The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rigley: The GM
I know I have a thread already, but this one is being specific.

Actually, let's get even more specific that the title: I want feedback on my latest events. There haven't been many yet, but I'm trying to figure out a good pace and somesuch. As of late I've had:

-Defense of Grom'gol
-Zombies and Orcs at the Rebel Camp
-Saving Darkshire from a Zombie Horde
-Saving Darkshire from a Zombie Horde Part 2: The Trolling

Do you like those names? I made them myself.

Bottom line is I never was really great with events, thus my wrangling of others to help run combat as I dawdle about puppetting and emoting. While these events may all seem small and rather unimportant for characters, that's... Kinda cause they are. But! I'm working towards getting something decent ready, and that's the point of this thread. Ideally I'm working towards finally getting the plotline for Mimiron's Anchorage going, a nightmare I've had looming over me since I built the thing and stumbled into a month long break from the server.

So yeah.

Also include feedback on GMing in general, but event feedback is <3.
I found that your events were pretty fun, personally. You have a knack for storylines, I think. My only complaint, really, was the Deus Ex Machina with the paladins in the Rebel Camp event, but I've had fun in every event that I've been in. Keep doing more like them, please!

I'd also like to add, one of the things I really liked about the events was how the characters felt like they were actually being noticed by the NPCs, as opposed to just kind of being there while the NPCs ranted at them.
Quote:While these events may all seem small and rather unimportant for characters, that's... Kinda cause they are.

And what's wrong with that?

A lot of things in life are small and unimportant. There is nothing wrong with holding events regarding minor things.

Regardless, keep up the good work man.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Rigley, you need to need to give yourself more credit before I smack you so hard your goggles will spin!

You're events are great! You KNOW how I feel about them. You KNOW that I love your rps, and that I will always bug ya for more Ooran's dream rps. They were so much fun! You created a great, haunting atmosphere (even in the desert in mid-day). And the fact that it had little puzzles and challenges...it really put the GAME back in RPG. I got this whole horror survival feeling...maybe because you took away our weapons and left us no way to defend ourselves :P But damn, that's what made it fun! I really hope to see more of it!...So..Get cracking, you!

But yes...that is my feedback of your event making.
Hmm, well let's see, I've only attended one of those events, and have talked personally with another friend about a different one.

I personally enjoy a few elements within how you run your events. The first is, you mostly have an organized 'helper', I say helper because there's always two people that seem to work well in sync and make the event speedy.

The next part is I like, how one person is rolling against people, while you emote. And/or vice versa. The roll system changes due to effects placed upon the character, or how you affect the mobs you're fighting. Which I personally enjoy greatly, and wish all events ran by anyone implemented something similar.

The event also had to keep my interactive while on Relon, deciding on what and where I should attack. Who. All very intense almost, I personally myself would give you a bunch of thumbs up. They may be meaningless to what you see, but certain things can impact character development, and who your person meets. Like, last night was the second time Aroes' character had accidentally caught Relon in a spell. That in turn will produce more roleplay between Relon and Aroes next time they'd meet icly. Same for everyone else.

Well I think that's my two cents, I could probably type more. Buuuut, I g2g. So all in all, I quite enjoyed the event, that I took part in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (W)Rigley's Winter Writing Rigley 3 870 12-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos