The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Writing and Roleplaying: The In-Character Thread of Xigo
Frustration and Annoyance: The Daily Emotions of a Doomguard

The world itself trembled with every mighty step he took.

Mortals scattered as he drew near them.

Heaven turns and Hell cracks so that whatever beings might linger in those realms might observe his glory.

And yet he was apparently weak on this world.

Numerous heroes had stood before him. Elves who fashioned themselves 'Hunters', as though Demons were some sort of a game. Humans with guns, whom apparently fought his kin for a living. Dwarves with mouths whom cling to their hats. Orcs encased in obnoxious armor. He's faced them, and beat them. Yet they all bore one thing in common. A strange level of natural endurance against his attacks.

His blade was -disturbingly- useless against each and every foe he faced. No longer would it simply cleave a whelp in two like it used to. No. Now it took -multiple slashes-. Which was both frustrating and annoying to our fair Demon. He was simply used to butchering his foes with a casual swing. But alas. It appeared the men and women on Azeroth had obtained demonic skin of some sort. For their wounds mean nothing, and any wounds inflicted upon them are always minor.

However. Let it never be said that this Demon was not willing to change.

He saw the problem. His blade. Felsteel was obviously no longer strong enough to decimate his foes. No. He needed something stronger. Larger. Better. And he knew who to go to in order to obtain it.

It was on quite the cold eve that he made his flight to the hellish Felwood of Azeroth. Abominations that fancied themselves to be comparable to actual threats wandered the earth there, and to be honest, it caused our fair Demon to be rather amused at the idea of such whelps to be able to share a name with him. But It seemed times had changed, unfortunately. Demons were no longer some threat to be feared on this world anymore. No, they were just another enemy for one to defeat and later boast about. It was odd.

But he dealt with it.

The Demon entered a small cavern, his footsteps echoing around him as his hooves beat against the cobblestone floor. Water dripped from the ceiling of the cave, puddles forming here and there. It was dark. But our Demon needed no light to see. Which was quite useful, for the being he was to meet cloaked herself in shadows constantly.

A smile crossed his face as the Succubus came forth from the shadows. She perked a brow as she eyed the Doomguard up and down. A snarl escaped her lips.

"What do you want, Ara'Gazhi?"
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Bartering and Chatting: The Hated Trivialities of a Doomguard

The Doomguard began to stride forward, a happy smile on his face. He peered at the much smaller, weaker demon, eying her up and down. They had served together in the past. Like Ara'Gazhi had served with so many other demons. When you have been alive for fourty-thousand plus years, you tend to meet a lot of people. "I take it He still lingers here?" The Doomguard spoke in the tongue he had been using for almost his entire life. Common was such a poor substitute to it.

"Yes, bu-." Ara'Gazhi ignored her words after the answer to his question, his stride continuing. The Succubus' only became more angered as he pressed on. Eventually, the Doomguard felt a whip snap against his leg. Whilst it did absolutely nothing to harm him, it did catch his attention. He turned to face his lesser comrade. "You know only too well how He operates. Step no farther, lest you offend Him."

A sigh escaped Ara'Gazhi's lips. Oh how he hated the dramatics of his fellow demons sometimes. The constant trivialities of dancing around a subject. He made it a point to be as blunt as possible. It wasn't so much the act that mattered. It was the execution. "Very well."

The Succubus sighed with relief. Both she and Ara'Gazhi knew that she could not have stopped him if he wished to press onwards. "Call forth your request into the depths of this cavern. And you will receive the price from Him." She perked a brow. "I thought you knew all this."

He chose to ignore that last comment. The Doomguard gathered air into his lungs shortly before bellowing out into the shadows. The very world about him shook as his voice rumbled. Rubble fell from the ceiling. A stone cracked. "I require a new blade! A strong blade! One which could cut through even the sturdiest of defenses! Fit for one of my stature to wield! What is your price?"

Both Sayaad and Ered'ruin waited patiently for a reply. Silence overtook the cave, save the occasional 'drip drop' of water. An hour passed. Then two. And after a deal of time, a very calm, very gentle voice responded. Compared to Ara'Gazhi's yell, it was considerably quieter. Yet it could be heard perfectly well.

"My price, you ask? My price is simple. You shall bring to me the materials to forge it. And a trinket for myself." The voice paused. "Adamantium. Titansteel. And the soul of a hero. Bring these to me. And you will have your tool of destruction."

As the voice died down, so did Ara'Gazhi's desire to linger in this dreadful cavern. He turned to leave, parting with but a few words.

"I accept your price."
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Patience and Understanding: The Rather New Way for Dagrim

It was in the wilds of Azshara that Dagrim rested, sitting at the edge of a gently flowing stream. Her eyes were transfixed on the moving waters. They calmed her. They let her think clearly. They let her meditate.

