The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Darkest Deadwind
A Note From The Coder:
Spoiler:
[This is intended as the kick-off event for Aphetoros' group the Circle of Nebis. The event will focus heavily on kidnapping, survival, intrigue and D&D-style combat. It was made in the hopes to encourage more character building through conflict, a hallmark of CotH and WoW as a whole. ]

THE SHADOW PLANE

[Image: Bone_wraith.png]

Consider the Realm of Shadow as the alternative dimension of Azeroth. In the physical sense, it is a complete copy of the world we know and love; the Shadow Plane has the same continents, same regions, same mountains and same caverns. Yet all signs of life that are present in Azeroth are vacant in the Realm of Shadow. Trees are dead and withered in this dimension, and towns that are vibrant and thriving in Azeroth are decaying ruins. Humans are malevolent shades and animals are vicious undead monsters. Some people believe that the Shadow Plane itself is the land where sinful mortals go when they die.

For some it is heaven.

It is the place where Death Knights go to train their horse and is the basis for their teleportation magic. It is where Shadow Priests and Warlocks draw energy for their Shadow School. Death Magic has its source here.

All that makes Azeroth beautiful and vibrant is dead in the Realm of Shadow. Magic that is used is the Realm of Shadow is perverted. Light spells, while still usable, are weak and give off a sickly light that attracts shades. Any food conjured is rotting and inedible. Poor mortals who are trapped in this plane without food, weapon or shelter must struggle to survive.

That is your struggle.

THE STORY

The note appeared simply enough. Tucked away in a mail box, hand-delivered or secreted away in your pack, it managed to find its way into your hands. The invitation within is ornate and brief: "We must meet. I have something that you require..." Perhaps it promises you gold and limitless power. Or a chance to re0unite with one you believed long dead. The invitation promises you your hearts desire.

Of course you accept.
[Image: Zombie.PNG]

But this meeting brings only sorrow.

Drugged and kidnapped, your character is stripped of their weaponry and dragged into a shadowy crypt. The invitation was a trap; the shadowy stranger was a cultist, and his alluring offer was the bait he used to draw his latest sacrifices into the coven. You and nine other strangers are now poised to tumble into the Realm of Shadows as the evil cult's latest sacrifice.

Yet you are not some mindless, slack-jawed peasant. A hero's heart (Or a villain's mind) is held within you. You will endure. You will survive. You will escape.

The event will be a week-long survival event. The ten ‘betrayed' will have to survive in the Shadow Plane for one week in-game. During this week they will endure twisted monsters and hideous shades. They will be kidnapped and tortured. They will be starved and tormented. They will come across mad cults and insane death knights. There will be betrayal and deceit.

And all in the name of survival.

The event is intended to be a spin-off of the widely popular kidnapping events. Kidnapping, survival and cooperation play a major part of the event arc and will determine the final outcome of all the survivors.

The week-long event will be broken up into four mini-events. Each mini-event will use the /roll system of combat. Along with this there will be added D&D-styled modifiers to each character, giving them bonuses and detractors for the event.

Between these mini-events the survivors will be encouraged to role-play amongst themselves. Plot points and intrigue elements will be added to keep the out-of-combat role-play engaging.

SIGN-UPS

To sign up please PM me with information concerning the character you wish to participate. You will PM Character Name, Character Race/Class, Character's Motivation For Meeting The Cultist, Character's physical strengths/weaknesses and any other relevant information on the character and their past.

There are now twelve survivor spots available for the event itself. Spots are first-come, first-serve.

Deadlines for applications are December 31st. If there are any open spots after that, we will allow for walk-ins on the day of the event.

It is up to the DM's descression to turn away some applications.

More information will be sent via PM to those accepted. Reminder PMs will also be sent out to those who have signed up.

Note: By signing up for the event you understand that there is a chance for Character Death. Your characters will be placed in highly dangerous situations where physical harm and injury is very probable. Upon death, resurrections will still be possible.

Note: By signing up for the event you understand that your character will be unable to RP with the rest of the server for the week period. Your character will remain in a phased segment of Deadwind, and will be free to RP in the zone as they try to find a way to escape.

Spellcasters: Magic in the Shadow Plane functions along the same lines as magic in Azeroth. The only difference is that there is natural dampening of Light magic and boosting of Shadow magic. Mage spells of conjuration and teleportation are also dampened, yielding in corrupted food and failed portals.

TIME & PLACE

Event Listing
Saturday, January the 1st
Where our survivalists wake up to find themselves weaponless and in a cell. They will realize they are to be sacrificed, take appropriate measures and prepare. Once through, they will encounter their first true physical and mental challenge.

Tuesday, January 4th
Where our survivalists must endure a rather macabre group of fellow survivors.

Thursday, January the 6th
Where our survivalists must rescue their fellow survivors from a crypt.

Saturday, January the 8th
Where our survivalists will find the means to escape the Shadow Plane.

All events shall be at...
Time:6:00 EST
(Use http://www.worldtimezone.com/ to match this with your own time-zone.)

Current Survivalists:
Tavren Black (LostStranger)
Archmage Aroes (aroes)
Johnathon "Mordus" Irus (AM180)
Layna Boltsy (Wuvuums)
Adel Lanithan (Delta)
Kother Sprigo (Spiralin)
Koriel Sunbreaker (Drust)
Mathias Summers (Krilari)
Ligga Shadowbrew (Danalthar)
Tana Mistfall (McKnighter)
Kat Monroe (MrBubbles)
Derrick Ironfist (Binkleheimer)
Kimee Frostshackle (Nexi)
Karin Lakewood (Pesim)

Combat Info
(The event will be using the Clovis method of DMed combat.)
Spoiler:
During combat events, we make use of the /roll 50 command. I believe 1-50 gives us more fair results per roll, as compared to /roll 100. Credit goes to Brutal for creating this system in the first place.

Attacking & Dealing Damage

When it is your characters turn to attack, you type out your emote – ideally, already pre-written by your turn – and then type ' /roll 50 ' in the text box. The result will be this:

[Image: roll.png]

The Dungeon Master will then /roll against your roll.

[Image: rolldm.png]

The attacker always rolls first. If the attacker wins the rolls, their previous /roll determines the damage.

1 = Fumble
2-25 – 1 Damage (Glancing Blow)
26-49 – 2 Damage
50 = 5 Damage (Crushing Blow)

Of course, if the defender wins, you deal no damage, and may even be counter attacked if the defender rolls 40-50.

When it is the Dungeon Master's turn to attack you, they will emote the enemy attack, and roll first. You will then roll against them. If they win, they will deal damage. Warning! They can score crushing blows as well!

Question: “If I miss, do I still deal damage?”
Answer: “No. Even if you win the attack roll, if the attack was a 1, it is a miss. Unless you are using a special weapon or the DM says otherwise.”

Everyone has 10HP. The Frostbrand, the ship itself has 500 HP.

Prep

You may forfeit your turn to give yourself modifiers for your next. “Prepping' involves emoting preparations for a large attack. A warrior can focus for a heroic leap, a hunter can set up a dastardly trap or a caster can charge up for a super attack.

Modifiers will be given for these prepped attacks by the DM during the course of the event and it is up to the DM's discretion on how many bonus points will be awarded.

Healing

When attempting to heal 1 person, you need only do a /roll 50 to determine the effects of the healing. When attempting to heal -multiple- people, you will need to /roll against the DM per person after the first initial heal. You may also spend one turn -charging- a spell, which increases the healing effect.

1 = Mana Burn
2-10 = 1 Damage ( 2 Charged )
11-30 = 2 Damage ( 4 Charged ) ( Removes debuffs )
31-49 = 3 Damage ( 6 Charged ) ( Removes KO status )
50 = Full Heal ( Grants +5 to next roll buff )
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Do we positively have to escape in precisely one week or die?

Is it possible to be trapped... longer yet?
I can make the sign-up but I won't be able to make the kick-off event. Is that a problem?

(January 2nd is the day of my flight.)
I too won't be able to make the starting event, but I do still want to join.
Event time and date changed because of scheduling conflicts/I am a nice person.

@Lost: The event is free form. The beginning and end event are structured to provide a clear entrance and exit. The events between however, are up to you.

If a character gets lost/captured or otherwise detained while in the Shadow Plane and is thusly forced to miss the 'escape' event on the next Saturday, then yes, they would be forced to stay in the Shadow Plane for longer.
Thanks for helping me set this up, Rosencrat. ^^
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
HmhmhahahahahahaMWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Pain is an illusion.
Updated. There are now 3/10 spots taken.

Also, information has been tweaked slightly.
If I had internet for longer...

Oh god. I could cry. I would love to participate in this.

I will be sending Charter a strongly worded email regarding their subscription prices.
Adel Lanithan would have been captured alongside Tavren.
I leave the details in his hands, as I won't be present from the 30th through the 3rd.
Quote:It is the place where Death Knights go to train their horse and is the basis for their teleportation magic. It is where Shadow Priests and Warlocks draw energy for their Shadow School. Death Magic has its source here.

So, wouldn't Death Knights, Shadow Priests, Warlocks, and Necromancers -gain- power while in this phase? Just curious.
Sent in a PM.
McKnighter Wrote:So, wouldn't Death Knights, Shadow Priests, Warlocks, and Necromancers -gain- power while in this phase? Just curious.

Very true! All wielders of shadow will gain boosts to their powers. But these boosts do come with a price.

Also, due to demand and suggestions, we've increased the pop cap to twelve.

To accommodating these larger numbers in a combat situation, we will be pairing up rounds during DMed events.

Survivor list updated.
Would it be possible to shift the kicker to January 3rd, to accomodate Wuvvums and Delta?

Pardon what is potentially a childishly demanding tone to these posts thus far, I do not intend it as such.
Actually my flight will make me arrive back in my state right on January 3rd so it'll work.

Of course I'll need to sleep. It sucks having a flight bring you in at midnight ;w;

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darkest Desolace Rosencrat 30 6,505 08-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Rosencrat