that the spotlight need not be on us at all times.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Alauron surveyed the scene, his bright, white-blue, pupil-less eyes scanning across the massacre. Green-skinned orcs howled with delight, their weapons slick and wet with viscous, blue blood.

Her blood. There she lay, a macabre mess of bone and flesh and sinew and blue blood. One of her horns - a lovely, curled appendage, white as her marble skin - lay shattered beside her nigh unrecognizable face.

Indeed, half of her skull had been cleaved clean off. One of her legs lay twisted and broken, a few feet away from the rest of her once wonderfully created physique.

But now... Now she was just meat.

Finally, he, Alauron, stepped out into the clearing. He, like his fallen betrothed, was a Draenei. A Draenei Vindicator, to be precise. He stood, proud and defiant, his golden-white armor shimmering; his white, talbuk-hide cloak billowing behind him.

He lifted his mace, a gargantuan, shimmering, glowing violet stone on a well-fashioned hilt. "You murderers!" roared the Vindicator in the Draenei tongue, his voice deep, though steady. He wanted to weep, to break down and hold her bloodied form. To kiss her one last time, and tell her that she was his sun-and-stars.

But not yet. Not just yet.

"Murderers!" roared Vindicator Alauron again. "Vile, putrid, smelling maggots of the Legion. You have slain scores of my kind. You have sold yourself to the Legion as slaves and whores. Now, you shall receive the wages for those crimes, and for this crime as well!" He engaged a battle-pose.

One of the orcs chuckled. He stared down at Alauron, and to the latter's surprise, spoke in fragmented Draenei. "Foolish blue blood. Many of us.... LOK'TAR OGAR!"

And the orcs came. They might have had numbers on their side, but by now, Alauron was virtually trembling with righteous anger.

"FOR ZAYYIDA!" Alauron roared the name of the shattered female draenei in the clearing - his one love - and swung his mace with both hands at the first orc to come into range. The violet crystal collided with the orc's head, and the sickening sound of a skull splitting filled the air. The orc staggered down onto his knees, swinging his axe feebly before falling into the dirt, convulsing.

The next orc leapt at Alauron, and another dove at the draenei vindicator's knees. Alauron bashed one aside with the hilt of his hammer, but the second orc knocked him onto his back.

"You will die like her!" roared the orc on top of him. Alauron merely grabbed the beast by the topknot on its head, and headbutted the orc hard. Alauron's cranial plates reinforced the blow, but the orc fell off, dazed.

This time, Alauron pinned him. Then, he pulled back his fist, clenching it tightly beneath his thick, plate gauntlets. He drove the fist into the orc's throat. The beast wheezed, and then its face blackened.

And so the battle went, until the raiding party, some 8 or 9 orcs, all lay broken and vanquished in the clearing. Alauron's armor was dirty and bloodied, and he breathed heavily. But he had been victorious.

He knelt down beside Zayyida, his betrothed, his wife to be. She was still, lifeless. Beyond healing.

Alauron sighed heavily, and then returned to where he had tethered his elekk. He mounted the armored beast, and rode back to camp.

As he dismounted at the Hand of Argus warcamp, he summoned his three inferiors - young Draenei men he had been instructed to train. "Armor up and mount up," he demanded.

"What for?" asked Vindicator Kanuudo, a young but eager trainee.

"Tonight, we hide in this camp no longer. Tonight, we take the fight to these orcs. Once and for all."

"But our orders were to-"

"Damn the orders. We are going to find as many orcs as we can... and we are going to slay them all."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hope to be re-accepted to the server! Thanks for your time!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jordoom Loves to RP!!!!! Jordoom 2 781 01-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Kaelvan