Meditation was a rather new experience for the she-orc. Most of her life had revolved around her yelling at the top of her lungs at people until she got what she wanted (or in many cases, got the crap kicked out of her). Now-a-days... she just felt quiet. Observation and patience were her weapons of choice now, her blade and bow having remained unused for quite a deal of time.

The trees about her were thick with red leaves, trapped in autumn. Thick grass cushioned her rear, its reddish color blending well with Dagrim's own garments. The occasional gentle breeze blew by, causing Dagrim's long braid to bounce as the winds nudged it. It was then that Dagrim realized just how much she loved this feeling. This overwhelming sense of... well. Calmness. She did not feel inclined to run out and scream as she did when she first started meditating. No. She just felt at peace with the world. A gentle sigh came forth from her nose as her shoulders slouched.

Her mind drifted to reflect on her past as a whole. All the times she had been inconsiderate to her fellow warriors when there was no need to. And of course, all the beatings she received for her words. Back then she felt vindictive, like she was proving something to the world by being boisterous and kicking sand in everyone's face. Now, she simply felt her actions had been foolish. Childish. Selfish. She had shown no compassion for others, and no trust for them either. She justified her actions by reminding herself that no other showed her love. Why would she love them when she had none in return? Giving without receiving something in return was something Dagrim never really did in the past. It was a foreign concept to her.

Perhaps.... Perhaps I can change that, she thought to herself. Give for a bit. See how it goes. If things go poorly, then hey, nothing bad'll happen. Right? Just be a bit nicer, is all I gotta do. She smiled in satisfaction.

Why not?
Change and the Wind: Dagrim's Learning of the Two.

A constant barrage of rain assaulted Dagrim as she rested upon her knees on an open field. Lightning split the skies and thunder shook the earth, yet she did not move. She had lost any sort of fear she might have once had over the two weapons of the wind, for she had been vulnerable for them for so long now.

Dagrim had been chasing storms for quite some time now. About two weeks. And every one she would find, she would sit down in the middle of it and listen. At first, she would climb to the top of the tallest mountain she could find in order to get her ears closer to the skies. But that was met with an assault of lightning every time she went up, forcing her to back down. While at first this frustrated her and only gave the Orc clause to defy the elements, she eventually reminded herself how she was there to learn about them, not wage war against them.

She would also strain her ears to listen to the wind, and to the thunder. She would squint her eyes in order to observe the rain and the lightning. But now, she realized how futile that effort was. Instead she simply sat still, her eyes shut, her mind relaxed. Dagrim absorbed all around her in this state of mind, churning the knowledge of the wind she learned as time went on. It was peaceful. Refreshing. Despite the flashes of light in the sky. And despite the ear shattering thuds that thrashed in the air.

"I am the monarch of the skies."

Dagrim blinked her eyes, breaking her state of relaxation for but a moment.

"I am that which shakes the earth. As my winds carry forth across this plane, the world itself shifts. Mountains are destroyed. Fires are quelled. Creatures flee to shelters. And water is brought up to my domain, if only to fall once more."

Dagrim looked before her, the voice fading, as though it were retreating.

"What am I?"

A fierce breeze blew from the back of Dagrim's head, propelling her braid forwards. Quickly, the woman rose to her feet. What was the sky? What was the wind? What was its purpose on this world? She raked her mind for the answer.

Concentrate, Dagrim. Concentrate...

She blinked her eyes once more as she came to the conclusion. A sly smirk crossed her face.

"Change. It's change!"

The wind blew at her back once more, causing the woman to stumble forward. Her smirk quickly transformed into a smile as she allowed the winds to carry her forth, placing one foot infront of the other. Her body felt weightless, the world about her but a blur.

To walk with the wind, one must be as ever-changing as the sky itself.
Notes on what my characters might be doing whilst I am gone.

Ara'Gazhi - Currently questing for Titansteel

Dagrim - Wandering to learn more of the wind and sky.

Arianna - Busy with Mack, rarely seen.

Paota - Trying to control her now-walking child. She's doing all right.

Versich - Hey, that dude's still being broken and what not

Tyesh - Vacation

Mundo - Delivering mail

Merica - Staying with Jaerin

Sindri - She's on the hunt. This will likely be explained with an IC post eventually.
The Fall of the Guard: Tale of Ara'Gazhi

Before the demon's glorious visage laid the pathetic fortress of Malthora, the last vain hope of protection the people of this world had against his kind's onslaught. Large and imposing the structures were, built with the glistening white metals, the corners of every building rounded off. To the defenders of this fortification? It was victory. It was survival. And it was their pride and glory. To see such a 'magnificent' structure fall would crush their morale, allowing the swift domination of the world.

Clad in a glorious full body raiment of blackened felsteel was Ara'Gazhi, as he stood amongst his fellow commanders. He was large and imposing, the largest of the Ered'ruin of this force. He carried that status with pride, and it showed in every step he took. The others were jealous of his power, this he knew. But they could do nothing to change that, as he was their leader's favorite officer.

Highlord Dal'Thanus rested upon his throne, gazing upon the four Doom Guards who led his armies into battle. His flesh was tainted with the color of yellow, and blood dripped from his body, having recently disemboweled a fool who had dared to question his orders. Unlike his officers, he was a Fiend. The wide, gaping mouth on his stomach seemed to eternally hunger, snapping at anything that came near it. His horns with large and groomed. And his fangs were as razor sharp as his mind. Though, perhaps that last part was wishful thinking on his behalf.

"Brief me on the situation, my guards." His voice was deep and slow, every word taking its sweet time to come out. It wasn't as though he was in a rush.

Ori'thazan was the first to reply, always eager to gain favor in the eyes of his lord. His skin was blue, his body as physically fit as any other Doom Guard. He had a long, slanted face, and large pointed ears. Much to his dismay, he was not nearly as large as the red guard known as Ara'Gazhi. "They are weak, ripe for the taking. A full frontal assault could be that which makes them drop to their knees in defeat. Let us display our power to them! Let us show them fear!"

His fellow Doom Guards all nodded their heads in agreement. A fitting display, such an attack would be. It would show their power, show how pointless fighting against the Burning Legion was. All of this world would surrender to them, and glory would be theirs as they reaped from the souls of the mortals as they pleased. All but one was satisfied with this plan.

"Such an attack would be a waste of our forces. We do not know what weapons linger within that fortress. Nor do we know fully know the numbers contained within. Combined with the great strength of their warriors, there is a slim chance we might lose a great deal of our army in one assault." He made very certain to not make defeat seem certain. The Highlord could be whimsical at times, and he knew not how well the greater demon would respond to such a thought.

Dal'Thanus smiled a most amused smile. "And what do you propose, Ara'Gazhi?"

"We infiltrate their fortress with a number of Sayaad. They will scout out the structure, and report to us exactly what we face. Then, when we make our assault, they will create openings in the least fortified areas of Malthora, allowing groups of our army to infiltrate the fortifications. Meanwhile, a diversionary force will charge the main gates, keeping them distracted until its allies can wreck the enemy from behind."

Ori'Thazan snarled at the red-skinned Doom Guard as Dal'Thanus nodded his head. "Deception. Your plan appeals to my tastes, Ara'Gazhi."

The blue Guard immediately spoke up, voice carrying an obvious ire. "I propose we give Ara'Gazhi the honor of leading the frontal assault! This is his plan! Let him carry the glory of leading our greater numbers into the fray!"

Ara'Gazhi winced internally as the Highlord nodded his head once more. "An excellent proposition. Ara'Gazhi, you shall take charge of the main force attacking the gates of Malthora. You will bring us glory and victory upon the day of siege."

A defeated sigh escaping his lips, Ara'Gazhi looked up to the Highlord, knowing that disappointing him would mean certain death. "Yes, my lord." He pounded a fist against his chest twice, a display of respect and acknowledgment.

... He really hated Ori'Thazan.
T'was a dark and stormy night when Archmage Grunthar of the Earthshakers conducted his foul magic. He had been experimenting for years now, trying to make just the perfect spell. One that would solve all universal problems. One that would bring glory to his clan, and victory to the Horde.

Grunthar etched runes into the scenery about him, helping to support his spellcraft. His arms waved in the air as the arcane energies swirled about, forming to the Archmage's every word. Finally, with a fierce shout, he thrust his hand up into the air, a glorious beam shooting forth from his appendage, piercing the very heavens. Then, all across the world, it began to rain.

This rain was enchanted by the magics of the Archmage. It would pass through homes, through mountains, through any obstacle in its path. Yet even still, this rain seemed to make nothing wet. It would simply pass through everything, effecting absolutely nothing.

Nothing save the women.

Bodies and visages of women began to swiftly shift as they were touched by the magical water. They skin would turn green, their ears grow pointed. Hair would begin to wither and fall for the unlucky ones. It was all part of the Archmage's plan. He knew women were necessary for the foes of the Earthshaker Clan to continue to exist. So. His spell did the obvious.

It took their wimminz.

"Glory to the Horde!"

(Happy April Fools!)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elemental Writing FlyingSquirrel 9 1,815 12-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel