The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Humble Beginnings
Awhile back.

I did this one thing with a group of randomly interested role-players that lead up to some of the greatest and MEANINGFUL role-play I have ever had.

And now, I want to share this all with you guys, in hopes that maybe one day you too will enjoy the feeling that I had.

Dubbed "Humble Beginnings", this little role-play idea involved the creation of new characters. Blank pages. Just like any regular ol' new character that is created daily on CoTH.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But.

Remember that part I said about "group of randomly interested role-players"?

That is where you ladies and gents come along. This gathering of 4-6 players (I try to keep it small so that things will not get too confusing too fast) will begin as the lowliest of the lowly whatever race/faction/organization they hail from.

By doing so, we would assure that there is ROOM for these NEW CHARACTERS to PROGRESS and GROW in to something completely random and/or planned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good example would be the first time I tried this "role-play idea" out.
( I also apologize for forgetting the names of my participants. )

There was 5 (including myself) of us.

We all agreed on a race, Humans.

We all created our characters and quickly got to know each other via introduction RP.

I was the tired ol' blacksmith that wanted to do a little more than stay confined in his humble little smithy. I had my character venture out and recruited more of the villagers (the other players) and we quickly developed (randomly thought up) our roles in the process of the introductions.

The first was a woman, a tailor and a nurse. She was a daring young lass who felt the same way about her life.

The second was a young lad, a hunter who wanted to journey across the world and seek out greater beasts to trophy-tize.

The third was another woman who wanted to become a stronger fighter so that she may prove to the local men that women are just as valuable in combat as any other.

The fourth was an elderly man who wanted to spend the remainder of his days seeing things he did not when he was a younger lad who wasted away his life in his studies of the arcane.

These were all quickly THOUGHT UP on the spot, no one had any idea what we were getting in to.

Our empty pages, were quickly filled up with on-the-moment thought up background stories.

We were careful to remain as "villagers" and left Northshire Abbey as a rag-tag group of adventurers.

In the process we obtained a sword for our female "warrior".

A magical fireball-flinging wand for our "wizard".

And then our "hunter" befriended a wolf that attacked us.

Half with the help of in-game mechanics and half with the help of EVERYONE's imagination.

We then eventually did the same ol' thing with Orcs the next time.

Same results!

This is a great way to CREATE A CHARACTER as well.

As you would be "writing" HALF OF the background history in-game.

Playing it.

Living it.

This is something that I would like a few players doing if they are fresh out of ideas or would like to begin anew, but with inspiration to make them write hollow backstories that never ever actually happened.

May your RPs yield wonderful memories, CoTHians.

This is Kainue, signing out.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
Aphe want do!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Aphetoros Wrote:Aphe want do!

I'm happy someone is interested!

I will have to do this again with a new group of people as soon as possible.

But don't wait on me to start these groups up!

Get out there and do your own thing, CoTHians!

I just hope you will have as much fun as I did.
Let's do it again. :B
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Cressy Wrote:Let's do it again. :B

Ah yes, I remember Cressy as the "medic/healer/priest aspirant/nurse".
I'll do it, who else wants to?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I could try this.
I would definitly aply, I always wanted to roll a blank page character, a farmer perhaps.
Definitely a good way to get a character going. I'd certainly be up for something like this.
I'd love this. I'd totally make a florist. How less epic can you get than that?
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Am I to late to join in?
I'd gladly make a char for this :D

This certainly sounds interesting!

I would love to join, but I won't mind if someone else takes my place. B:
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I'm up for it.
Every day, I feel more a part of this community. And soon, as I merge with the local populace, I can begin the conversion. One at a time. One of us.

My egg died... Here is its corpse, may it rest in pieces.

[Image: d3cp.gif]
I could totally go for this. Totenkoffally.