The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dirty Little Secret.
"Give ya twenny silvuh for it." The man says, offering me a toothy grin. I survey his face carefully before offering any facial expression.

Smiling, I can feel the muscles in my eyes strain a bit, "Nice try. Twenty-five and you got it, though. I respect you." It's worth twenty-two silver.

"Twenny-three." He says, chuckling as if he's got me.

I sigh superficially, looking defeated, "Fine, fine... You drive a tough bargain, so I'll drop it to twenty-three and fifty copper." I give him what he wants. He takes the bait, going in for the kill as if he'd beaten me.

The man grins at me, obviously pleased with himself, "A'ight! You got yerself a deal." He counts out the money, sliding it across the table for me to survey. Twenty-three silver coins and a pouch of fifty copper. I hand him the object he desired so much, a silvery, glittering necklace. Looking his face over, he seems so delighted. I make him know I'm happy for him, I truly am. I smile and - once again - the muscles in my eyes strain. It's so difficult to fake happiness, but it's part of my job, so I'll live with it. I look up to the sky, noticing that the sun is still quite high.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day's over and I've made a cumulative profit of around ten gold. Not a bad day, not a good one. I can do better, for sure. I'm off my game, though. The wagon comes back with me to Stormwind, the guards check the inside quickly and offer me a salute. I grin superficially and wave to them. I bring the wagon out front of the shop - my home, and bring my horse back to stable it. When I return, the next job is to bring my merchandise back in. A few crates and sacks later, and the wagon is almost worthless to thieves if it's stolen. Everything is stored safely in my basement.

The sun is lowering as I pour a bit of Pinot Noir into a glass, a toast to a job once again well done. Sipping from it and leaning back into the chair, I am finally able to express myself without losing customers. A sigh is all I need. Running my hand through my hair, I shake my head quickly, shaking away undesirable thoughts. I should read, but which book? Perhaps I should study more. But which? Medicine, tailoring, arts or culinary pursuits? Such a difficult choice, and yet I find myself perfectly... Apathetic. It appears that once again, I shall spend an evening staring into nothingness, simply wondering what to do. How... Wonderful.

Out there, I am one of the crowd. I smile, I joke, I court women... I am a perfectly ordinary human. In here, however... I am something less. I can hardly explain it, but I have never been... Whole. I am hardly human, and I never will be like them. Or, at least, I don't believe I will be. Perhaps I should talk with some about it, but I doubt they would like to hear my introspection. It would likely make them as... Depressed?... Perhaps not the right word... As I am.

I am Sabrand Fletcher... Hardly a human being in my own head, and yet everyone thinks I am perfectly like them all. It's quite an amusing little bit of information.

Another amusing little bit of information: A high enough dosage of Dreamless Sleep Potion could potentially be enough to make one fall unconscious indefinitely. Or, at least, that is my theory. I should check to see if it's been proven yet. But yes, a most wondrous potion, the Dreamless Sleep Potion. It knocks those who get enough of a whiff of it straight out of their own heads and into a, well, dreamless sleep. The imbiber regains consciousness eventually, of course... It's been used in surgeries, as a sort of pain-prevention technique, and can help a great deal with sleeping problems, if used properly.

I can only assume that the sun is down, as I'm down in my basement, arranging my merchandise. I sit down in a seat, exhausted, looking out to another chair in front of me and chuckling uncontrollably. It's well into the night and I'm up while all else are asleep. Not a few hours ago, I didn't want to do a damned thing, and now I'm in my basement arranging everything! Oh, the contradictions slay me, sometimes. However, it is time to get back to work, so I get my gloves back on and walk to a box. Cracking it open, I pull out one of the pieces of merchandise, a beautiful stiletto knife. I mime a bit of a fight with it, the knife flowing wonderfully. A smile creeps onto my lips, a grand object to sell.

I turn back to the chairs, walking over behind one. A man is in it, completely in the nude. He's bound to the chair and, although he struggles, he cannot move or even scream. I notice, in my other hand, a silvery necklace, though hard to see in this light, glinting ever so wondrously. I hold it up to the man's face, nodding slowly as I stand behind him.

"Twenty-three silver and fifty copper." I think aloud. He tries to scream, but the cries are muffled. I chuckle and repeat this a few times.

I pull the necklace away and lay it on a crate.

I return to the man, this time standing in front of him. I survey his face carefully before offering any facial expression. I break out into a simple smile, nodding at him as I crouch down to look him in the eyes. Oh, the eyes... Windows to one's soul, they say, and that they truly are. One can not express more with words than they can with their eyes, after all. You can see a man's true intent in his eyes when his words would deceive you. Before I finish thinking, the knife is holding fast to the area betwixt his shoulder and neck. I smile at him, the blade of the knife biting into his flesh every so tenderly.

He gives me what I want... Even if he doesn't know it. I take the opportunity and go in for the kill. The crimson flows, changing his skin color. He struggles against the bindings as I grab him by the hair with my right hand, making a symmetrical cut to the other side of his body. Though he can't scream, I can hear him trying. I stand back and survey the work, looking him in the eyes.

I am Sabrand Fletcher... Hardly a human in mind or actions... And part of me likes it this way. There's a sort of... Fun to it. All else pales in comparison.
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
(( I really like this story, does relate to my own character Coriv alot :D ))

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Secret Lives of Warlocks [Solheim Society] Rosencrat 4 967 08-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Last Post: WindZealot
  Kirabo's dirty deeds Kirabo 1 671 03-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Kirabo