The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[GvE] It's Good to be the (evil) King
[Image: edwardscrown.th.jpg]

"The Crown of Power"

Once upon a time in a cave high in the mountains of Arathi there lived a man that had been driven mad by the whispers he heard in his head. Whether they were imagined or divine is of no concern, only to get the point across that this man was quite insane. He lived in this cave meagerly, surviving off the numerous cave fungi and the river that ran through it. In his mind he was the sole guardian of only one possession, an ancient book bound in night blue leather emblazoned with a skull on the front. The man was feral, having lost all remnants of his humanity long ago. The book he guarded was his only comfort. Then along came an archmage...

For whatever reason that day things were just not going right, he had dropped a glass he had been levitating and ruined his best hat when attempting to change it's color. So it only makes sense that on this particular day his teleport spell should malfunction and drop him in the mouth of the cave. As he sat down and enjoyed a bit of wine while recovering his strength he heard a yell from deep within the cave. Upon investigation he was disturbed to find the feral man was trying to pry his own eye out with what looked to be the remains of a once fine soup spoon. This archmage was either very cruel or very righteous as he slayed the wretch outright, a coup de grace really. As he turned to leave a faint magical glimmer caught his eye and the book had found a new reader.

The book appeared to be a lost chronicle of a mysterious artifact known only as the Crown of Power. It appears the item had come into being suddenly several thousand years ago, the first to possess it were the ogres. A particularly brutal ogre warrior seized the crown and used it's magic to enslave no only his clan but all the clans in the surrounding areas. His tiny brain could not fathom magic though...he was only a puppet. Soon enough the tribes managed to break free and overthrow their tyrant. The crown disappeared for a few hundred years and later resurfaced in a tribe of trolls. The high priest was fascinated by the dark magic and, as with the ogres, ruled all the troll tribes with an iron fist. Again this tyrant was overthrown.

Now that the book has found a new owner, complete with clues to finding the pieces of the crown, it's only a matter of time before someone completes it. Those that dwell in darkness have sent out emissaries disguised as peasants to spread false tales of glory about those that have retrieved the crown in the past in an effort to attract the would-be heros of the world. There is only one thing to remember...

"The one who holds the crown rules."

Based on Dragonlance and an attempt to bring back the good vs evil rp. Multiple factions trying for the crown..or are they all just pawns?

EDIT: Before you say anything Rosencrat, I'm sure one of the many people involved will be apporaching Marianna asking for assistance.

As awesome as this sounds, I'm...not exactly sure what's going on or what to expect.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Basically soon Aroes will be informing Anna that Tavren is trying to recreate this artifact. I assume a new group of good guys/old members of the council will be gathered and briefed on the situation. This is a good old fashioned world domination plot right here.

Oh, I see. Now, if only Knock were actually around...
Indeed, hopefully he'll be back soon.

Well, the baddies don't have tavren, so it is fair, kind of.
Aroes is taking Tavren's place in Lost's absence :)

Well it's clear my character for the evil side of this has to be Ara'Gazhi.

... I just need to figure out who I'll help the goody-two-shoes out with.

Arianna? Sindri? Dagrim?

Mundo?

So many choices. I demand aid in this regard.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
ALL OF THEM. At the same time.
Srsly, catfight between Arianna and Anna. And why not Skyfin?
I think Arianna would be disappoint at Aroes lol.

Look.

If Skyfin is somehow approved prior to this whole thing, he would most certainly be my 'good guy'. Definitely. I really want him and his awesomeness to walk the earth, as he brings forth word of the sky to the non believers.

But... I doubt it'll happen!

It looks like it would be Arianna at this point. Though, it depends on what people are involved and who is on what sides.

Ara'Gazhi might team up with the good guys if certain people join the 'evil' team.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Well. Anna's on alright terms with Del and a few other influential sin'dorei. But, I don't want to spam this thread with that.
Ah that reminds me, Lost says that Degoth is to keep an eye on Aroes but otherwise serve him.

Hm. I wonder if that shivarra from Knock's event is still running around...
Hmm... This is amazingly interesting. I may bugger into this somehow.