The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Falathorei- Feedback Requested
Hey, as the title says, I'd like a bit of feedback for how I've been RPing with Fala'thorei. Demon Hunters have seen much misuse and abuse on RP servers in the past so I'd like to know what the general opinion is on how I've been doing.

All criticism will be taken as constructive, so by all means let it rip if you don't like what I've been doing :P
I am proud to have Rped with him once during an event. Coincidentally the only large scale event I've been a part of. I would like to say you RP him quite well and he seemed like a natural leader. One thing I would love to see is more Kaldorei who hate his guts for what he is and see how he reacts to such a thing. Yes, it may be a bit cynical, but it might be interesting for character development.
Wow, thanks for the speedy feedback :D

Yeah, the majority of NElves he's met seem to be approving, or at least respectful of his choice to become a Demon Hunter. What I think'd be interesting would be if there was someone Fala looked up to who hated his guts. That'd be the sort of thing that'd make him question his own motives :P
I know very little night elf or demon hunter lore. However in terms of RP mechanics...
He needs to be and act more powerful. A demon hunter should not lose a finger to a simple brigand, no matter how psychotic he is (yeah, you know what I'm referring to Fala ;p). A demon hunter should not fall so easily to simple food poisoning and chains. Now, yes. This would make things "unfair" to alot of people. But he's a -demon hunter-. This doesn't mean he has to lose his kind streak, but when you fight you should have your appointed roll bonus at all times and -kick some ass-.
I admit godmoding is hard to avoid in something like this. Should Fala win all the time? Heavens no. But when you RP him he comes across as a regular player with some fancy tattoos and wepons, perhaps able to sense what a character truly is sometimes. He just doesn't seem to be that prestigous Tier 3 Prestige.
You make your pet human sadfaise and disappoint.
If I'm totally horribly off and wrong, do tell me.
And, yes. Perhaps some more kal'dorei distrust but that's for other people to RP.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Knock Wrote:....What I think'd be interesting would be if there was someone Fala looked up to who hated his guts. That'd be the sort of thing that'd make him question his own motives :P

I doubt he would've become a Demon Hunter if it was that easy to sway his conviction, eh?
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
I like Falathorei as a character, he has his strengths and his faults. A powerful character, yet not perfect. In other words well balanced. His exchanges with Saif has always been enjoyable to me, a good example of cross-race tension. I have not come to known him deeply, yet from what I've seen he is a good example of a nicely played character.

I tip my hat to you sir.
Nah, that's fair c0rzilla :D

The thing is, I went for Demon Hunter as a prestige because it seemed like a really interesting character journey, not because of the powers Fala would get.

I guess I just forgot that that's not why Fala wanted to become a Demon Hunter. I'll try to act more... powerful in future :P

@Shane, Nah, but it'd make him question his own motives before deciding that whoever hated him wasn't worth giving a crap about.

@Jacula, Thanks, I've always enjoyed the RP between Saif and Fala. We should do more soon. And thanks :D
Gotta say I've really enjoyed seeing Fala's personality develop. The mental breakdown and fleeing to Outland was quite unexpected and fun, witnessing Fala's resolve to stay in Outland despite the attempted persuasions of Shiv and Aroes was pretty cool too.

Good to see that he doesn't sit around in bars either hehe.

I've not roleplayed much with Fala'throei icly, so! With that! I've wondered what kind of, temptations he's suffered, I mean of course he became a demon hunter to hunt demons, but you become a demon as well. Or well, something to that effect if I remember. Has he done anything you'd consider evil, or has all the slaying of demons gone to his head, you know. All the fel energies and what not.

Edit: An example I'd use is how Illidan took the skull of gul'dan for his own power, instead of simply destroying it.

Edit2: I do have a character that would hate you, that is also a night elf. If you'd want to roleplay in that sort of manner sometime. A lot of people have been accepting of him, I've noticed.
Knock Wrote:Wow, thanks for the speedy feedback :D

Yeah, the majority of NElves he's met seem to be approving, or at least respectful of his choice to become a Demon Hunter. What I think'd be interesting would be if there was someone Fala looked up to who hated his guts. That'd be the sort of thing that'd make him question his own motives :P

Ive not met Fal on bailey the felsworn yet. But she allready hates his guts. I totally want to unexpectedly run into a demon hunter. Chance of death for me of course, but still would be fun!
It's a shame I haven't been roleplaying with Falathorei. I only heard neat feedback about the character.
Well Knock, I've got one thing to say! Naw I've a few and nothing drastic or dramatic at all. :P I liked RPing with Fala while I was playing on Gwydd, was fun to see how he reacted to the entire... well calling a certain someone a treasonous traitor. So overall I give a thumbs up to the RP encounters I've had with him so far. Definitely look forward to future RP once Gwydd's prestige training is finished. :)
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
I've to say, Knock, as you obviously know that I am the second Hunter, you're very reserved, heh. You seem, through Fala'thorei, to stay indoors and away from helter skelter trouble. Not saying that you hide from RP, by any means, but that you seem a bit reluctant to throw Fala'thorei into all hell and high water. As C0r illustrated, you are apart of one of, if not the most, powerful prestiges. While this doesn't give anyone the power to be immortal, I highly doubt even a group of folks could easily best you without training. The Demon Hunter, as you well know, spends that whole time in training to epitomize killing a rogue hunter. Those without the training would need a mass of people to blot you from existence. During the attempted coup de gras of the Catacombs, you would have been taken over due to the sheer number of folks, (Had I not valiantly charged in :V) and thrashed within inches of your life.

I don't know if it's just me, but i've never, ever, been afraid to lose a character to combat. Navren included. Anyone who's gone to death combat with me, which is rare as most people don't want to gamble at high stakes, knows that I don't fear death through my characters. TL;DR: You're a wrecking ball that's only knocking over glassware. Get out there and smash some mountains, Knock! <3
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Also, I demand moar drunk Fala.
Spoiler:
[Image: Portwine.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I do suggest that more people dislike him, race-wise and because he is a Demon Hunter. More hate, he's suppose to be an outcast.

And I agree, he needs to be having a bladestorm when he goes into combat, wrecking everyone's crap up. More violence, more rage. :3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen