The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rat Race Event Sign-up!
((based on the movie, Rat Race))

Somehow you have gotten your hands on a mysterious map. While it's hard to tell what kind of map it is, at a first glance you notice a big red X, and figure it's for some treasure! Further study shows that it leads to Winterspring, and upon speculation you assume there's something there.

You assemble a group to come with you, or you choose to go alone. Either way you are out to pursue the big fortune...

And soon you find you aren't the only one with their eyes on the prize.

Rules:
* For simplicity's sake, this event is going to be organized based on teams. Each time will have their leader, that chooses the course of travel for their group, and roleplays it out. The signup will consist of the team leaders only.
* This is not restricted to a certain kind of character. You can be a pirate, a sailor, or even just a traveler. It is also not restricted to Horde or Alliance; it is neutral.
* Refrain from killing other players in this event. I already saw someone expressing interest in the idea of getting certain people away from guards. I don't want people taken out of the event and missing the rp because of player death.
* Sabotage is allowed so long as it doesn't go on the verge of meta-gaming or power-gaming.
* There will be checkpoints placed in the event. You are not allowed to travel past a checkpoint until you're given permission by the event runner. This is mostly for the purposes of tracking and pacing what happens. As an example, is I say you can't travel past Ratchet, then you can rp travel however you choose but you can't go past that given destination.
* Have fun and be respectful to the others in the event.

Leaders:
Skipper
Tavren
Flan
Aroes will be there ^^

Will he be a group leader? c: I would like to know the leaders.
Tavren will be a group leader in the name of Great Lulz.
When does the event start?
Right, well starting times are always complex. I'd choose a time soon but I don't want to overlap with the people's blade, so perhaps Tuesday.
Alright! I decided on a time for the first event. Teams can start their travel rp until they hit the first destination, Felwood, then we'll have the first event on Tuesday at 6:00 P.M. EST (3 PM server time).

Remember: other teams can fight and sabotage one another but do not try and eliminate any specific characters from the event itself, and try to keep it fun.
Flan will lead a group.
Do you need more leaders? if so, Lendri can be a leader aswell. if not, she'll attend anyways if not Tiki
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn
We don't need a lot of leaders, but if you want to make your own group then you're free to lead!
Fanbom will be making an appearance.

Bwahaha.
I haven't been getting much feedback and while I've been leaving constant reminders I haven't seen anyone racing.

I think this event needs more planning. I also think there needs to be a way to make others know about it more.

For now I am going to withdraw this event and make it a personal story line for me and my group. The concept itself, however, of a race to the prize is definitely one to keep. It's also one that I, admittedly, would not want to run alone.

I hope everyone understands!
I'm confused. The whole event seems to've started, ended, and reformed without me noticing anything.

...Is this how people waking from decades-long coma feel?
More like the event never happened to begin with. I think people misunderstood it, because the people racing were supposed to cross paths at this check point, but no one ever came, and very few had even answered.

In all as mentioned it's more poor planning on my part, and I think I will try a do-over in the future.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TLE Festival 2014 Impromptu Play Sign-ups and Planning! Geoni 19 6,827 03-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla