The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Faeranduil - The Cripple who is Whole

Childhood

My name is Faeranduil. I belong to the mysterious creatures called Night Elfs. People call me Faeranduil The Cripple who is Whole, but you will get that story later. I was born many years ago, so many centuries ago, that I don't even count anymore. By that time I was an eager fresh man, always ready for new adventures. I remember how I used to listen to the elders, telling stories about The Kaldorei, the old word for Night Elfs. How we became Night Elfs. At that time I wondered how weak mortal human look alike could turn into Night Elfs. I was young and selfish, and that wasn't proper manners in an Elver society. I was born when the Dwarfs where seen for the first time in Azeroth. They were strange creatures, small but had a skeleton like no others. They are robust creatures. They were intelligent, but they easily lost their temperament. Back then they didn't leave their mountains very often. But they were brave, and are this day today very brave.
Well back on track. After some time, I was taken into training by an old High Elf called Eriladar. He had fought in the Ancient war, and was a great warrior, but was wise as no other I had ever met.
Faeranduil – The Apprentice

Eriladar was old, but he could still swing a sword like no other person I have ever seen in my life.
He was old, and he didn't have long time left. When we started I thought we should swing a sword, and block with a shield every day. But I was wrong. He was truly like no other Warrior. We started the day with opening a book, and read about the The War of the Ancients. I couldn't believe it, so I complained, and I shouldn't have done that. He smacked me with the steel of his sword, and told me to sit down and listen. So I did. Months passed by with the books, and I learned everything about our history, even more than the elders. Soon we started sword practicing and he could dance with a blade, he was fast, even though he was old. He won over me many times. But soon I learned he's sword series. And we were practicing at lightning speed; it looked like flashes for many of the children's that sometimes watched us practicing. 10 years after Eriladar died. I buried him, since he had no one left, and he wouldn't accept a proper funeral from our society by that time. So I buried him at he's home. Eriladar's house became mine afterwards. After a long time in exile, words stumbled across Azeroth, to us.

An adventure to enemy land

I had enough of Dalaran, I had lived my whole life here, and now I wanted to explore the rest of Azeroth. So I decided to travel. I traveled to Eastern Kingdom. I took one of the many elven ships. My first interest was Stormwind, because the human lived there. I traveled to Stormwind and met many great people, especially humans. Soon my vision of humans was changed, and I respected them a lot. After I had lived a while in Stormwind I soon realized that my happiness couldn't continue, because my economy kept decreasing, I had no profit. So I started teaching people how to use a sword, and I mean like really use a sword. A new set of series I had combined with my old master's. Of course they couldn't swing at the same speed, or with the same strength, but they did it good. I decided to move out of Stormwind, and went on a dangerous path.
My dream was in the direction of Kalmidor, on horde territory. I had enough money I had a fine sword, a good bag pack, and then I traveled on foot. I found a cheap ship that would take me to Kalimdor. But they didn't want to dock at land unfortunately. I had no problems with that, I understood them completely who would like an orcs sword in your flesh? Not me, nor them. So about 12 miles from the coast, they stopped, and I jumped into the water, with my bag pack and sword. I swim to the coast, and it was starting to get dark. I had no problem with that. That would mean fewer problems with the horde, harder to get compromised. When I got to the coast, I only thought of finding a place to hide, until sunset, so I could travel to a more safe location. I found some rocks nearby, with an “entrance” or what you would call it; actually it was two big stones, where I just could get through. When I was all sit in the little rock cave, I had something to eat, and changed my clothes to something that wasn't wet, and salty. At least there is one good thing with this heat, clothes dry fast. In the morning I took my now dry clothes and stuffed them back into my bag pack. I went out of the cave. And I decided to run into the centrum of this continent. I quickly found out that the road wasn't a suitable place for somebody from Eastern Kingdom. I met trolls several times, one time in a directly conflict. Where a female troll tossed a cane after me, and shouted something.

After some days, I quickly learned where I could walk and shouldn't walk.

