The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Higher Learning
Megwyn idly flips through the text she's holding, her legs crossed all lady-like. She clears her throat softly and checks her pocket watch, a slight frown forming along her lips as she snaps it shut and pockets it once more.

There is a crackle of arcane and a flash of light as Alexas stumbles out onto the terrace. She looks around confused for a moment before stumbling in. Her robes continue to crackle with energy for a moment longer as she quickly smoothes down her hair.

Megwyn looks up from the text at Alexas' dramatic entrance. "Miss Kalter, I presume?"

Alexas coughs, nodding quickly. She looks herself over; making sure everything is in order before offering the woman a smile as she approaches the table. “Oh, yes. Lady Medwyn. It is a pleasure. “She crosses her ankel and curtseys.

Megwyn closes the book and sets it aside, offering Alexas a warm smile. "No need for formalities, miss Kalter. I'm not royalty." She clears her throat and stands, holding out a hand to her. "Are you ready to begin?"

Alexas chuckles sheepishly, nodding. “Oh, yes. Of course. I apologize; I am so used to dealing with my Master in matters of training... “She accepts the extended hand, shaking it slowly.” Oh, of course. "

Megwyn grips Alexas' hand tightly and nods. "Alright. Let's see." A gentle squeeze sensation would envelop the two of them, growing gradually stronger until the two had vanished.

Megwyn lets go of Alexas' hand. "Right then, everything in order? Left no parts behind?"

Alexas blinks in surprise, looking around... “How did we... Oh... “She checks herself and nods.” That... was amazing. "

[Megwyn]: A cheap parlor trick, my dear. Now then, take off those boots of yours.

[Alexas]: Hmm? Oh, alright!

Megwyn kicks off her sandals and turns toward Alexas with a grin. "Now then, two questions for you. Why did I just ask you to remove your shoes, and where are we?"

Alexas looks down at her boots, bending over and quickly undoing the laces. She resists the urge to plop down on her rear as she jerks them off one at a time. It takes her a moment, but finally she stands barefoot, toes wiggling in the dirt.

[Alexas]: Hmm, if I remember what I read correctly, even something as small as shoes could prove as interferenace for those not attuned to the Ley-lines, correct? As to where...

Alexas looks around, giving a short shiver. " I've.. been here. Well, not in this exact location.. but.. The barrier between the veil is weak here. I would assume somewhere near Deadwind Pass, correct? "

Megwyn claps once with an excited laugh. "Correct! And one last question before we begin, -why- Deadwind of all places?"

Alexas looks at Megwyn, seeming quite pleased as she ponders this last question. " Hmm.. Oh! It's a hub for Ley-lines, correct? Several meet here, in this region. "

Alexas blinks, touching her necklace and raising it to her lips. She begins to whisper into it.

[Megwyn]: Precisely! Which makes this place ideal for budding Ley Walkers to get in tune with the lines.

[Megwyn]: And what's that?

Alexas blinks. "Oh! This.. is a windstone. Something my House and I use to
communicate.. Something is happening; I am trying to figure out what... "She blushes, rubbing the back of her head.

Megwyn quirks a brow. "I've never heard of such a thing." She approaches Alexas. "How does it work?"

[Alexas]: Oh! Well.. here. I can give you one as well, if you like!

Megwyn frowns a bit, eyeing the necklace from a distance. "I see nothing that makes it look special... how odd."

Alexas rummages around in her robes, sighing until she finally pulls out a flat, riverstone. It has a shamanistic symbol carved into it's surface. Upon closer inspection, it seems to shimmer and hum. " Here! "

[Alexas]: It uses the a spirit of wind to communicate with the other stones. What you say here, is heard by anyone else holding a stone.

Megwyn holds the stone to eye-level. "How does it work? I know nothing of Shaman magics..."

[Alexas]: Just... speak into it!

Megwyn holds it to her mouth. "Testing?" She quirks a brow, feeling rather silly talking to a rock.

Megwyn holds the stone to her ear. "Who're all these voices?" She looks at Alexas.

[Alexas]: Other members of the House.

Megwyn holds out the stone. "An odd contraption this is. But look at me, toying with some rock when I'm supposed to be teaching you! Shame on me for being so easily distracted."

Alexas blinks, chuckling softly. "Well, keep it! If you need me, you can contact me with that. I till be easier. "

[Megwyn]: What do I just... say your name into it?

[Alexas]: Whatever you want to say. You could say... "Alexas, I have need of you.” or... "Hey, Alexas. I am ready to instruct you once more.” Even." Hey, Alexas! Listen to me! "

[Alexas]: Or.. just my name.

[Alexas]: Any work.

Megwyn pockets the stone. "Then it should come in handy later, I daresay! But again, back to work. Now, recall your earlier training in the arcane. You recall having to spend long hours in meditation to make contact with the Twisting Nether, correct?"

Alexas nods, removing her windstone and placing it in her pocket. She focuses on Megwyn, nodding. "Yes, I do. Not my favorite part of training." She chuckles weakly as she continues to rub the back of her head.

Megwyn frowns. "But I'm afraid it's one you'll have to do again. Only this time the source is far closer and more potent, so be careful with how you handle it. A little at a time will do. Hold it for as long as you can, let go, and repeat."

Alexas nods quickly, a determined look entering her eyes. "That is alright. I am ready to do whatever it takes. "Determination gives way to a somewhat excited smile."Tis most likely best, over-exposure cannot be good. Not until I am attuned with the Line, correct?"

[Megwyn]: Exactly. While the Ley nulls the corruption the arcane from the Twisting Nether gives us, it isn't without its dangers. Too much before you are ready can easily kill you. This is why Ley walking isn't a part of Dalaran's standard curriculum. We all know -

[Megwyn]: - the young mages of today, so eager to show their "genius", end up making catastrophic mistakes. They're simply not ready mentally for it.

[Alexas]: Ah, yes. I actually asked my master as to why this was.. she said it was because most ley-walker trianees become raving lunatics, obsessed with magic. It was.. prolly best I did not learn of Ley-Walking sooner.. I used to be.. quite impatient..

[Megwyn]: Exactly. It's for our own good that we don't learn this sooner.

Alexas smiles weakly as she takes a deep breath of the cold, damp air. " It makes sense.. "

[Megwyn]: Now then, I want you to do your best to concentrate entirely on the ley that run beneath your feet. I don't expect you to find anything on your first try, but let's see what you can do.

Alexas nods, a weak smile crossing her lips as her eyes flutter shut. Her breathing becomes slow and steady, her body seeming to grow unnaturally still as she concentrates.. she remains in this state for several minutes.

Megwyn remains silent the entire time, observing Alexas for signs of stress.

Alexas starts to nibble on the side of her lips, after another few moments she cracks open one of her eyes almost comically and glances around. She exhales, shaking her head. " Nada..I.. I thought I had something at first. " She frowns, staring intently at the

Alexas \\ ground below her bare feet..

Megwyn chuckles softly. "It's alright. It could take a few weeks for you to even feel it, nevermind use it. The trick is to be patient and calm. If you expect perfection from yourself, you'll find only disappointment."

Alexas looks up, smiling weakly and nodding. " I.. I didn't expect it to be easy. That's.. prolly a good thing. " She chuckles softly, listening to Megwyn. " Weeks, I can deal with weeks. I will be worth it.. " She offers a pleasant smile, wiggling her toes..

[Megwyn]: Quite worth it. But again, patience and focus are key. I will leave you in silence to meditate.

Megwyn sits a short distance away, but keeps her eyes on Alexas.

Alexas looks at the ground, sighing softly as she lowers herself to the earth. She makes a slight motion with her hand and suddenly the dirt infront of her feet is swept aside, leaving two small indentions for her feet. She settles down, placing her feet in them, ensuring they remain in contact with the earth..

Alexas cracks open an eye, sighing as she removes her stone from her pocket, whispering into it quickly.

[Megwyn]: Is there some way to turn that off? You cannot have anything distracting you...

