The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Interesting Times
“Another disappearance?”

The guard nodded to Marshal Dughan. “Yes sir. On the way to the Eastbrook Garrison. We found signs of a struggle: disturbed earth, blood on the ground, discarded possessions…”

Marshal Dughan rubbed his eyes. “Again?”

“Sir, with all due respect, this has been going on long enough that it shouldn't be surprising.”

“So I shouldn't care, then.”

“...No, sir. That's not what I meant.”

The marshal looked out over the relatively quiet Goldshire. It was early enough in the morning that none of the merchants had set up shop. Even the guards were minimal at this time of day. Dughan looked back at the weary-looking guard. “I know it's a trend. We're stretched as it is, we can't cover every possible place there could be an attack.”

“You still think it's gnolls?”

“They're our most likely suspect.” Dughan bit his lower lip for a moment. “Find some competent men and women to assist us. Tell the other guards to do the same.”

“Like the group we gathered a week ago?”

“Yes, exactly like that. Dismissed.” The guard saluted to Dughan and went on his way.

--

[Image: InterestingTimestransparency.png]

Named in homage to a D&D campaign my friend runs.

Interesting Times is an Alliance-oriented ongoing storyline, continuing from a mini-event which was run several weeks ago. The storyline will consist of several episodes, and the story will progress over the course of these. The event is open to all, whether you have participated in previous events or not. It will be difficult for a Horde character to join the event, due to the locations and the animosity between the Alliance and Horde, but if you can come up with a compelling reason for your character to join, I may be able to work you in.

In these events, the standard /roll 100 system will be used, with a couple of modifications. Individual characters will get certain bonuses (or penalties) depending on their level of skill, disabilities, or other outside factors. During the event, lateral thinking on the part of the players will be rewarded with additional bonuses to rolls. The event won't be purely combat-oriented; there will be non-combat encounters, and there will be encounters where simply charging into the enemies won't work! As stated earlier, creativity will be rewarded. It should also be noted that I'm willing to be flexible, and this is not necessarily all set in stone.

The first of these next events is planned for next Sunday (the 12th) at 3:00 PM, server time, starting in Goldshire. We'll probably have a short period before the event starts where we sort out what little needs to be done for everyone's characters. After the event is done, I will post in this thread saying when the next event will be.

I hope to see some of you there!

EDIT: Please post in this thread with your character of choice if you're interested, so that I have a rough idea of how many people are going to show up! If more people show up on the day of than planned, that's okay too.
Oh! Scout is hosting an event!? I will totally be there! On Alexas... or Aliana..
Dan will be there.
Him and all his innuendos.
Mh'm.. This might be the thing Jaide has been waiting on, adventure in a place she knows well.

Not sure if I will attend, but if I do, it will be her for sure.
Jean.

:D
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Halex will be there :D

Lladimore!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Maybe Tennas!? :3
Verim, will come, if I can ;)
Is that 3:00 PM PST? I might be able to bring Antia along.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
Since your party probably needs a Dwarf.

Mordeka will be there.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Syzygy would fit perfectly with this event, methinks! Since she loves Stormwind and all. *nodnod* So I'll be there. : )
Thorgar or Vladan, one of them will be there.
[Image: OGeD.gif]
Don't let him die :(
I am thinking, I will be a brand new sparkly character for this one.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Hmm... Gnolls? So we're raiding Hogger?
Hurrhurrhurr. Might bring one of my puny hummies.
Spoiler'd because of lag. *-*
Spoiler:
[Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif]

Zenzil <Brainwashed Troll Nub> "Ey dere. Can I 'ave ya arm?" *
Hal Howells <Emo Scarlet Palanub> "Y-y-you are-e b-better t-than me, a-and yo-ou k-k-know it." *