The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Mimiron's Anchorage
Mimiron's Anchorage

-The Anchorage-

Mimiron's Anchorage is a project conceived by the Council of Gears (CoG), a neutral guild formerly operated out of the trade hub of Steamwheedle Port in Tanaris. The Anchorage was envisioned due to restrictions of land and laboratory usage (Compounded onto the fact that there -was- no laboratory), as well as the high tax rate on cartel goods.

The Anchorage was at first envisioned as a addition onto a lone island in the South Seas, as a boardwalk set of crew lodgings and engineering bays. The Anchorage, dubbed Project CoG, began at first as only a ring encompassing the main island, with a small dock for the company ship to transport lumber and other materials into the facility. The harbor grew steadily, funded off of exports from the lab and contracting for war supplies from both Alliance and Horde, as well as some neutral contractors.

Project CoG had expanded itself into a sizable facility when issues began to arise. Unforeseen troubles arose as the main island the harbor was based on began to slowly recede into the sea. While the facility had been intended to stand alone by now without the island, supports were untested, and began to fail.

The entirety of the harbor was swallowed into the sea in the middle of the night. Most of the crew was able to escape, save the majority of the biochemistry division and it's head, which was too far from the docks to escape the rapid sinking in time. The surviving crew was able to make its way to a further pair of islands amidst the storm, casting anchor there for safety from the storm.

The Council was set back considerably both in moral and resources by the loss of the initial harbor. Months later, though, Project CoG began anew on the two islands where the Council and crew had taken refuge. The new facility was designed with self support in mind, centering off of a oil rig constructed for the use of the harbor's power. The new project was later named Mimiron's Anchorage, as it grew to be a public port, taking in imports from all factions and renewing it's contracting work.

-The Guards-

There are a few guard units patrolling the island;

-Anchorage Battle-Diver-
The Anchorage Battle-Divers are specialty forces trained for both combat and the use of advanced machinery. They carry a pulse baton (A club with a electrified tip), a pistol, and a force-reflective shield to use on those breaking the law within the harbor. They also make frequent use of spears and net-guns, and can emerge en-mass on high-alert targets.

They enjoy Binary Brew and long walks on the ocean floor.

-Anchorage Hardsuit-
The Hardsuits are the first and last defense when the Anchorage encounters trouble. Hardsuits are the official soldiers of the harbor, and wield a force-reflective shield and a bonechopper against their foes. They are highly trained in combat, and despite their small stature boast extreme durability against even a Tauren's blows. Hardsuits patrol the city and arrive en-mass on high-alert regions, carried in the Amphibious Transports.

They enjoy lounging in the cantina and beating down creatures three times their size.

-CoG Agent-
The CoG Agents are Council of Gear operatives, largely found keeping watch over the Control Tower on the central oil rig. They are skilled in espionage and political enemy 'silencing'.

They enjoy watching -you-.

CoG is watching.

-Amphibious Transport-
The numerous amphibious tanks seen driving about the bay are the soldier transports for the Anchorage Hardsuits and other civilian passengers. They are highly armored in case of shark attacks.

-Anchorage Fan-

The Anchorage Security Surveillance Fan is nothing more than a Fan.

Really.

CoG is watching.

-Anchorage Law-

The laws in the Anchorage are quite straight forward.

-Violence is not sanctioned within the harbor. Violent actions will result in either detainment or extraction from the harbor.

-Any theft will result in repayment with interest and a variable term away from the harbor.

-Murder will result in permanent extraction from the harbor or termination.

-Attempts to compromise harbor security will result in disciplinary action ranging from detainment to termination.

-Slavery and other 'illegal' activities ordained by the Steamwheedle Cartel must take place aboard a vessel, and not in the Anchorage. You may bring slaves into the Anchorage, but do not sell them here.

-No Doomguards or Felguards. (Pretty much only Imps, Voidwalkers, Felhunters and Succubi)

Regarding the houses in the Anchorage, yes, people can live in them. Simply be respectful it another is currently using the home and choose another, though.
Prancingstar Nightfairy Wrote:No Doomguards

SON OF A MOTHERLESS OGRE, PRANCINGSTAR.
It should have an arena. :B
It needs an arena.

But this arena needs to be like the battledome. Sawblades jutting out of the walls. Acid pits. Wind tunnels. ETC, ETC.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
No.
We don't need an arena or a battledome.

We need... THE LIGHTNINGDOME.
But how can it operate out of Steamwheedle if pirates blockade the port? :?
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Jeff Wrote:But how can it operate out of Steamwheedle if pirates blockade the port? :?

They don't work out of Steamwheedle port now. They're now on a rather remote set of islands.

And pirates may or may not still be something of a concern. :D
Is there already a portal to this Anchorage? And, is everyone allowed there, just like BB? :D
GeneralDefyre Wrote:Is there already a portal to this Anchorage? And, is everyone allowed there, just like BB? :D
Yes, there's a portal and it's open to everyone. It's currently accessible through the OOC Portal blob-thing.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
This place makes me happy. Needs more tinker/engineer RPers.
˜★Sketch Blog
hiddengecko Wrote:
GeneralDefyre Wrote:Is there already a portal to this Anchorage? And, is everyone allowed there, just like BB? :D
Yes, there's a portal and it's open to everyone. It's currently accessible through the OOC Portal blob-thing.
OK Thanks!
TwilightDisciple Wrote:This place makes me happy. Needs more tinker/engineer RPers.
:D I'll try to get around to making my little Dwarven Warrior an engineer!
Binkleheimer Wrote:No.
We don't need an arena or a battledome.

We need... THE LIGHTNINGDOME.

Two sentient humanoid organisms enter, one sentient humanoid organism leaves!!!
"The 'Red Death' had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal --the redness and the horror of blood. ~And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all. " - Edgar Allan Poe
From now on, I will don this town Rigleytown. I think it's a sweet concept and although I think the layout is a bit too spacey, I'm so gonna roll a paranoid Gnome egnineer. They are watching me!
I wuv this town. Sebastien is moving there. I only have one bit of criticism though, the fountain looks out of place.
Booty Bay... is overthrew!
[Image: OGeD.gif]
Don't let him die :(