The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Familiar faces, unfamiliar names. [RC]
[Two part post, extremely long]

“Take my mount.”

Those were the words she managed to mutter before the drake's claws tore her away and off the said mount. Her right arm had been broken, as was her right ankle. She knew there was no way she could fight this, nor flee. But maybe, just maybe, Del and his friend could get to safety.

In a desperate attempt, she tried to get free, using her magic to try to blind the beast. Sadly, the fire just bounced off the scales. Another agonized cry tore from Reigen's lips as her mana was starting to be pushed out though her body.

Run…Stop fighting, run!

She watched with blurry vision as the Spell breaker in vain tried to free her, attacking the Drake. She was highly surprised when his sword pierced into the drakes skin, even more so when it's barrier was taking down, but, she had no time to react.

Please….go.

Reigen cracked a smile, speaking as loud as she could manage, "I-idot...one of us...has gotta get outta he-" She was cut short as the drake slammed her body into the ground, it's claws pushing deeper into her body, shredding more of her flesh and muscles. “P-please go.”

The male did not hear her, or, ignored her. The fight raged on, only for her body to become more damaged at each movement the drake made. She saw the snow turn red around her as her life left her body.

“Heroes…are the first to die…”

Why did I act a hero?

She only saw the drake bite the man. Her mask left her face from all the movements. Oddly enough, a smile was on it. She could no longer feel the pain; she no longer saw the battle. No, as her eyes dulled, she saw something else. A hand reaches out to a figure near her as her smile only widened. The figure smiled back to her.

The last words that escaped her lips, as she stared at the man before her, were filled not with sorry, but, of happiness, as her mind gave her what she longed to see.

“Dael'ar.”

Then darkness.
-------------------
Then Light.

She was back in Grizzly Hills, in the simple robe she wore so long ago. The smells, the sounds, and the lighting were all the same. Reigen looked around quickly until they set upon some stairs, then traveled up.

“Dael'ar!”

All her dreams were about to come true, to her, Al'thorai had been wrong. She hastened her steps to approach him, but…then things went wrong. The stairs stretched out and began to become aligned with figured. Reigen took no notice until the first stepped in front of her.

“M-mother?”

Then it struck. In a flurry of blades, Reigen felt herself getting sliced apart. The words her mother spoke. The names…Reigen screamed time and time again, apologizing at the top of her lunges.

“I'm sorry, I'm so sorry mother! I didn't mean to kill you!”

Then it stopped. The figure was gone and she was again whole. In a desperate effort, she ran up the steps, the world quickly turning from colorful, to a Grey, to a black. No matter how far she ran…she never got any closer to Dael'ar.

She sensed more movement and looked up the stairs. Now, all the figures to her were clear. She saw each and ever person she had ever killed, each person she had ever hurt. They all stood on those stairs.

They all wanted revenge.

What seemed like years and she managed to pass though all of those people. Each time going though the horrible feeling of getting clawed into, body parts getting ripped off, and the horrible words they spoke.

And she was still no closer to Dael'ar.

“Reigen…”

She looked up quickly to see Mack. She only had a moment before he lunged at her, hands turning into claws, skin and clothing becoming blue. It became so cold, she couldn't move. There was nowhere to run. As Mack began to attack her, to rip her apart, she saw all her friends appear.

An eternity went by.

Reigen lived though this torture time and time again. Each time, she felt a part of her die. Every mark stayed on her body until she was just one giant scarred mess.
But she couldn't give up. She crawled on and on, trying to reach the one she had for so long wished to see again, to hold again.

But she would never reach him.

The world became bright and cold.

Then dark and hot.
Two gathered around the broken body of the Sin'dorei female known as Reigen Talah'malanore. She had been in that spot for over a week, blank eyes gazing out into nothingness while people came to visit her corpse. This marked the seventh day of her death, and also, the possible day of her rebirth.

Approaching the two men near her body was a female with bright red hair. She looked at the two, then to the body, and spoke just a simple phrase that to one meant the whole world.

“Are you ready to begin?”

One of the males nodded. They were instructed to bring her into the center of the room. After a few words between the men, the one with his hair let down, Mack, scooped the broken women into his arms and carried her into the center of the room where he would again set her down. The other follows. The red haired woman spoke again and they both took a step back.

The woman left and was soon replaced by two large, red dragons'. A disturbance to the side indicated the arrival of another. This one was a large male Death Knight known to the dead as Kitten. He was motioned over to the other two men and soon after the woman returned, gazing at the three males.

The red haired Sin'dorei woman spoke to the two dragons, which hummed in response. She knelt down by Reigen and positioned the body into something…normal, removing the fake eye.. She would then stand up again and nod to each of the dragons. For a long moment silence is the only thing in the temple.

Suddenly both the dragons erupt in what could be called a song, though more like duel growling. Their roars echoed off of the stones walls of the tall chamber. The woman cracked her knuckles before joining in, a roar ripping from her throat reviling she may not have been a Sin'dorei in the first place.

The woman thrusts her hands up in the air and massive amounts of energy pulse around her body. The two dragons keep howling in unison with the woman. Then, with an explosion of magic, the energy collected above the dead woman's body and then descended upon it, wrapping around her and lifting her off of the floor. The two dragons only watch as her body is picked up off of the floor, spinning around slowly. Her body becomes wrapped in what could be described as a body-glove of pure healing energy.

The spectators watch as the dragons rear back while the ritual proceeds, still ‘singing' in unison. Reigen's body would spin in the air, loud cracks can be heard as her bones start to snap back in place. The three males covered their eyes from the blinding light.

The red haired woman would let out a deep, bellowing growl as the dead woman's body descended to the floor once more to stand a few inches above it. The energy had wrapped the woman up in a protective cocoon. Suddenly, the body is propelled into the air, racing up near the ceiling. A burst of holy energy blasted about her body and an ethereal cry echoed in the halls as a form of blue matter is pushed into the body.

Reigen would again descend to the floor to where it was set down gently. The light remained warped around her body as a body-glove. The woman than dropped her arms to her sides as the light around Regan began to fade, but, the body-glove remained to glow only with a paint pulse.

The dragons inclined their heads to the group faintly as the red haired woman glanced to them.

“It is done.”
----------------
Light again

This light is so strong…and this humming…what is this? Why is this different?

At first she had been distressed. She felt herself being shoved into something. It was too sudden, too fast for her to understand what was going on. For a while, it had just been darkness.

Then she felt.

The cool touch of the stone to her skin made her think something was wrong. This was not like before. She had always awoke in the grass, the soft, sweet grass. What hit her next was the realization her body was exposed; someone was calling her name, and the intense pain all over her body. It hurt to breathe.

So my torture beings again…

But it did not. Finally she could no long keep her eyes shut. At first, she watched them. Something covered her body, she wasn't sure. There was a short struggle; perhaps it would start again now? Who knew? Her eyes then fell upon her own body. It was perfect, nothing marred her, but…she didn't see it as such.

So….cold….

A different voice firmly called her name.

So many scars…all over my body.

She looked then to the large male hovering over her body. He was a large, a death knight, with tied back red hair. She knew who he was with all her heart, she recalled everything about him, but…what was this black spot in her mind? He called her name again and when she opened her mouth to speak, she felt…blank.

I know him….why…why?!

“Reigen.. . .?”

She spoke at last.

“What…is your name?”
-----------------------
Killer: Blue Drake
Resurrecter: Red Dragon

Temporary:
Intense fear of Dragons of any form, somewhat of color blue.
Unable to recall names and certain evens.
Crippling ghost pain where the claws dug in.
Unable to use Frost magic at all.

Short-term:
Unable to recall people she does not interact often with.
Unable to keep focus, will drift off in the middle of conversations.
Absent-minded, not paying attention to much anything.
Intense to mild ghost pain where the claws dug in.
Feels cold no matter the temperature.

Permanent Drawbacks:
Fear of Dragons of any form and uneasy around the color blue.
Forever feeling detached from the rest of the living world.
Dulling of emotions.
Constant illusion of lost loved ones popping up.
Spirit has a looser hold upon her body, making any sort of second resurrection extremely difficult.
Dull ghost pain where the claws dug in, sometimes becoming crippling.
Weakness to cold and frost magic.
Just noting here to say that I'm both the killer and the resurrecter, indirectly.

I controlled the characters behind both deeds, so to speak.
Just a few things you might want to make note of.

First is the Fear of Dragons. Just wanted to say that there aren't many characters in Warcraft who wouldn't soil themselves in the presence of a dragon, angry or not.

Secondly would be that you have 'mild ghost pain' as a short term effect, but you have 'ghost pain that is sometimes crippling' in permanent effects. Sounds kinda like it gets worse over time which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Finally would be the loose spirit weakness. I'm quite positive that you are only given one possible resurrection per character but I could have out-of-date information so don't take my word for it!

The rest of the drawbacks seem feasible and reasonable. Twas a good read as well!
Kaelvan Wrote:Finally would be the loose spirit weakness. I'm quite positive that you are only given one possible resurrection per character but I could have out-of-date information so don't take my word for it!

Outdated.

Nub.
Edited, thank you Kaelvan for pointing out my mistakes!