Soon I had the big city in my view, and I could see the guards in front of it. But I didn't get any longer before I stumbled across two soldiers and a troll magician. I got into a fight them, and to my worst fear thet roll, started throwing magic at me. I avoided it, while dueling with the two orc soldiers. I quickly ended one of the orcs with a strike, but meanwhile the other orc tried to hit me in the back, he succeeded and failed. He did hit me, but in the last second I was available to dodge, so it was only a little “wound” I got. But because of the wound it was more difficult to move around and dodge. To my luck the orc stumbled over a stone, while he ran towards me, with he's sword above he's head, shouting. While he fell I swung the sword upwards with the blade directed towards the orc's jaw. I sliced him, and pulled the sword to me again. But when I halfway turned around, the magician threw a curse at me, and I was hit. I flew some meters backwards, and landed hard on the ground and all the air was punched out of my lungs. I realized I was meeting my maker now, it was over. The magician came closer, and while he did, I managed to take a little throwing knife out of me sleeve, I was sure I wasn't able to hit, but my instinct struggled for survival so it drove me to do whatever that was necessary to survive. When he was about a meter and a half away from me, I threw it towards he's neck, and I caught him by surprise. It flew into he's neck and he started making some brood sounds, while he tried to speak. When he spoke blood came out of he's mouth, and he spit in anger while talking. He felt down on he's knee's and suddenly he's eyes turned from inside out, so you could see the white in the eyeball, and he felt forwards, and slammed down in the ground, and didn't move further.
I slowly got up on my knees, and my lungs where screaming for air. Soon I could the delighting and smooth air down in my lungs again. I got up and looked at the mess. I knew I didn't have time for any further adventure experience here, so I quickly took my stuff and ran back to the coast where I came from. When running I suddenly experienced a pain like no other. It was like flames cursing through my veins, and I felt down on my knees and started screaming, the pain slowly took off, and I ran the last of the pain away. After some days I was back at the coast, and through those days I experienced several of these attacks. Same thing happened every time. I saw the boat waiting for me at the coast, just a few more miles out in the water, then last time. I jumped into the water once again, and swim towards my ticket home.

3 Months later.

3 months after I damned myself for my need to experience the world. I still had these sudden attacks, but sometimes they weren't as powerful, or they wore of faster. People acknowledged what happened to me. And a human magician who had helped me found out it was a curse. Now people started calling me
Faeranduil -The Cripple who is whole.

Home sweet home

After some years I took back to my old masters house in Dalaran, and decided to leave the warrior path behind. I had enough of killing. I met a druid in Dalaran, he's name was Pharom.
He became my friend, and my teacher. I now followed the path of druidism. I never spoke about my past, and when Pharom asked, I refused to tell him about it, and he respected it. We used many hours out in the nature, walking with the animals, looking at plants, and I discovered a whole new world. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that, I had never seen life in this kind of way. Pharom was in many ways a great mentor. And he taught me about magic, and its ability to heal, and how druids could turn into certain animals. When we needed guidance, we asked the animal spirits. And I lived for very long with Pharom. And I became a whole other person.
I remember my first day out in the nature what Pharom said to me.
“We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this”
These words is making echo in the corridor of my mind.
Dalaran

Today I am a druid, and haven't touched a sword in many years. Every morning when I wake up I watch the sunrise from a tall tree not far from my home. I walk amongst the animals, and talk with them. I heal plants which have caught a disease, and help ill animals.
I am finally at peace.

((Titles and more text will be added, as I explore the world of Azeroth))

((NOTE - I might got some of it wrong, please tell me if you find anything.))
The time is odd with me. So he's a Night Elf? Or...
Danalthar Wrote:The time is odd with me. So he's a Night Elf? Or...

Yes he is. If you find a area which is too confusing tell me, so I can change it.
Well, then he wouldn't go with Anasterian. That would make him a High Elf.
Trivia time with Muhaha8!

Did you know that "The Cripple Who is Whole" is the title of the Elf who trained Eragon in book two, Eldest, of the Eragon series? Just sayin'.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Danalthar Wrote:Well, then he wouldn't go with Anasterian. That would make him a High Elf.

Oh shit I forgot that. You are completley right! I'll change that!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Cripple and The Cane Harmonic 0 542 01-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Harmonic