The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Forged by fire & light.
Mid day, Stormwind...

A group of children are running at play throughout the city, as they turn a corner in the Dwarven district, the lead children runs into a man and is knocked down. "I'm sorry mister! I didn't see where I was going.." the child shouted quickly, obviously worried he would get punished. The man laughed and knelt down to help the child up and smiled at the group of children.

"No harm done little one, just be more careful around here, lots of forges, gnomish devices and people moving about." He said handling a bit of bread to each child. Looking at the quality of their clothing, it was obvious the children were living on the street, most likely orphans of war. The man stood up and brushed the dirt off of his knees "Do you have a home?" he asked tilting his head looking concerned.

"No..no sir, my parents have died in the war." the first child stuttered out nervously eating the bread.

"So were mine when I was about your age..." the man said with a look of pain in his eyes. "I tell you what, go down to the chapel district tomorrow about mid day, you should see an elderly man there with a group of children. His name is Roderick and if you tell him that Leshok sent you he may just take you in." the man calling himself Leshok said with a smile. As he walked off Leshok looked back over his shoulder wishing he could do more for the children, more for Stormwind, yet knowing his limitations as just one man.

His own life had been torn asunder years ago, burned in the fires of war. If it wasn't for Roderick showing him the ways of the light he would probably have turned into just another petty thief in the streets. Purposefully walking towards an unattended set of forge and anvil he said to himself "Like steel, when we are put through the fire we can come out stronger."
The door to the room at the inn swung shut as Leshok threw aside his singed and dirty clothes before collapsing to the bed and holding the bruise on the side of his head. An arena fight held by Orcish outriders? He could hardly believe he had actually participated and walked away. The greatest humor was not losing in the Orcish tournament, but that he lost to a eccentric gnome in a mechanical suit!

With a sigh Leshok rolled on his bad and stared at the ceiling in thought. Then there was the dwarves, inviting him on their crusade against evil, dead, and warlocks... That should be exactly the thing a Paladin goes for, but something about these mountain dwellers felt foul to Leshok, their words to filled with war and hate. He would have to decline their offer, as while they spoke of good intentions he could all but smell the blood upon the dwarves.

Finally there was Mowg..the first Orc Leshok had actually met and he was a man of honor and understanding. The two discussed honor, ancestors, the light, war and politics for hours while the fights continued below. Leshok could now see what Roderick meant when he said to judge only by his own heart and not the story and rumors others bring to his ear. With a sigh the young and weary paladin drifted off to sleep, thinking of war mongering dwarves, honorable orcs, and an older paladin winning the tournament with a bullet wound in his shoulder.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Light Casts a Shadow ImagenAshyun 17 3,697 02-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  A Tale of Fire Jason 1 905 05-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Jason
  Secrets of the Light Norael 2 858 01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Norael
  The Light Falls on a Cold Wind Zenethen 0 832 09-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Birth by Fire Kage 5 1,222 08-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Ruibarra