The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Well, I'm gone
SEE PAGE 2
Awww..... I love our little arguments. Where will I go to argue now?

But anyhow; I'm glad to see that you're taking a while to cool off instead of taking drastic measures. Have a nice break, and we'll see you in a week or two.
See you back soon, Danalthar! Taking time off is always a better choice than exploding and getting banned. Take your time, chill, and remember that the RP invitation with Aulten and Sasha always stands open.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
D:

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSYPnllFx8[/youtube]

Who am I supposed to get into shenanigans with now?
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
Keep going.
GL with your break, Danalthar(or whatever you say)
Greetings,

-Poke!-

I have to say that I agree quite entirely on your first point about the resurrection and such. I have always wondered why, if resurrection can so easily be carried out by any generic priests, that we don't just resurrect entire armies, all the great heroes and maybe the entire Lordaeron Kingdom after the Third War for ze lulz! I am quite certain that Lothar, Champion of the Alliance, with thousands of priests who would volunteer to kneel before his corpse for an entire week channeling Light energy inexorably into it for resurrection. . .Well, you get my point. Nonetheless, there is this Story VS OOC issue that simply prevents much strictening of the resurrection shenanigans past some feedbacks on realistic and proper drawbacks. Because without said resurrection for the players, CoTH would be full of little, green turtles! . . .not that I have anything against turtles. Hm, come to think of it, it might solve the whole character warning thing if resurrection is nigh impossible; nobody would ever dare issue any!

On the other hand, I would disagree with you on the point about the stricter character profiles and such. We as a player base owe enough to the GMs already to give them this trust for them to do what is best for the server in my humble opinion, and really, after all that they have done for us out of their free time, I really think they deserve this minimal iota of trust to do what is right. I am quite certain that every profiles were seriously considered over before being approved, evident especially if you see the amount of feedbacks and the likes that the GMs give to nudge profiles onto the right track. All in all, freedom encourages creativity, boundaries stifle creativity, so I think the current method is quite fine indeed. In all fairness, its really hard to judge or explain why this player can have a female druid/shadow priest Draenei and that player cannot, or why said precedent does not apply it's logic to another player. -How- can they tighten? Ban all female druids from now on? Thats pretty unrealistic and pointless; I personally see zero to no issues with them. Heh, the GMs are great, why. . .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ ! Wait. . .what?

Onto a final point, then. I understand and can empathize with you entirely on how irritating it is when people does not conform to the lore, but nonetheless, there really isn't any point talking about other people breaking a rule when one breaks the first and most important rule of the server. Respect others. Respect their opinions. Respect their ideas. Respect their evil Draeneis. Respect their individualistic rights to their freedom of thoughts and ability to think out of the box. Its really just a moderation of tone and such, with the sporadic comedic relief for the lulz! Try to write your posts with cheerful, little bunnies in your mind and a fluffy, cuddly cat on your lap, and all's well that ends well!

Zis ees ze concluzen, I lurve my roleplays wif u. <3. 'ope t'at yer be back soon, laddie! And I would like to add in with all seriousness a "Thank you very much for your time in reading my post and your attention, and I wish you a joyous and merry 2011. Have a nice day!"

Rest well, and buy a cat. Cats always help with emotions. They make you so absolutely horribly insane that you commit suicide and loses all said emotions. Wait a minute. . .Oh no, they can read minds too; I can hear mine knocking on my bedroom's door. Gotta run. Might not survive.

Yours sincerely,
Zarquon
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
I think calling out Gecko is a bad idea man. It's pretty rude to call someone a lorefail, especially when it's a character that's already been approved and even supported by GMs.

Other than that, take care. It's good to step back when you feel you need to.

Edit: Also, I think there is such a thing as going too far with lore. I mean, I don't know if you guys know this, but this particular server is the butt of a lot of jokes for thinking that it's the best think since bread when it comes to that sort of thing, when -really- all roleplay is about having fun. Most people don't feel the need to learn the lore of a fantasy world based on nothing set in any sort of realism.

Roleplay is a form of entertainment, not a serious study of any sort, nor a Mensa grading scale for super geniuses, even though people from Mensa do roleplay. If you really are that annoyed by something that isn't real.. then yes, it's way beyond time to take a break and say "Is it -really- this neccissary for me to be rude to others over something that doesn't exist?".

