The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Spammery
[justify]Greetings.

I am that whiny girl who keeps on commenting on anything only she does it nicely Lynoa. And I'd love to point out that white-named people (also known as bots) have recently begun spamming our channels. Oh, nothing bad, but the trend does increase.

Could it be made possible that non-members could be restricted from posting in other forums than the Introduction one, thought allowed to browse the other regular forums? This would avoid GM work by removing those topics, and also possibly stop a birthing stream of spam.

Thankies! <3

Do you live my subversive ways? Erm..I has cookies <3[/justify]
White named people can access General, some technical thing and the Information, News and Introduction forums. We do need them to access these just in case they have any questions or require help on something.
They oddly can post in Off Topic, ya' know.

Why not making a forum specifically for their questions?
Personally, I don't really see the hassle. Sure it's a minor adjustment, but I haven't seen that many bots actually posting threads, and there's always the report button.

It's not like their spamming and flaming all over the place. ^^ But regarding the technical stuff, I do have to agree with Bountyhunter.
It's not like it shatters the forums every time they post. >.>
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
From experience I'm afraid it turns out in a massive "bot attack", that's why I'd advocate taking precaucious steps.

Better safe than sorry.
It's strange that they can get past the various bot-registration-preventions so easily. I even put in WoW-specific ones. Perhaps I should try putting in something obscure, like "What is the fourth and fifth letter in the word 'Earthshaker'?"
Foolishness, I say.

(Posted via my phone)
It could be possible that... they're not all bots?

Perhaps there's some guy on the other end of these advertisements?

I imagine someone getting paid to sit at a computer for an hour as it randomly sends him to sign up for forums, then post an advertisement in a threat. And repeat.

Edit: ... Sorry. I was just... yeah. Throwing out ideas! As unlikely as they are!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.