The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Interesting enough to keep this going?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
80.00%
4 80.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Unbiased
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Memoirs and thoughts of an Infantry Commander
Entry 1; Gavond Silverstone, 6th T.F. Commander

I've been foolish. I thought myself capable of much more than.. than what? I hardly know what's going on, even within my own ranks. I'm moving too fast, I can't help but think that I'm losing the trust of those I thought had unshaking loyalty. I've noticed that a once-tight militant unit has begun to deteriorate and crumble. Order is not what it used to be, discipline is out of whack. It seems that wearing the patch of the 6th no longer gives a sense of pride. It matters not, I suppose. Time has a way of healing everything, I suppose.

Recruits are my goal. More recruits means more respect, more power. Having many in numbers will raise the overall morale of the 6th. And God knows we need it. I started this unit -with permission- as a special forces tactical brigade that would select recruits at random. Adventurers, people with little to no military knowledge. It was ragtag at first, but the numbers began to grow. The rate was impressive, I didn't think it was going to stop so suddenly. I handed out officer positions, giving certain soldiers responsibilities and privileges that they might not have been ready for. We carried ourselves well at first. I could see that we respected ourselves, and that citizens outside of the Force showed due respect. It all was fanning out so nicely. But then..... but then what?!

I don't understand what went wrong. Maybe it was the halt of recruits. All of a sudden, people stopped signing up. Even enlistment campaigns would get one or two stray adventurers, and that was it. The Force started to lose faith in their Commander. I didn't want to let them down. I hardly know some of them, I feel as if I could do more to get to know them. But that isn't military fashion at all. I'm supposed to oversee, not babysit. They're all adults, they can handle themselves. But am I right in assuming this? Can they take care of themselves? We were as close knit as a family, but then we.. fell apart? It might have been that silly marriage thing with Rourke. The snake! He was like a brother, but he said that he would readily leave the 6th if his mate so wished it. That's hardly the loyalty needed by a staunch and well-organised military unit. It matters little now. That's the past. But what of some of the others?

Sergeant Kylianne.. She's a looker, but she confuses me to point of awe sometimes. Her tactics are unorthodox. I've got a gut feeling that she's only an act. That she's not 100 percent for the Force. Ulterior motives? Maybe. I know she's got no problem with spending an officer's coin. But is that necessarily a bad thing? Only time will tell. I must admit, I've tried to bed the woman. Or at least, started to try. But now I'm not so sure. She might run off at the last moment. She seems like a runner. I question her skill with a blade. She seems to have little combat efficiency. She might have been--- Ah, no bother in writing that out. No telling who'd find this. I want to keep Kyl around, bottom line.

I haven't got much more time to write, so I'll conclude this piece. Untill next time, pages.

~ Comm. G.S
Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder. Therefore, anyone with eyes knows gnomes and taurens are not pretty.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Thoughts Thoradin 0 592 02-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  Kelarria's thoughts and problems. The mind of an awkward girl. Saronsen 2 933 08-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Saronsen
  Kelar's thoughts and feelings. (A diary log) Adam255 1 780 06-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Adam255