Think about it! In all sincerity, I want you to try and think about how you feel on this stuff.
Don't be offended by my avatar. It's not intended to be a handicap sticker, but a man with a gigantic butt.
I really don't know what to say. I haven't done anything to you. I had hoped we could reach reconciliation on this matter, and I thought it was over. But...really, you're making a parting shot at me and several others in an absence thread? You criticize the GM's leniency, then a few paragraphs later say they've done a great job and you love them forever.

You wish we could impose limits on slightly unusual race and class combinations; enforce the strictest interpretation of lore as though it is law, to be given priority over the purpose of this server. This is entertainment. It is escapism.

It's just a game, we should really just relax.

To be entirely honest, your post hurt. I admit to feeling petty about this. I feel like a child, in fact, to admit this--but your post did hurt. Just because I argue doesn't mean you're not getting through to me. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I hate you, or that I think you're stupid, or that I don't consider you to be on equal footing with myself. I legitimately wish that I could bring myself to simply blow this off, have a chuckle, and continue what I was doing all along, but it sucks.

I hope you find what you're looking for. I hope you can come back and that this server will live up to your scrutinies. I hope you can be happy.
Go in peace.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
Keep goin'.
I have to say one thing about lore adherance. It seems to me that we've delved into a war, with people who want amazingly lax lore policy on one side, and strict lore adherance on the other. Nothing's going to get done unless we try to meet in the middle. I've made my argument before: lore is just a guideline, in my opinion. Not every last detail of something needs to fit it. If something doesn't exist in lore, specifically, but two components of it do, think of a msthod and a storyline to combine them together and create what you want. I've done it before, and would likely do it again if I have to. For both sides, such a theory should appeal. Lax lore people still get their ability to change things, to an extent, whilst lore adhering people still get their adherance, to an extent.

Just my two bits, for what it's worth.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Calling out individuals in the OP was not terribly tactful of you.

Taking into account how your post has affected those you had the audacity to call out publicly rather than PMing or otherwise resolving issues, and citing the first rule of the server, I will ask you now to edit the OP and remove the sections where you called folks out before I edit them out myself.

I will also note that for someone who is so adamant about not getting banned, you're certainly very inflammatory towards others.

Enjoy your absence, by the way. Perhaps you will return in a better frame of mind.
Simpl yy because I want to get out my thoughts concerning ressurection.

The reason why characters such as Grom are.not ressurected is because such ressurection would be very hard to accomplish. I mean his soul was probably wrecked my Mannoroth when he did his heroic sacrifice!

Meanwhile, Lothar has probably been dead long enough where a ressurection is impossible.

And finally, sometimes you simply dont ressurect someone out of respect.

Oh. Teranis had his soul sucked out by Frostmourne. Ressurection is pretty much impossible th here.

And... Sometimes a soul is simply too old/weary for a ressurectio!

Regardless. Enjoy the break Danalthar!

(Posted vi ca iPAD. Its a nightmare!)
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Uhh. Yeah, don't CoTH on me bro is exactly what I was refering to. Wait, were you saying it to me, or...?

*Confused*

Edit: Also, there is a huge, -huge- difference between sharing your opinion, and then going out of your way to be rude to someone, which is pretty much disregarding the first rule of CoTh completely. I could understand if you were -constructive- with the way you've talked to this person, and actually tried to help them out by listening to their defenses of their RP style and helped them acclaimate a little better, but instead you've stooped down to name calling, which, in my opinion, is childish. I think you could turn around, and justify it however you please, but really what it boils down to is that you need a break, which you even admit may be mandatory.

But then again, I get the idea you don't think you need one, and it feels like you're saying you're forced to come to this conclusion, which you are most certainly not. You have a choice in how you treat people, you can take a while to say "Do I want to post that? Or is it harmful?", and you can also use a bit of tact in how you respond to those that are trying to give you help, which is what you claim you are doing to those you call out... even though most of it doesn't offer anything beyond you saying "You're failing at lore".

Part of the reason CoTH has the wrap it does, and even the -reason- behind the creation of "Don't CoTH on me bro" is because there are some unrealistic expectations of people from other people. Whether or not you mean it in the "You're a catgirl" sense, or the "I'm a dwarf smoking a cigarette" sense, you're really missing the point... which is that 'lore' is a double edged sword. You can either be decent with your knowledge, or go -beyond- that into the category of just trying to put anyone down for not flollowing you're percieved logic, which is unhealthy to say the least.
Don't be offended by my avatar. It's not intended to be a handicap sticker, but a man with a gigantic butt.
Something about the idea of people raging over posts that call them out amuses me, it may be because the fact most if not all people would do the same in their shoes, but will deny it either way. Still, have a nice break or whatever, don't let no green names bite you none.