The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Off to find the hero of the day...
Dramatic subject line is dramatic.

It's probably fairly obvious that I've been inactive both on the forums and in-game for a while, now. Really, I should have posted this... The week after New Year's. But in case anyone was wondering as to my status, here's the official scoop. Like ice cream, but with more bullet-points and less frozen chocolate chips that are like flavorless pebbles.

Though actually, Cocoa Pebbles would be an awesome topping for ice cream, now that I think about it. But that's neither here nor there.
  • - I'm working on two real-life careers, one being in education and the other in writing. I don't have much time to spare anymore, and honestly, it makes more sense for me to focus on writing a chapter in a book than spend my one or two free hours RPing. It's great writing practice, but doesn't yield anything in the end.

- Um. Okay, actually, bullet-points were kind of a poor decision. That was really the only reason I haven't been and won't be around.

- ... So, how are you? The kids going off to college? How are your thirteen cats or whatever?

I've put in my notice, as it were, and will be going back to Grunt-ship. I hope that in the time I had the opportunity to serve the community, I helped generate some memorable moments for the players. I also hope that my incredible technical ineptitude will be overlooked by the Kret-man. Because good lord I'm stupid about code of any kind. Morse, Hammurabi's... You name it, I will manage to fail horribly at it.

All this being said, I'll probably keep lurking about the forums when I get the chance, and I might even pop onto the server for a moment, if life allows. Feel free to PM me, if the urge strikes.

On a slightly serious note, CotH is an awesome place. It's a great opportunity, and a wonderful location to RP in, but can also be taken too seriously at times. I find that, as with most things, what you put into it is what you'll get out of it; as such, it pays to relax, be considerate, and step away if someone's spewing drama-toxin. It's also important to remember that roleplay is entertainment, first and foremost. If you're not doing it to have fun, then why?

Also, because I feel like it needs to be said... GMs have a really tough job. Checking profiles, alone... Imagine a job where you're supposed to correct papers, but every time you correct one, another three are dumped in your inbox. And two of them are papers you corrected yesterday. Your inbox will never be empty. There will always, always be another ten-thousand papers, no matter how many you correct. While you're correcting papers, you're informed by the paper-writers union that your pace isn't satisfactory. You need to work through the pile faster, and every day, even though it will always be just as tall. And your payment for this job is the ability to go to a different building and answer a customer service hotline for disgruntled people. But while in this building, you're totally allowed to have cool action figures on your desk. All this is during your time off from any real-world school or work you might have.

Yes, it's a volunteer job. Yes, they can quit if they decide they don't want to do it anymore. They don't because they want the server to continue to function, as it has since the dawn of time.* The GMs will always have my respect for the sacrifices they make on behalf of the server and its playerbase. I'll always respect the players who are creative and mindful of the feelings of others. I'll always respect salmon, because man, swimming up a waterfall has to suck. On top of that, they're delicious. I can't say how tasty the GMs or players are, but once I actually play one of my Troll characters, I'll let you know.

In conclusion, that's why it was the best summer vacation ever.

*2007 or so.
[Image: UzMPvzA.gif]
Good luck and have fun!

I love writing even more than I do reading, so I hope your books turn out as you imagine them or even better, in way you never expected. If you ever would want a beta reader or just, I'unno, talk about your book, feel free to poke me.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

It needs to be said, but I heart your avatar and signature cat. Best. Flash. Ever.

I've started school again which affects me very little. But! Great to see you're doing well (Albeit busy) and good to hear from you!
<3
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
It's been awesome knowing you while I did Seraph, and I look foward to your visits.

Much love <3
You know I love you and I hope you do drop back in a few times. ;_;
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxTEV5vpyg[/youtube]

I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU, MAN.
It was a pain to read this because of my broken laptop, but it ws totally worth it.

We'll miss you mate. Draknir may say he's glad to be rid of Surienna, but deep inside his probably bullet-ridden heart, he'll miss her Orc-hatred rants. In other words: Hope life treats you right!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I do not know you, but have fun and good luck getting back !
Farewell, Seraph.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I'm not too sure on the etiquette of this, but I felt a compelling need to tell everyone who posted in this thread that they are the best people. When I create a sloth-shaped rocket that takes every worthwhile person on Earth to a new planet populated entirely by muffins and also other robot-sloth-spaceships, you will all have a place there. I promise.*

Mostly, I'm returning to re-post character profiles and maybe pop on to say hello. PM or whisper me if you'd like to try and set some RP up, though no promises are made. Except the previously promised promise.

So yeah! Hello again, CotH!

*This will probably not happen ever. But still, a man can dream.**

**Unless he's awake and not counting daydreaming.
[Image: UzMPvzA.gif]
And there was much rejoicing!

Welcome back!
Ohai.
Welcome back, Seraphim!
Consider your fangirls screaming in amazement.

Welcome back.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
Sweet, i'm saved from certain death!
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]