The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Booty Bay Roleplayers, READ THIS.
Read it, and for the love of God, PLEASE don't forget it, because it's incredibly tiring having to deal with this EVERYDAY.

Everyday? Yes. I'm not lying. I'm going to bring up 3 points that I just want people to keep in mind 'fore I start punting puppies or something.

You may have noticed that next to The Baron (the ruler of Booty Bay), I have spawned... five Ogres. But people keep ignoring them and just start pissing around next to him. There's a reason I spawned so many, and quite frankly, I don't want to spawn anymore. The Baron isn't going to want drunk people or anyone else standing next to him having idle chit chat and being annoying. It'd be like to barging into a supermarket manager's office, eating and drinking whilst in his presence and generally being a pest. The guy is the boss. You don't want to piss off the boss. And the fact that people think they can just waltz through 5 Ogres and balance on that long wooden pole just boggles me. So please, just stay away from the Baron. If you're seen there, you'll just be summoned away from him.

And now for point two. Drawing weapons or for simply put: Fighting. I know what you're thinking. It's a pirate port, so naturally bar fights and homocide would be allowed, right?

Wrong!

Goblins won't allow this sort of crap. Why? Well, think about it. If you're a Goblin who wants nothing more than to make quick money, you want plenty of customers. What customer in their right mind would stay inside a town where there's corpses everywhere, and you have a rather big risk of dying. I know I wouldn't! There's even an arena only a minute from the Bay, yet people are just intent on breaking rules and ripping people's heads off. Not every pimp, business owner, slaver, or any sort of businessmen are hardasses who can put a cap in yo ass, homie. Not everyone in the Warcraft universe is fearless. You're going to get your cowardly men, and guess what? Some of those cowards may actually have a lot of money to spend.

And finally, point three, the "I did it whilst no Bruisers were around" argument. Bruisers... are goddamn everywhere. There is not a single place where there is not a Bruiser, except maybe in houses, but seriously. If you're about to shoot someone, don't think you're not going to be seen. You will be. And if you're caught killing someone? You're banned from Booty Bay and flagged for Kill on Sight. If you start a fight, you're probably given a warning and told to do it elsewhere.

Please, keep in mind the above. Now, note that I wouldn't make a post like this if it's simply been getting ridiculous. It really is, just consider your character's actions. If you're aware you'll be shot? Then feel free as long as a GM wants to RP the consequences. What's grinding my gears is that I'm telling players to stop this and then they just b***h about it.

And I'm also locking the topic so we don't have players ranting about how roleplay needs to shift from Booty Bay to other places. On that note actually, I'd like to request people stop ordering people to leave GMI. Let them have their OOC fun time, geeze.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morals: Why is Booty Bay full of them? Cressy 23 3,891 09-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Looking for dedicated roleplayers. Azheron 0 506 03-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Azheron
  [~Read Me~] Cressy 21 3,472 02-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Terant
  If you ever wondered what's in the statue in Booty Bay. . . Roxas65 6 1,533 12-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Binkleheimer
  Words you should never say in Booty Bay Wuvvums 22 2,639 12-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Ted