The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Trials of a Crusader
It was early in the morning, perhaps 600 hours? 700 hours? Something like that, it didn't matter anyway. Krilari gently made his way out of the wayfarer's rest and proceeded towards the gate of Silvermoon. Just as he was approaching the gate, a Argent squire rode up on a horse. It was a young blood elf female, perhaps just out of her 90's? She bared two letters, sealed in the usual manner for Argents. He quirked a brow and bowed his head as he took the letters.The first one he viewed was entitled to a mister Rhydial. Krilari pocketed the first letter and went on to the one entitled to himself. He gently broke the seal and observed the message.

Dear Peacekeeper Krilari Dawnsend

Your application within the Argent Crusade to undergo the Trial of the Crusader has been reviewed. It brings me joy to announce the news that your previous accomplishments both within and outside of the Crusade have not only met, but surpassed the expectations of a high-Crusader within our order. Alas that was only the first of your trials. When you see fit, venture to the Argent Crusade Tournament Grounds in the north-east reaches of Icecrown. Once there, refer this letter to the tent of the Argent forces. From there they will prepare your physical portion of the trial which will be open to the eyes of the viewing public as well as the eyes of your Argent brothers and sisters.

when attending this challenge, bring a group of four to nine other people to make a party of five to ten. They should all be prepared to fight to the breaking point of our mortal bodies.

Your sister in the light,
Velamia Sunbreeze

Krilari looked upon this letter with glee, and then up to the squire that delivered it. He waved the squire off dismissively and turned to return to the inn he came out of earlier. He ventured up the ramp past the bar and went into one of the rooms that were left open for rent. Upon the bed of this room was the recently-revived Isadorian. "A group of four to nine others...?" He looked down to Isadorian and then towards one of the walls, a small checklist began to form in his head. "Isadorian, Tharnul, Castella, Endling, Tzekel, Taeva, ....Tavren?" Krilari looked back to Isadorian, who shuffled in her rest. "Isadorian still faces resurrection sickness. Tharnul can't fight. Castella still has many of her own trials to undertake as a paladin-in-training. Endling is her own special case... Who even knows if Tzekel or Taeva would care about this? And Tavren is, well, Tavren." Krilari sighed. He took a seat next to the bed and began to run his hands through his hair in though. "]'m going to have to wait. Might be able to do it in the near future, just not now."Krilari clutched his hand as it began to fill with light. He laid the hand on Isadorian's forehead to soothe her rest before moving back downstairs.
The inn filled gently as the hours past. Krilari sat there for most of the morning, scratching words into his leather-bound journal. By about 1300 hours, short into the afternoon, Krilari finally ousted himself from the inn to practice. A few short hours there after, he returned to the bar covered in sweat and the reek of combat. After a short wash and a change of clothes, Krilari took his place at the bar once more. Shortly there after he was approached by a Blood Knight, clad in the gold red and black armor that they are so attuned to. The knight stood there for a moment with deep breaths before taking a step forward. “H-hello, sir Dawnsend.” Krilari looked over his shoulder once before turning full round in his stool. “Ah, good to see you again…” Krilari's words drifted off. “Rhydial, sir.” The knight said with a light voice. “Rydial, right. Anyway, the squire came and brought news for both of us.” Krilari waved his opened letter for a second before offering Rhydial the letter entitled to him. The blood knight eyed the letter curiously for a moment before taking it in a unsteady hand. The Tri-fold letter fell open as the seal was broken.

Dear Blood knight Rhydial,

I ,Velamia Sunbreeze, have sent this letter in reply to the application of Blood Knight Rhydial of silvermoon. It will be noted that your application has been accepted and your service will begin effective immediately. You will squire under Peacekeeper Krilari Dawnsend, who is also stationed in silvermoon currently, and accompany him to the Argent Tournament Grounds when he sees fit.
If Krilari stays in Silvermoon for over the time of one and a half months, venture out to the tournament grounds on your own, you will be given further instruction there.

Your sister in the light,
Velamia Sunbreeze.

Rhydial looked up to Krilari with his Jaw slightly ajar. Krilari quirked a brow. “…what?” The Blood Knight's child-like smile extended, biting considerably into his lower lip by the time he had read through the document. He hardly resisted a hop of cheer or fist pump of some sort. Instead, he just quietly gave a mutter of "Thank you." as he sat down and handed Krilari the letter of admission so as to read. As Dawnsend read through it, Highstride's hands would be joined on the table, his eyes fixed on the Argent while an involuntary light glow of Light could be noticed to dance about his fingers. Krilari read the letter over once or three times over, he shook his head in disbelief at every time he finished reading the letter over. As he finally accepted it, Krilari turned towards Rhydial with a slight smirk on his face. “Well, it looks like we're going to spending quite the bit of time together. I won't be going to Northrend for a few weeks at the minimum.” He sighed and turned his attention towards the bartender who was idly cleaning a wine glass. “I'll take the strongest mead you have, it looks like I'll actually be doing work now…”
As the glow of the light about his hands intensified, the Blood Knight blinked at it and slapped his hands slightly against the table, having the glow receed back into his hands. His grin still extended as he nodded at nothing in particular, hardly holding back a cheerful fidget.

"I have given the Blood Knight Core, Silvermoon Quarter, my due notice last week and have since prepared my new armor set... So, uh, my three questions, if you'd please, would be - Where could I perhaps obtain or earn a tabard from? And, uh.. What do I adress you as henceforth, Mister Dawnsend? An', of course - what are my instructions starting now?"

Rhydial blinked eagerly as the tender placed a brim-filled mug of strong mead in front of Krilari.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Krilari stuck his hand into his messenger bag and pulled out a dull-colored Argent's tabard. "Here, I go through about three a week." He rubbed his chin at the other two questions."Just call me Krilari, I'm not much for formalities. And for orders, hold your ground in Silvermoon. I'll have plans for you in a few days."

Latter that week...

He rapped his finger on the bar table. His head was help in the palm of the other hand which was also resting up on the bar. He grumbled as multiple thoughts crosses through his mind. Eventually he sighed and pulled out a pen and stack of papers from the portable hole that he called a messenger bag.

"Lets see..." He tapped his chin a few times with a tip of his pen. He began to rattle off names. "Terant, Tzekel, Taeva, Versich, Endling, Highstride, myself, Sir Tharnul's friend... What was her name again?" He let out a frustrated sigh before continuing on. "The Tauren, blackbrute was it? And then of course my dearest sister castella."

He took the stack of papers and began to write a set of identical letters, the only thing varying was the name of to who the letter was addressed. One letter for ever member of the troop, and then two extras letters. For Tharnul and Isadorian.

To <Insert name here>

Good evening. I write those message out to everyone that will soon accompany myself, Krilari Dawnsend, to Northrend. Our entire troops is prepared and we will travel to the grounds via direct portal. Before we leave we will meet at the wayfarer's rest for organizational sakes. Once we arrive at the tournament grounds, you all will have acess to the sunreaver and common grounds of the tournament, I myself will be reporting in for the challenge.

We leave silvermoon wensday evening. Be prepared.

Your brother in the light,
Krilari Dawnsend

As he finished his letter he nodded approvingly and began to make his way for the nearby mailbox. When he opened the box he noticed a letter detailed to himself. He opened it with a quirked brow and soon after, a face palm.

".....dammit Endling."
The coliseum was packed to the brim with spectators from all the major races of Azeroth. From Blood Elves to Dwarves, there were men and women that cheered and cheered until their throats forced them to keep quiet. The sky high above the arena joined in the cheer as well, rolling with thunder and clashes of lightning. The usual freezing wind passed by the group as they took their strides to the arena floor. The first thing they noticed was a large bone colossus standing before them. At a near instant they all cringed in fear, yet noticed that the colossus would not budge. Before the giant bone construct was Eadric the Pure, Grand Champion of the Argent Crusade. His two hands were grasped tight, one full of light, the other held his hammer, ready to strike should the need arise.

Up at the herald's section, a tall blood elven woman stood up from her perch and peered about. She took one glance to the sky before speaking. “Welcome, one and all to the Argent Tournament! We are gathered here to bear witness to Krilari Dawnsend's Trial of the Crusader. Along side with him, he and his friends will battle against some of Northrend's most vicious enemies in hopes to obtain the prestigious title of ‘Crusader'.” She looked down to the team. “Dawnsend, you appear to be lacking men, is something wrong?” She asked inquisitively.

Krilari glanced up, his face somewhat disheartened. “Four of my men had fallen ill recently and could not attend. If I may ask upon the crowd for three able-bodied volunteers, at least?”

Velamia looked over her shoulder to Duncan, who was standing nearby, and then over the crowd. She could already see three night elves nearly jump out of their seats at the possible entry. One so much that he actually did jump out and land with a ‘thud' in the arena. Velamia cringed for him and then looked to the two other elves. “I will allow it, but three at the most.” The two night elves still in the stands vaulted over the railing with far more grace than the first. Once the first dusted himself off, all three took their places amongst Krilari's team, which now composed of: Krilari and Castella, Versich and Endling, Taeva and Tzekel, as well as the three new additions Falore the Death Knight, Seleze the Huntress, and Wode the rogue.

“The first of our challenges stands before you, the Deathbound Ward, which is a colossus of the scourge war machine. Eadric, release the ward!”

Eadric did as said and lowered his hands quickly. The light faded from his hands and he quickly made way for the gate, which he found no issue vaulting over instead of waiting for it to open. The ward stirred from it's forced slumber, letting out a dull roar that overcame the cheering of the crowd. No one wasted a second. The first to strike was Castella, who hurled a bolt of pure light for the colossus that ended up striking true to the ward's ribcage. The trial began with the ward's howl of pain and for a short time, neither side could get much of a clear advantage. The night elves had managed to jam a spear in one of the joints, but it was quickly removed as the elves were batted off with it. Taeva, who had positioned herself behind the Ward, was still unable to do much against the monstrous bones. In a fit of frustration, Tzekel blindly charged the monster's right leg. The charge struck hard and true at the cost of Tzekel getting his horns stuck in the bone. The Ward howled once more and attempted to collapse onto his right knee, crushing anyone near it. Luckily everyone, aside from Tzekel who was still stuck, vacated the area. Yet before the colossus fell, Tzekel ripped his horns from the splintered bone and managed to ravage the joint with such ferocity that the bone detached from the ward. Soon after it fell over onto it's right, it's other leg shattering as it hit the floor.

“Well done, champions! Yet there are two more challenges and you only have a moment's rest before your next challenge descends!”

All of the combatants glanced at each other, each taking notice that none of them really got hurt in the process. They shared smiles and laugher for a few minutes. Those that wanted to, took their trophy from the fallen foe. As apparently the nature of the challenges of Northrend, another roar filled the skies as a large, blue proto-drake descended onto the remains of the colossus, crushing the bones under it's weight. Immediately it snapped it's mouth for Krilari. Luckily Endling had cast a shield over him that both absorbed the blow and deflected the attack. This battle, at the beginning, appeared much more one-sided. The Drake batted two of the elves away with ease within the first two minutes. At one point Tzekel did manage to mount the dragon, using the harness that was still on it's back. Alas, right after the dragon took to the skies and shook Tzekel off. He hit a draenei in the stands and jumped back into the arena, aided by a levitation spell given by Endling. Taeva, in a fit of rage from seeing her mate brushed off, threw one of her heavy axes which cut straight through the webbing of the dragon's wing. It let out a shrill of pain as it descended upon the bones once more, thus beginning it's downfall. Falore hurled a spear, arching straight into where the dragon's neck and spine connected. It flew up for a short time once more only for,Wode's knives to tear off chunks of the dragon's wing, a blessed arrow from Seleze, light spells from Castella and Krilari that both caused the injured wing to become practically useless. Before the dragon's fall it let out a ball of frostfire that failed to hit anything. As it landed, barely, Versich shot two bullets into it's head. As it reared around, Tzekel grabbed it's lower jaw and pulled until the jaw snapped clean off. Safe to say, the dragon was dead.

“Impressive, but there is still one more challenge to face, and it may prove to be the hardest. Take a two minute rest while the challenge is prepared.”

Once again, people peered at the others, this time they found that a good amount of them had taken on wounds. The time was well-spent with healing and the collecting of trophies from the fallen Proto-drake. Suddenly the creak of the coliseum doors was heard as they were pulled open and behind them was a large nerubian. It's body was covered in ragged clothes and as it stepped into the arena, they soon realized that the nerubian was nearly twice the size of Tzekel, which is saying a lot really.
“Champions, you face the Anub'ar Grand necromancer! Begin!”

The necromancer swiftly took notice of the two readily available corpses in the center of the arena and began to cast it's shadowy magic into them. Shouts came from nearly every member of the team. “Interrupt the spell!”. Castella broke into prayer, whither it was to interrupt the spell or her praying for her life to spared, no one knows. The others took a more physical approach. Krilari sliced his blade along the necromancer's front legs. He was joined by Taeva who chopped one of the front legs straight off. Wode slid under the beast in an attempt to cut up it's underbelly, only to misjudge and end up sliding into the coliseum door. The spell was swiftly interrupted, but the necromancer had more in it's spellbook. At a moment's notice it unleashed two volleys of shadowbolts, while some managed to dodge the bolts. Versich, Endling, Tezkel and a few helpless crowd members were struck by the volley of bolts. Tzekel, still in a rage from the bone colossus and only growing more aggravated, clawed the Necromancer's left arm clean off. He took his mate by the scruff of her neck and grunted something in trollish. “Chop off it's head while I distract it!” He tossed Tavea straight for the necromancer's head while he ran up and began to claw at it's underbelly. Taeva lopped the necromancer's head straight off with a swing of both of her axes.

Velamia looked over her shoulder with wide eyes. “…Hey Duncan, the Argents could always use more trolls.”

His only response was to take his gryphon by the reins and to fly down to the center of the arena, amidst the champions. Krilari swiftly took a knee in front of Duncan, laying his blade down in front of him. The others soon made a crowd to the side of the arena, leaving only cold air between Krilari and Duncan.

“Congratulations, one and all in your victory. Now, this is no official part of the trial, but I challenge you to a duel, Crusader Dawnsend.” The grey-haired human gave a slight grin as he unsheathed his runeblade, waiting for an answer. “It would be an honor, sir.” Krilari quickly rose and took his own sword. Duncan opened a tome to his side that glowed slightly. He closed it nearly as quickly as he opened it and swiped his rune blade. A streak of light came from the swipe and remained in the air for a moment before moving for Krilari, who struck his blade up to literally cut the attack in half. While he managed that to a small degree, the light clipped his shoulder, but Krilari paid no heed to it. He charged Duncan, attempting to close the gap in between them. Duncan drew his blade with the intent to meet Krilari's. Their blades locked and sparks flew. They remained locked for a moment before a surge of light came from Duncan's blade that knocked Krilari back as well as tearing his blade from his grip. “Heh, that caught me off guard…” As Duncan slowly approached Krilari jumped to his feet in attempt to tackle him to the ground. The aged human did not fall, but gave up the grip on his runeblade in order to brace himself. After the initial charge, Duncan grabbed Krilari's tabard and light began to charge in his hand. Krilari looked to the hand like a deer looks to an on-coming train. The spell discharged and Krilari was sent sailing towards his team which was standing a good twenty feet back. “..Ohkay, that hurt… A lot.” Duncan approached in his usual slow manner and offered Krilari a hand. “Lets not make this into a fist fight.”
A few weeks ago...

The sky was a scarlet red as the sun set along the mountain borders of the Plague Lands, below it was a small camp of Argents whom were still wailing in pain from the onslaught of scourge. Surrounding their camps were numerous piles of scourge cannon fodder; ghouls, gargoyles, banshee wrappings. In his limited free time, Krilari sat under the shade of a pavillion within the camp, jotting hastily into a rather new looking book.

Spoiler:
Well…

This sucks.

The magi of The Argent Crusade are clever little bastards aren't they? I takes two steps into the local Argent office in silvermoon and I end up walking right into a portal.

To where you might ask?

Fucking Plaguelands, where exactly? No damn clue.

We're in a forward camp, pressing against the remaining scourge in this hell hole. Yet from how the men are looking it's more as the scourge are pushing us. Ever since I got here it's been nothing but hell..

The current kill count has us at three wounded, two dead…

Both married.

I've written a few death notices before in the past. Humans, elves, tauren, orcs, gnomes, whatever the race nothing hurts more when I'm writing to a family with a wife and kids. –Fucking- -Children-.

This isn't just a man's war. It's the entire family's war. Women, children, husbands, cousins, parents, it drives then entire damn family apart! The growing generation is at such a handicap with children growing without their parents.

What is going to hurt others more?
Being alive, or being dead?
There are few truth about the lives we live but be damn sure that two are that war sucks and death sucks more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Celia's Shadeweaver Trials MstrCorvus 0 565 11-14-2013, 03:34 AM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Tyrin's Shadeweaver Trials Kage 0 578 11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Zazz's Shadeweaver Trials Valicor 1 673 11-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Valicor
  Kaanai's Shadeweaver Trials Morhana 2 1,146 11-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Morhana