The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Kiefer157`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm currently in my eleventh year of schooling, or sophomore year if you prefer I say that, gearing my studies toward anything to do with the computer. While I haven't had the chance to take many electives quite yet, I've taken a basic Web Design class (which I plan to repeat next year, due to the fact that CSS makes me want to bash my face into the wall,) and I'm currently taking CISCO I, which deals with configuring routers. As of this moment, I've absolutely no clue what I'd like to do for a job later on in life, but I'm sure it'll be something to do with computers, as I've always been good with them, and I think I'd fully enjoy a job that would allow me to work with them on a daily basis.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born In the USA, raised in the USA, and I'll probably Die in the USA. Not because I'm totally in love with America, but because I don't really see myself moving anywhere else at this moment in time. English is my primary language, though I've taken a few weeks of Japanese (ended up dropping the class because of the calligraphy, which ended up giving me low grades due to the fact that I've got terrible handwriting. Perhaps that's the other reason I love computers so much) and a little Spanish, but really only enough to say "Hello!" and talk about someones orange dog. Unless I change my schedule before next semester, I'll be taking Spanish again and expanding my vocabulary a bit.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Back in the sixth grade when I still thought Runescape was the bees knees, I finished all the free quests and got bored with all the back and forth involved. I realized there was really nothing left to do, sure, I could level up to the max level, but I really didn't feel like I was accomplishing anything. I began my search for another game, trying out things like Battleon and Metin2, but every game I encountered bored me within the first few days of playing. Finally, I decided I'd give WoW a try, and I went to the site to download the free trial. As soon as I created my first character, watched the opening movie, and got my first look at Teldrassil, I was hooked. Sure, it was mostly just "Go here, kill this, bring me that" quests, but I was distracted, for the moment, by the graphics and detail put into the quests. I think I must have created at least six trial accounts before I finally began to get bored. I wasn't bored because WoW wasn't fun anymore, but because I got tired of having to start all over from level One every six days. It was around this time that I started searching for a way to play World of Warcraft for free, and stumbled upon private servers. At first, I went around to all the PvP servers and had a great time, but having the best gear in the game is only fun for so long before you get bored. Once I'd gotten off my PvP/PvE high, I began looking for servers that gave you cool little features, like the ability to transform into different monsters or something like that. That too got boring, and I moved on to GM servers. However, GM servers were somewhat difficult to find, and when I -did- find one, I was hardly ever enjoying myself. I quit WoW for a few months, trying to find something that caught my interest when I finally discovered the wonders of Roleplaying. I realized that WoW would be a great place to Roleplay, and began searching for private RP servers. They were even harder to find than the GM servers! However, I did eventually find a server I liked (Echeloned WoW) and I spent two years there, on and off.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
As I said, once PvP/PvE and GM servers got boring, I began searching for RP servers and eventually found Echeloned. I loved Echeloned and would still be playing it today if not for the fact that it has been shutdown. I did a bit of searching and saw Conquest of the Horde, and figured "Hey, why not?" I've seen many of the former players of Echeloned talking about this server and thought I'd give it a try. Not to mention the fact that all the other RP servers I've tried thus far leave me feeling empty due to the sheer number of trolls and idiots who Godmod or Powergame even when warned by the GMs of the server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm typically up for any type of RP that's being offered, but if I were to search for something, I'd rather be in a group of about twenty people. In my experience, larger groups than this cause problems as far as getting attention from anyone to roleplay with, and smaller groups have difficulty maintaining interesting roleplaying situations. I'm usually found either in the wilderness or in a small town, as I've always avoided large cities unless I absolutely had to go to one for some reason. This is not to say that I don't enjoy Action or Danger RPs. In echeloned, players were allowed to make their own instanced roleplay situations, which I absolutely loved. I'd often participate in Rps in which we'd enter a haunted mansion, or we'd raid a fortress where a fair maiden was being held captive. Generally, though, I do enjoy the smaller rps in which I mine for ore with a few good men, or craft weapons and armor for people, due to the fact that I've never particularly found fighting all that interesting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a tough question. Generally I play Night Elves because I enjoy the starting area, and I like way they look. Most other races have the same spectrum of skin colors (except for the undead, but eew) and It's refreshing to see a person with Blue or Purple skin, glowing eyes, and oddly colored hair.
I'd have to say that It's a three-way tie for my favorite class. Druids have the ability to transform into animals, as well as an attachment to nature that I can identify with, while Hunters get pets, and I absolutely love the thought of running around with a panther that's docile enough to allow me to pet it, but still wild enough to know what to do in a sticky situation. Mages, on the other hand, have always been a favorite of mine because of the things they can do. I've always been fascinated with magic, and I've read a countless number of novels with a magician or sorcerer as the protagonist. In WoW, it's the ability to open portals, or make sustenance appear from thin air that gets me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Due to the fact that there's a required introduction to make sure that players are right for the server, I'm expecting to log in and not see spam over OOC or IC. This is actually the reason I've left quite a few RP servers in the past. I see people who are clearly either Trolls, or really just -that- dumb, saying absolutely moronic things that make me want to puke. I'm also expecting to see mature players that aren't going to make little OOC comments about everything you say. I.E.:

Me: Just wait! I'm almost there!
Annoying immature 10 year old: ((XD bro! that's totally what she said!))

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Overall, I like the fact that people aren't going to be allowed to make characters with ridiculous backgrounds, such as being a dragon that's taken the form of a Blood elf, or something equally stupid. While I did love Echeloned, I saw -way- too much of that. Half the people on my block list were there simply because they ended up always roleplaying the spawn of some dragon and then using the ".modify form" command after about three minutes to turn into a dragon and kill everyone.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'd like to complete this later, due to the fact that when I -do- write, I like to have inspiration, and I generally base my stories for things like this off of my character, which I have yet to create.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just out of curiosity, why was the name of the server chosen? Were there other thoughts before you finally Decided on Conquest of the Horde?

Last time I tried to submit this, it told me I need to log in, so I clicked the back button and opened a new window to log in. Just telling you in case this is posted twice, if it is, sorry.
Welcome to the server!

And I have no idea why the name of the server is Conquest of the Horde. Send Kretol a PM. xD
I'm very glad to be here! I can't wait to get home and check things out!