The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

House of Arayes looking for Family, Servents and Apprentices
The House of Arayes is a Noble house within the society of Silvermoon, they have been a long standing member of the Council of Silvermoon and have held a seat for hundreds of years. Being a Family of Magister's there is a strong encouragement for following the families ideals and becoming a Mage, to go against family tradition is taboo and often leads to disowning by the family. (Exception being Inara, explained later)

-The Family has some dark secrets which may or man not be discovered or known by family members.
-The seat on the Council has recently been revoked. (Explained below)
-With the death of the former Head of the Family, Tandis Arayes is the current Head, with no legal heir currently in the family.

The Details of what were looking for:
Family Members, who can do whatever so long as they fit in the family. RP on your own or with us, may restrict certain things. [Mostly looking for; Cousins, Uncles, Nephews]

Servents, Assistants, Translator who can assist with experiments, daily routines, and gathering stuff for main family members.

Apprentices, who want to learn from "prestigious" (word is used lightly, and more RP wise if you don't think were prestigious that's fine but others might) family since that's what a lot of elves did.

Girlfriend? I'm actually serious here, as Romance RP is quite fun if done right. And hell Tandis needs an Heir after all. ;)

Bodyguard, The family would be looking to hire protection.

Requirements:
-The only real requirement is that your a Blood Elf.

Things to Note:
-Your character can do something completely different, and doesn't have to RP with us all the time. It's cool to have relations and do something else so that if the relations ever meet it's awesome.

-Family Members, may try to fight for positions in the family.

-While a trip to BB, might happen... MIGHT... Direct RP with me will hopefully mean SILVERMOON and actual Blood Elf RP areas...

The Family:
Tandis Ayares (Played by Tales), Head of the Family and former Blood Mage currently shifting his abilities towards specializing in Fel Magic, using his abilities to conjure Fel Crystals used to help deal with the addiction and a large part of how the Arayes family remained powerful with the death of his father. He held the seat in the Council until the reliance of Fel Crystals was no longer needed. (To an extent) Character Profile still being tweaked.

Inara Ayares (Played by Aisha), the Younger sister of Tandis and current Blood Knight of Silvermoon. She is a troublemaker who has always made trouble for the House but is protected by her Brother as the Head of the Family thus leading to disdain by other members of the family.

[May be rewritten, still waiting on her.]
Spoiler:
Inara has been the trouble maker as far as anyone can remember. Always doing things her own way even if it's obviously stupid and wrong. That might be because her parents died when she was still very young and her older brother took control of the family. Seems she never accepted his authority, but she loves him and cares for him as a brother even though she rarely shows it due to her childish nature. Even though she must have everything done her way, she couldn't really do anything about it under the supervision of her older brother. Yet she has claimed somewhat of a victory over him when she decided to be a fighter. From that day she's like off the leash! As if she has tasted blood, but she doesn't mean anything really bad to her brother. Deep down she chose this path to protect him, but she herself is yet to understand that as she can't cope with the idea yet. Being a Blood Elf Inara should have a little upper hand on using arcane magic, but she is one of the worst with it. Nearly every arcane based spell “blows up” in her face. She does slightly make up for it with her graceful use of a sword, but that gets overshadowed by her lack of strength. Her brother could teach her how to handle magic better, him being a mage and all, but she's too arrogant to do so. Her mentors don't really like her for her attitude and she often goes through two to five a month. So learning isn't really progressing too fast for her. She only trains when she feels like it or if the mentor takes the correct approach of showing her and only saying that she may copy to learn. Yet she's still a wannabe Blood Knight. She simply doesn't spend enough time with a mentor for him or her to approve her above a trainee. Inara is yet to find a mentor that can cope with her personality. Inara dreams of going to Outland one day to see where some of her kind went when she was young. It was the will of her parents that her older brother stayed with Inara in Azeroth. Outland does sound a little deadly when looking at Inara's skills, but she doesn't care… as usual.
Becoming a Blood Knight

After getting in a lot of trouble and reconsidering her own actions for the first time, Inara finally accepted her brother's authority. She finally understood that she's still too childish in behavior, naïve and inexperienced to handle things herself. Her judgment and naïve personality brought her a lot of trouble.

After pulling Inara out of the heat Tandis decided to send her to the purified Sunwell to be trained properly to become a Blood Knight. Since she reconsidered her own behavior, she finally accepted her brother's orders and the orders of her teachers. She was well on her way to becoming a Blood Knight. Finally! Inara's mentor was very strict, but his methods finally got Inara to learn how to use some of the most basic spells a Blood Knight uses. After extensive training with a hammer, sword and magic Inara was finally sent home to Silvermoon. She has changed. Her personality, her skills, her appearance. Maybe she's on her way to becoming mature enough to handle herself as some of her old habits still jump out here and there.

Amdis Ayares (May be back, played by Vrahn)

Spoiler:
Amdis is the only child to the brother of the late Magister Ayares, father to Tandis Ayares, the current heir of the Ayares fortune and estates, and as such holds the traditional position of advisor in the place of his father. Once a mediocre family now risen in wealth and status Amdis has seen a considerable increase in his own position in life which he has set his intellect towards fostering and protecting, seeing that House Ayares would continue to grow and prosper.

While under the employ of the late Magister Ayares Amdis would frequent the human city of Dalaran where he would find a place in the Sorcerer's League, able to harness the innate arcane magic held by all sorcerers, and developing his knowledge apart from the usual approach of wizards who sometimes look down upon their less studious colleagues. At these times he would also receive training from his father in the art of diplomacy, accounting, negotiations, and other things that would be required of his position up until his father passed away due to natural causes. Amdis would continue practicing his art and serve as the advisor in place of his father up until the Third War which would see him drawn away to the conflict in Dalaran where he fought in defense of the city up until its' destruction by the Legion. Unlike some of his colleagues he returned to Silvermoon only to find the city in ruins where he would meet up with the son of Magister Ayares and learn of the demise of his previous employer.

Amdis would then see the return to his traditional position as the advisor to Tandis Ayares and steward of the Ayares Estate and has seen his beloved city, and the House of Ayares, recover from the ashes of defeat, fostering an ever strong sense of pride in the old elf.

Involved Roleplayers:
Tales/Tandis Ayares: Eastern (GMT - 5) (Head of the Family)
Vrahn/Amdis Ayares: Eastern (GMT - 5) (Family Advisor)
Aisha/Inara Ayares: Unknown Timzone ( Family Member)
Stompkins/Valresa: Eastern (GMT - 5) (Courtier)
McKnighter/Melissa Fairstar: Central (GMT - 6) (Servant/Apprentice)
Pangloss/Gael: Central Europe (GMT + 1) (Distant relative)
Cressy/Ladria: US West (GMT - 8) (Apprentice, Bother) :P
Terant/Terant Sin'reial and Eliya Sunstriker. Eastern (GMT -5) (Fool/Courtier)

Need to talk to me
Jason/Tarinar Moonbreaker: GMT -6, Central North America Time Zone. (Bodyguard)
Zarquon/Erida Minalore: Unknown Timezone (Friend)
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Vyndus wouldn't mind being a bodyguard/babysitter of sorts. :D
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

Seeing that the family -does- have dark secrets, possible that Tana could be an assassin for y'all if you need her.
If you post a little about your character, I'll take a look I"m sure the family could find a use for her.
Eh, I haven't fully fleshed out her profile/background, but I'm mostly sticking along the times of her family's trade was generally being successful assassins. Though in some event, most of them died and Tana is still around, doing work.

She's mainly an assassin for noble Houses, the kind of type that seduces her target into a private location, then stabs them in the neck. Direct combat is a no-go for her.

Edit: By assassins, I do not mean the prestige Assassin, it's just a name that I use in place of 'hired blade' or 'mercenary'.
Valresa currently has no background, but I have been wanting to make one for her, she's targeted to be about 125-ish, if that would be the romance place of things, she could also be a servant if wanted.
"If you don't try to save one life you'll never save any!"

[Image: dean.png]
That would work fine, Tandis is about 157 years old though I'm in the process of rewriting him so I'll post again when I post his profile tomorrow.
stompkins Wrote:Valresa currently has no background, but I have been wanting to make one for her, she's targeted to be about 125-ish, if that would be the romance place of things, she could also be a servant if wanted.

Servant AND romantic interest? Clearly you don't know about real blood elven arrogance and narcissism. That said, if this guild will have anything to do with your Blood Pact idea in the works (which I suspect it does) then I will consider lopping some sort of distantly related...uncle or so. As stated, depends on my schedule (shedual).
I think she means either a Romance RP based character OR a Servant. Tandis wouldn't go out with his Servant because she wouldn't be a servant if she was courting Tandis.
Once my introduction gets viewed, I would greatly like the idea of starting my first character as a member of this family.
Tales23 Wrote:I think she means either a Romance RP based character OR a Servant. Tandis wouldn't go out with his Servant because she wouldn't be a servant if she was courting Tandis.

It could make for some pretty interesting romance RP for that!

Anyway, how opposed are you to making a friend with a curious Sin'dorei by the name of Erida who might or might not disappear suddenly, die abruptly, or be executed when discovered by the guards of Silvermoon?
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
The more the merrier, I'm actually surprised this thread is starting to get some attention.

Anyway UPDATE to the new needs of the Ayares Family.
-Translator/Servant would be great since Tandis only speaks Thalassian.
-Adviser Amdis Ayares returns to the family played by Vrahn.
-A Bodyguard would be great, especially after encountering Trolls in Silvermoon.
-Other stuff I'm not thinking of, oh Lab assistants and other stuff like that since Tandis is a Mage/Warlock.
Tales23 Wrote:The more the merrier, I'm actually surprised this thread is starting to get some attention.

Anyway UPDATE to the new needs of the Ayares Family.
-Translator/Servant would be great since Tandis only speaks Thalassian.
-Adviser Amdis Ayares returns to the family played by Vrahn.
-A Bodyguard would be great, especially after encountering Trolls in Silvermoon.
-Other stuff I'm not thinking of, oh Lab assistants and other stuff like that since Tandis is a Mage/Warlock.

If necessity demands it, I can throw up a bodyguard for you. A role I've always enjoyed, personally.

Edit: Also, that servant romance bit was sort of an offhand joke. Dispense at your leisure.
Great, I always planned my character to be an alchemist-herbalist :) I have a base-story in my head, I don't know, if it can get along with the Arayes family's concept.
The premise behind the Ayares family will eventually lead darker down the road, but that doesn't mean you have to go with it. Inara, Tandis' sister is a perfect example of a defiant member of the family. Tandis' ultimate goal is to re-establish the families power that he held when he was a Blood Mage during the Withdraw Era.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Emeircenth Family Loxmardin 8 1,876 01-20-2015, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  Paulton's Family! Vladdy 1 828 06-27-2014, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Vladdy
  The Dawnsend Family Krilari 6 1,649 03-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  Dead girl LF family Nick 7 1,140 10-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Nick
  Wuvvums' friends, family and foes Wuvvums 15 2,429 05-28-2013, 12:32 PM