Alexas nods, tossing the stone to Megwyn. " There.." She smiles weakly, winking at her instructor as her eyes drift closed once more.

Megwyn holds out a hand for it and it drifts lazily into her palm. "Right." She smirks.

Alexas shifts, crossing her legs. She lays her palms against her legs, her posture slowly stiffens as she receeds into the recesses of her mind, focusing solely on trying to make first contact..

Megwyn wraps the windstone in a few layers of cloth to muffle the sound.

Alexas shifts slightly to a more comfortable position. She exhales noisily before her posture grows rigid once more.

[Alexas]: Hmm.. I think.. I got it! Oh.. wait.. nevermind..

Alexas sighs, shaking her head.

Megwyn smirks and shakes her head, but remains silent.

Alexas cracks open an eye, peering at Megwyn.. " I'm.. curious.. how.. will I know I found the Ley-lines? What.. does it feel like? " Curiosity takes over her facial expression, her focus purely on the Ley-walker.

Megwyn frowns a bit. "It feels like... electricity traveling through your body... Numbing you the longer you hold it, even hurting you if you're not careful. It'll be an odd sensation, and I'm sure you will realize it when you've found it."

Alexas smiles weakly, nodding quickly as her eyes drift shut once more.
Alexas sits with her feet buried in the dirt. Her usually lively expression is blank as she meditates and tries to reach into the Ley. Beside her floats a plate with what remains of a tea cake!

Megwyn 's plate floats just over her lap, her eyes are closed and head facing the flames. "Did you manage to make any contact during the night?"

Alexas furrows her brow, sighing as she allows herself to resurface from the meditative state. " Sadly, no. Almost.. three days.. and nothing. " She frowns, shaking her head. " But, as you said.. it will take time. " A faint smile crosses her lips as she watches the pot of boiling intently. " Megwyn.. what was your first contact with the Ley like? " Her gaze moves to her trainer, curiosity aflame.

Megwyn right brow quirks, and her eyes slowly open but only just as the light from the flames are a strain on her eyes in the surrounding darkness. "Do you recall how it felt when you first made contact with the Twisting Nether?"

Alexas nods, a vague expression crossing her face as she loses herself in her own memories. " Of course. I.. I remember bewilderment.. a sense of amazement. Surprise and.. fear. "

Megwyn turns to face Alexas, eyes still narrowed and the flames causing shadows to dance along her face. "Aye, it was the same for me. But the Ley is something else entirely."

Alexas stares at Megwyn for a long moment before her gaze drifts over to her empty plate. Her cake is quickly replenished with a nod of her head before she turns her full attention to Megwyn, wanting to hear more.

Megwyn looks back to the flames and shrugs. "I suppose it would be different for us all... but for me it felt as through large amounts of electricity was coursing through my body, numbing me."

Alexas nods, in her eyes interest blazes like a wild-fire. " I remember.. when I first felt the Twisting Nether.. I felt.. an immense cold.. I.. I felt as if my small world had been shattered by something much larger.. "

Megwyn looks to her again. "Cold? Huh." She frowns at this. "I suppose that would make sense, however. Perhaps this cold was the Twisting Nether itself, but I cannot say."

[Alexas]: I think, it was more my inexperience.. and my predisposition to frost magic at the time.

[Megwyn]: So then you have an affinity for turning away your emotion?

Alexas tilts her head, peering at Megwyn. " What do you mean? "

[Megwyn]: Ah, well to be proficient in frost, one must learn to clear their minds of emotion. This is normally an easier feat for those who practice shadow, for a symptom of shadow use is loss of emotion. Necromancers and such retain this school for this very reason.

[Alexas]: Well, I suppose you could say that. When I first began my training, I was quite.. apt at controlling my emotions. To put it simply, I was to represent my father at all times and had to refrain.. from certain emotions in public. Such as anger, disgust, and anything else he deemed embarressing. It was a.. meager existence. It is only recently that I was able to transition out of that realm. To put it simply, I got tired of always forcing myself to be emotionless.

Megwyn frowns at these words. "And what then is your primary school now?"

[Alexas]: Currently? Arcane.

[Alexas]: As I expect it will remain. I still remember some of the spells from the realm of Frost, but they are not easily cast anymore..

Alexas chuckles softly at this, shaking her head.

Megwyn smiles at her. "Ah, the school most commonly associated with intellectuals I see. Considering your performance on our first day, I should have guessed."

Alexas rubs the back of her head, taking the compliment with modesty. A bashful smile stretches across her face as she nods. " It helps I do not keep myself locked away in Dalaran any
longer.. I think.. I have gained more knowledge here, wandering Azeroth than I ever did, locked in the great libraries of Dalaran. "

Megwyn nods once. "Quite true. Which is why field work is a requirement for graduation." She smirks and brings her cup to her lips. "You're fairly young, if I may say. How old -are- you, exactly?"

[Alexas]: Of course. I turned twenty-two, this past spring. Though, arcane corruption has seen to how I look.

Alexas chuckles lightheartedly, clearly not to worried with her age.

Megwyn quirks a brow and hides a playful grin behind the cup. "It's had little to no effect, if I may say." She finally takes a sip and brings the cup back down to its saucer.

Alexas chuckles softly, shaking her head as a cup of her own manifest in her palm. She takes a sip before answering. " Sadly, I think I see it more than most. Also, rivals are quick to notice it's effects.. " She chuckles softly, grinning at Megwyn.

Megwyn brushes the comment aside with a faint shake of her head and a bit of a scowl. "Envy is all. And once we're through, they'll have more reason for such feelings." She sighs softly and sets her tea onto the floor, her hands coming to rest gently on her lap soon afterward.

Alexas smiles faintly, trying to imagine how she will feel once her training is completed.. " It's strange. Everyone has made out Ley-walkers to be.. people who are addicted to magic to a extreme level or great, wizened forms of wizards..and you are clearly neither..Megwyn, how old are you if I might ask? " Her food and tea vanish with a wave of her hand. Her feet slide back and forth in the dirt.

Megwyn laughs softly and tucks her hair behind her ears. "Thirty seven, but there most certainly is still addiction. It's the corruption that the Ley walker becomes immune to. Even now, while we've been sharing tea and casual talk, I've been channeling the Ley."

Alexas tilts her head at Megwyn, already preparing herself for another long night of meditation. " I'm curious, why? "

[Megwyn]: Why what?

[Alexas]: Well, I mean.. does the addiction heighten when you use the Ley-lines?

Megwyn frowns and shakes her head. "No, I wouldn't say so..."

Alexas nods, pondering this as her eyes drift close. Her form grows still, her breathing slowing as she goes into an almost trance-like meditation.

Megwyn takes note of the sudden change and takes her cue to become silent now.

Alexas remains absolutely still for several long moments. After a long silence, her forehead furrows in concentration. She suddenly begins to nibble on the side of her lip. It seems like she is concentrating on something very intently all of the sudden.

Megwyn watches in silence, but makes sure to keep a close eye for signs of strain.

Alexas 's face contorts for a moment, it starts out as a frown of concentration before giving way to a pleased smile. " I think.. I found.. som-. " Suddenly her eyes snap open what seems to be sparks fly from her. She hastily shuffles backwards, kicking up a small cloud of dirt. " W-.. What was that? " Alexas looks at her arms, her eyes as big as saucer dishes. A shiver runs through her spine as she half expects her hair to be standing on end...

Megwyn laughs softly, bringing up a hand to stop the dirt from hitting her. "An interesting reaction, I must admit."

Alexas continues to shiver, looking up at Megwyn, then back at her hands. " That was.. beyond interesting.. " She shakes her head quickly, as if trying to clear it. " That.. was.. terrifying.. and amazing at the same time.. "

Megwyn nods a few times while still laughing a bit. "I told you it was something else entirely, didn't I?" She shakes her head. "But congratulations, miss Kalter. I do believe you've finally made contact."

Alexas smiles faintly at this, her hands still shaking slightly. " I haven't.. felt a sensation like that... since a shaman I once met sent a lightning bolt flying past my skull.. " She chuckles weakly. " I never thought I would want to relieve that sensation..

[Megwyn]: Ah, so it seems we had similar experiences with it.

Alexas chuckles softly, nodding. " It seems.. so. " She grins impishly.. " I... think I am going to try again. " She closes her eyes, going into a much less intense trance..

Megwyn smirks at her. "Be careful, miss."

Alexas nods once, growing still. It takes her several moments before she is shaking once more, a pleased grin stretched across her face despite the strange sensation. " That.. is nothing short of.. amazing.. "

[Megwyn]: See how long you can hold it before it becomes too much for you...

Alexas grins at Megwyn, nodding. " Alright.. " She closes her eyes, exhaling as she becomes still. It takes her the same amount of time to touch the magic and right from the start she is clenching her teeth, fighting to hold onto the volatile connection.

Megwyn speaks soothingly. "Let go when it proves to be too much for you... "

Alexas grinds her teeth, shaking as she maintains the connection. The seconds tick by when suddenly Alexas releases her grasp on the magic, her breath coming in short pants. Sweat covers her brow from the effort..

Megwyn holds up a hand and pulls out her pocket watch. "Sorry, I'm going to need you to try that again." She grins and starts laughing again.

Alexas looks at Megwyn with wide eyes. A short, cough of a laugh escapes her as she stares at her trainer. " Very... funny. "

Megwyn pockets it and shakes her head, still grinning. "But that was good, miss Kalter. How are you feeling?"

Alexas chuckles weakly, nodding. " Well enough for being electrocuted by magic for.. " She stops.. " How long did I last? "

[Megwyn]: Ah, well I may have missed a second or two, but I would have a guess at about nine to eleven seconds.

Alexas nods weakly, grinning at the Ley-walker.. " I think.. I am going to rest now.. "
Megwyn looks calmly over the flames to Alexas. "You've done well, Miss Kalter, these past few weeks." She adjusts her seating, switching her ankle position under her. "And I do believe it is time we moved to the more iconic abilities of the Ley Walker."

Alexas offers a nod of thanks as she casually pulls her blonde hair behind her ear. “I am prepared for whatever you might teach me, Megwyn.”She smiles at the Ley-walker, an eager gleam evident in her eyes.

Megwyn returns the smile and nods once as she gets to her feet, still bare and rather dirty from the crude soil beneath them. "But it is not safe to move to the next step here, so up you go, and I will take us somewhere more appropriate."

Alexas looks at her curiously before slowly rising to her feet. She begins to dust her robes off as soon as she has risen, ensuring they are clear of dirt. She quickly skirts around the fire to stand before Megwyn.

Megwyn smirks at Alexas's eagerness. "Don't forget your shoes, Miss Kalter." She laughs softly.

Alexas blinks, looking to her shoes that rest across from the fire... “Oh. Right.“ She holds out a hand, the shoes lifting into the air and floating into her grasp. She secures them under her arm before nodding at Megwyn. " Alright.. Now I am ready! "

Megwyn slides her own sandals on as well and holds out both hands for Alexas to hold. She closes her eyes and tilts her head back a bit.

Alexas blinks and slides her shoes on, dusts off her hands, then finally grasps Megwyn's outstretched hands.

Megwyn || The pair would feel an uncomfortable squeeze all around them, and Megwyn's hands tighten around Alexas's as the feeling intensifies until suddenly...

Alexas shivers, looking around.. " I.. think that will take some time to get used to. " She chuckles softly, shaking her head for a moment. " It's.. so exhilarating.. "

Megwyn had already let go and smiled as she looked around the general area. "Goldshire," she says, pointing a thumb over her shoulder. "If anything were to go wrong, we're not far at all from help."

Alexas looks at the town then back to Megwyn with a slight sense of uneasiness.. " Do.. you think we will require aid? "

[Megwyn]: It's possible... But best to be safe when dealing with these sorts of things.

Alexas nods, clearly not going to be deterred from her training. " Then.. it is a risk I am willing to take. "

Megwyn smiles warmly at her. "I know. But don't trouble your mind with such fears. You do have me here to guide you, after all. And if that wasn't an arrogant statement, I don't know what is. Now..." She slips off her sandals once again. "Arcane being your primary school, I imagine you would have no trouble at all with creating portals and blinking short distances, correct?"

Alexas smiles weakly, chuckling. " That does not make the statement any less true. If you cannot keep me safe during this training, I doubt anyone could. " She winks at her trainer before answering her question. " Yes, actually. Blinking is almost second nature to me. "

Megwyn nods once. "Good, because this is where we will be learning how to do such things with the Ley. Now, you've already made great strides in making contact with the Ley, so what we must do now is have you make a far more deeper connection to it. This connection, when strong enough, will allow you to travel through the Ley lines to nearly any destination. Do you see yet why this can be potentially dangerous?"

Alexas tilts her head, listening carefully. She nods at all the right times. " Well, yes. If I do not.. teleport correctly.. Light knows where I could end up. For all we know.. I could end up inside of a tree.. " She shivers at the thought..

[Megwyn]: True... but I was thinking of something else.

[Alexas]: ... What's that?... Are you afraid I might end up in two places at once..?

Alexas is unable to contain a shiver that runs up her spine.

Megwyn smiles warmly. "That's precisely it."

Alexas looks down, wiggling her mechanical hand with a look of apprehension. She takes a deep breath to steady herself before nodding. " Alright. I am ready. "

Megwyn nods once. "Now then, stay where you are and try to appear to me... Just a moment."She walks a fair distance away before calling out. "Notice how this is far too great a distance to blink!"

Alexas nods, eyeing the distance.. " So.. how.. do - " She shakes her head, deciding to just give it a go. She closes her eyes, preparing to teleport. In a puff, she disappears.. appearing as if she had blinked..

[Alexas]: .. Damn.

Alexas turns, stalking back to her spot. A look of determination is clear on her face.

Megwyn laughs softly. "No no, you'll need to use the Ley to get this far from there! Send your mind through them, like tunnels they are to us, and manifest yourself at my feet."

[Alexas]: Alright.. Tunnels. I can do this..

Alexas closes her eyes, taking deep breaths to steady herself. Same as before, she disappears.. but this time she doesn't reappear..

Megwyn feels her heart sink to her gut, and her eyes widen in fear as she frantically looks around calling out Alexas's name.

Alexas gasps and sputters, erupting out of the lake. She continues to cough and hack as swims her way to shore...

[Alexas]: ... That.. was unpleasant..

Megwyn clutches her heart, breathing slowly and heavily.

Alexas continues to cough as she looks up at Megwyn, sighing. " Note to self: Avoid lakes.. "

Megwyn takes some time to get a hold of herself, but chuckles once she has. "Yes, you'll need a bit more control at first... Take your time before you walk through. I don't expect you to be able to do this instantaneously for some time."

[Alexas]: I thought I did.. it at first.. then I realized I was breathing in water... quite unpleasant..

Alexas shuffles over to her spot once more, ready to try once more.

[Alexas]: ... Tunnels.. tunnels.. tunnels..

[Megwyn]: Yes, and only get out when you know you're at the right spot!

Alexas nods, her eyes squeezing shut as she taps into the Ley once more.. there is a crackle of energy about her once more.. and POOF she is gone! There is a short scream from the sky.

Megwyn looks up at the sound, looking around, though not all that frantically this time, for at least she heard her voice, which is a good thing.

Alexas sighs, sitting crossed-legged as she floats down from the sky, swearing all the way.. it seems her path is taking her.... straight into the lake once more.
[Alexas]: Oh bloody hell..

Megwyn can't help but grin and cover her face with her hands. "How on earth did you manage to get up there? That's a new one, I must say. I've never been able to get off the ground using the Ley."
[Megwyn]: This failure of yours was so grand that it defies logic.
Megwyn lets out a hearty chuckle.

Alexas sighs audiblely as she splashes down into the water. She sputters, making her way back to shore once more..

[Alexas]: I.... Don't even know. I am.. glad I had the right of mind to slow my fall, else I might have missed the lake altogether then again, and that might have been a good thing.." She looks down at her sodden robe, sighing..

[Megwyn]: Not to worry, I'd have slowed you down myself. And don't say such silly things. Back to your spot, pip pip.

Alexas sighs as she shakes out her hair, which is now rather curly.. " Alright.. A tunnel. A tunnel.. "

Alexas nods once, sighing. She goes to teleport once more and once again only crossing half the distance..

[Alexas]: ... Oh Fel take it.,

[Megwyn]: That was good, miss Kalter. You need only hold it for a bit longer...

Alexas nods, smiling weakly. " I will try. " She teleports once more to her starting spot before turning to Megwyn a smirk evident on her face. She then closes her eyes, going through the now familiar routine. With a flash, she is standing two feet in front of Megwyn. She cracks open an eye weakly, half expecting to be falling from the sky once more..

Megwyn grins, her arms crossed. "Well done, miss Kalter."

Alexas looks around cautiously before a weak laugh escapes her.. " Oh.. thank you. That.. wasn't so bad. " She grins at Megwyn, her wet hair framing her face. " One obstacle down. "

Megwyn nods once, still smirking. "Now do it again."

[Alexas]: Oh.. Alright.
Alexas takes a deep breath, her form shimmering and shifting before disappearing. She stands once more before Megwyn. " Oh.. Thank the Light. "

Megwyn bows her head with an approving smile. "Miss Kalter, I believe this will do for one day." She lifts her head. "But I leave you with an assignment... I don't want you to teleport for this, but merely learn to separate your mind from your body greater distances. Do nothing beyond that, understand?"

[Alexas]: ... So.. travel along the Ley-lines.. but do not leave it?

Megwyn nods once. "Don't let your body move from its place of rest. I don't want anything to happen should I not be there."

Alexas smiles, nodding once. " As you wish, Megwyn. I shall work on this for the time being. "

Megwyn laughs softly. "And let us hope you will learn to steer clear of lakes."

[Alexas]: And let's hope.. I learn to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground..

Alexas touches her windstone, speaking into it.

Megwyn sighs. "... but -do- try to make sure that -that- is a good distance away too, hmm?"

Alexas grins wickedly at Megwyn.

[Alexas]: Of course, Master.

Alexas]: Um. Megwyn, would it be alright if I went to Shattrath first? A.. friend of mine requires a portal.. someone I think.. you would be fascinated to meet.

Megwyn nods and waves a hand. "Yes, of course. Take your time with your studies. I know, by all the interruptions that blasted stone of yours have made, that you are quite the busy woman."

[Alexas]: You.. have no idea.. I am curious. Have you ever met one of the elven Demon Hunter?
Megwyn tilts her head to the side a bit, eyes slightly narrowing. "No... but I have read a tad on the practice..."

[Alexas]: ... Well, would you like to meet one?

Alexas smirks at Megwyn, a mischievous glint apparent in her eyes.

Megwyn crosses her arms, more to unconsciously protect herself from her own thoughts. "As curious as I may be, I have some reservations with those who deal with Fel..."

[Alexas]: If you met him, Milady. Your reservations would be dashed to the winds, if I might be so frank. He has.. a stronger dislike for fel-users and warlocks.. than anyone I have ever met. In all honestly.. his sacrifice is a most selfless one.

Megwyn nods slowly. "Mmm... yes, I did read that it is always done selflessly..."

Alexas chuckles softly. " Well, shall I erect a portal to Shattrath or would you like to?"

Megwyn frowns a bit. "I fear I have no runes with me."

Alexas chuckles softly. " Then, I shall. " She turns, pulling out a small stone.

Alexas crumbles up a stone in her palm, tossing the dust that remains into the air. The dust stabilizes, creating a film in the air. She begins to channel magic into the doorway and from the center a portal blooms to full size.

[Alexas]: .. Oh.. fel. I left my shoes..