The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Help from a smart someone required!
So... I thought about making an undead hunter ( Tauren; Night elf; Blood elf etc.) but a GM told me only humans can be undead (forsaken) and the other races can be DKs (undead) but not undead hunters...

Oh and also that a high elf hunter would be strictly forbiden or something like that... Now why would it be impossible to be an undead hunter on a server were everyone pretends to be everything they can think of is beyond my understanding but whatever...

The point is I need the help of someone with the authority to allow an undead hunter (wich is very possible in cataclysm btw... )

Ty for reading, hugs ^^.
If a GM denied it, then it's denied, period.
It's never been a problem to create a character and imagine him to be a class not available in game but in lore, say a dwarf mage, human/Forsaken hunter. Just make a Forsaken warrior and give him a gun or bow, ta-da! A Forsaken hunter, hehe.

I can't say for sure but I think what the GM reacted to was using a tauren, night elf or such and say that they are undead, while it's not impossile in Lore I do believe they are more rare. However, in the past we have had people play blood elves and even a night elf and say that they were undead. Though I would suggest coming up with a good background before trying either of that, and even then it might be good to really talk with a GM to get clarifiction, it might be that rules have been changed.

While playing high elves are not allowed at all, playing a Forsaken elf will mean that your elf once was high elven, though that is true for all blood elves too, hehe.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

You could play a death knight that hunts animals like a hunter.
Ty for being so fast ^^ I thought of that too but I want the hunter pet and skills you know... And after all this rule is at least outdated and it's not working anyway. Even the one about high elf undead like Nostra said...

I thought someone would understand that and change things. Not for me but for all who would like to try an undead hunter or druid or whatever the forsaken can't be or an undead that is't rotten :D
It seems like the only possible way to do this would be to use Wuvvum's idea, a Death Knight who hunts animals. I don't believe you'd be able to play an undead x with the skillset and all. If the GM said no, it's no.

Also, out of curiosity, what rule is outdated and not working?
From everything I've read, Conquest seems to still be strict on what they allow and don't allow. I don't know how this translates to a rule being outdated and "not working".
Don't be offended by my avatar. It's not intended to be a handicap sticker, but a man with a gigantic butt.
DiesUltime Wrote:From everything I've read, Conquest seems to still be strict on what they allow and don't allow. I don't know how this translates to a rule being outdated and "not working".

Well :D. A GM said they only allow undead DKs and humans (forsaken) and of course I assume this is one of the rules arround here. But not allowing something for the sake of not allowing it might not be a good idea...

At the moment I think of those who said before cataclysm "Argh UNDEAD CAN'T HAVE PETS" for example. Pointless rules for the sake of having rules.

Anyway as the point of all this is to kill the rule according to wich hunters (for example) can't be undead :D.
Well, it's their server. The rules are tailored to their liking, and without provinding a -reason- that it's a bad idea beyond saying that it's a bad idea really doesn't help your case any. The reason Conquest seems to keep to this standard looks to me to be because they wish to follow lore as well as the boundries set by Blizzard as close as possible. What this means is that if an undead cannot be the class of a hunter on retail, then they wouldn't allow it here -without- good reason.

To put it plainly, I'm pretty positive that if you could convey your case in a better, more pro-active manner than saying "Well that's a bad rule because I say so!" and actually wrote something that was believable, and provided them with something to go on... then you'd probably be able to discuss the possiblilites more in-depth.

But right now, I can see why they'd outright tell you no.
Don't be offended by my avatar. It's not intended to be a handicap sticker, but a man with a gigantic butt.
Quote "The reason Conquest seems to keep to this standard looks to me to be because they wish to follow lore as well as the boundries set by Blizzard as close as possible." unquote.

:(( Blizzard allows undead hunters mate...

Besides I don't think the GMs actually really support not having undead hunters at the moment. I actually think they forgot to change the rules that became outdated... wich is why i bring this to their attention.
Just because Blizzard allows something in Cata doesn't mean we should allow it in Wrath. Makes sense personally to keep Cata race/class combinations out of Wrath; there are reasons for the combinations come Cata, but the lore brhind those doesn't take place until then. Which is why (I think) the GM team is wary of approving ideas involving anything Cata.

Also, High Elf Forsaken (brought up earlier in the thread) were decided against ages ago. Not worth digging up old arguments, honestly.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Right, and this isn't a Cata server. Where have you seen anyplace that this sort of thing is outdated? What are your sources?
muhaha8 Wrote:Just because Blizzard allows something in Cata doesn't mean we should allow it in Wrath. Makes sense personally to keep Cata race/class combinations out of Wrath; there are reasons for the combinations come Cata, but the lore brhind those doesn't take place until then. Which is why (I think) the GM team is wary of approving ideas involving anything Cata.

Also, High Elf Forsaken (brought up earlier in the thread) were decided against ages ago. Not worth digging up old arguments, honestly.

Are you sure? Many races and classes were resurrected as undead to fight for the scourge... When you do the DK quests for example there's a huge group of undead archers fighting for them... Also I think it is worth it because more possibilities will translate into more players wich is allways good :D.

By the way, when you read this do it with an open mind not wit a reply like " If the GM said it's true then it's true "... The GM I talked to just told me about the rules and he also agreed with my idea of posting a special character profile... But perhaps it would be better to change things a bit...
After all why not? We do allow resurrections but as far as I know a resurrected person is undead... (you put back the soul in the dead body). If it was not this way many lore characters that died would have been ressurected...
DiesUltime Wrote:Right, and this isn't a Cata server. Where have you seen anyplace that this sort of thing is outdated? What are your sources?

Another point that should be made: outdated is a question of opinion. Just because you think something is doesn't mean others agree.

And no, ressurrection does not equal undeath, unless they are revived via Necromancy. As for the Scourge archers, they are simply that: archers. As well as Skeletal archers. They aren't something that would likely ever be playable, regardless, because they are Scourge, an unplayable faction. Again, even if one were able to play one, they are nothing like a hunter.

As for an open mind? I came in with one. My opinion now is just let it be. If you want to be a Forsaken Hunter, just wait until Cataclysm.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Well I hope the GMs will take this into consideration...

By the way Arthas is dead and Deathwing is comming that's why I call it outdated. Anyway many hunters were killed and resurrected as undead and now undead hunters are allowed. So I think lore wise there's no reason not to allow an undead hunter... A former living hunter could be a hunter in undeath too after all...

Also why would a former high elf undead now be a problem when blood elves are former high elfs like a comment above stated?

Let's see what the GMs think about a change too :D. The others are wellcome to speack theyr minds too btw :D.

And one more thing... I may be wrong but It seems the negative coments come from a fear of change... There is no reason to be afraid of this... after all you can still play just like before... You will just see more undead arround that's all :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  are TBC patches required? SXEconnorSXE 5 1,204 10-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Kretol