The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Importing drugs: The dirty business!
I was wondering if it would be allowed making a drug shop in Booty Bay. Since it gives many profits the goblins wouldn't mind I guess.

My general idea is, drugs, nobody wants to do them really because it doesn't give anything good. Well that's why I wanted to introduce my self made drug: Sciluff! (My characters backname Scila and snuff combined.)

Positive effects: Feeling overconfidient, + 5 attack rolls (Stays for one hour)
Negative effects: Addiction! -10 attack rolls when the positive effect is worked out. (Stays for 24 hours)

The addiction works out in 3 stages:
-1ste stage: 2-5 hours: Feeling nothing but feeling a little urge to use more.
-second stage: 5-20 hours: Feeling cold, hands shaking, stuttering.
-third stage: 20-24 hours: Second stage feels heavier. You will also get more aggresive to get more Scilaff. (Tie the junkie to a bed is recommended for this cold turkey)

The vendors can be recognized by the tabards the Scallywag Cartel wears. I think this is a better way to introduce drugs into Booty Bay since people would find a use to it now.

Feel free to share any suggestions on this one.
Most awesome signature of Cap'n Scila! Check check check!

Spoiler:
[Image: f7247.png]
Eh, it would be abused sadly, in a case where any character going into a duel could just use this as a one off raguardless if their character was the type or not
People dont wanna do them cause the world is full of goody goodies, but heck, I can count a few of mine who would ^^
How about a preparation time before taking the drug? Then they can not always quikly use it before going into combat.

Maybe also make it illegal, so you can't buy it in large quantities.

Spoiler:
Eh, I like the idea of a drug trade, but as a general rule of thumb its best to avoid anything that would give you some kind of advantage over another player during roll combat. If a farmer goes up against a fully trained and armour warrior, he isnt gonna have an advantage cause he popped some wonderdrug before the duel.

Perhaps there can be IC effects, like the character becomes more paranoid for a while, or is just plain happier for a while, or turns a brilliant shade of blue for a while ;P
Quote:Perhaps there can be IC effects, like the character becomes more paranoid for a while, or is just plain happier for a while, or turns a brilliant shade of blue for a while ;P

Yes, I thought over that, but then the drug wouldn't sell really. Tried that before. And I don't think +5 to your rolls is "that" big advantage, while the drawbacks are much heavier. Also, I intend to strictly inform OOC players not to over-use it. :D

Spoiler:
Just thinking the Gm's won't allow it. Cause it would likely encourage more OOC roll effecting items like. "So im using the Sciluff, and an epic sword of sparklyness, therefore I get 2 +5 Bonuses"
The more it goes down that path, the more we would just be playing a slower version of PVP, rather than realistic RP combat.
And plus, if your selling in booty bay, you could make the occasional sale, but people wont buy it more for ooc reasons. And people not buying it and not approving are often just as fun rp as the ones that would buy it. :)
I see your right, I understand now. I don't want people to buy it for OOC reasons. I just wanted to boost the bad alignment RP. Guess I took it the wrong direction. :p

Spoiler:
Forget about this roll thing. RP and /roll are different things.

Make drugs for the RP of making and selling and using them, not for /roll bonuses.
I agree with boosting bad alignment Rp, but sadly, Bad alignment Rp is hard, as the good population is already big. So if you make a bad character, not only are you vastly outnumbered, but you are also left in a position where the majority of character's will not roleplay with your evil self unless your actually doing something evil to them. xD
This sounds like a good idea, but I think people would abuse it somehow, as in ignoring the side-effects, etc.
Yeah...this has the potential to be a good idea. I think though that people are going to abuse it. Which is rather unfortunate if you ask me. If you're looking to Rp With evil people, you're better off to just make a warlock or evil mage and RP in Duskwood.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Miah Wrote:I agree with boosting bad alignment Rp, but sadly, Bad alignment Rp is hard, as the good population is already big. So if you make a bad character, not only are you vastly outnumbered, but you are also left in a position where the majority of character's will not roleplay with your evil self unless your actually doing something evil to them. xD

Drugs are bad, mmmkay.

And I agree, as soon as someone has some momentum in the "evil" rp there's a mob of good guys to stalk and hunt them down. It's ridiculous.
THEN WE NEED TO OVERWHELM THEM WITH EBILZ!
Danalthar Wrote:THEN WE NEED TO OVERWHELM THEM WITH EBILZ!

Agree :D

Spoiler:
^ Danalthar speaks teh trufax.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]