The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

EPIC ADVENTURE IS KNOCKING!!!
Tired of tavern RP? Tired of Booty Bay? Tired of the same old RP on different days? ME TOO! I blame my ADHD. Anyways, I would like to form a dungeon party. This group of RPers will adventure and RP through dungeons and the different parts of Azeroth in search of an item. This event will consist of a five man/woman party that will band together on this epic adventure. If everything goes according to plan the events should take us to about mid-summer. We will meet once a week for a set amount of time and will progress those characters in that time frame. Should everyone enjoy this idea I will begin recruitment for it. There will be three voting categories, they are as follows.

1.) Shall the party consist of Horde or Alliance players?

2.) What day would be best for those who would like to play?

3.) Should we run two five man parties that link up for the big time events such and raids ect?

For the obvious reasons I hate to put these rules in place, but. I have always been one to encourage getting grunted and posting a good character profile so for this event you MUST be grunted and you MUST have a character profile. In order to get into the dungeons we will require everyone to have the correct gear for doing so and of course being level 80 is a must. Also we will need the proper party make up (Tank, DPS, DPS, DPS, and Healer).

Now! Because I know what everyone is about to say, “But the rules say we cannot get involved in the dungeon storylines!” That is a rule and a good one at that. We will not be claiming victory over the enemies in the dungeons merely killing them to use the environment in which they dwell as a back drop to search for this item that the storyline revolves around. For example, a named NPC in a dungeon will not be that named NPC just a jobber that we will have to face in order to obtain our goal; as far as the big cool bosses go depending on their level of epic-ness we will just say that they “were not there” once again for example in my opinion a party of well-trained individuals should be able to figure out how to fell a dragon. They are everywhere in WoTlK and they are fought many times throughout the storyline. The mobs that I am speaking about are the ones that are special such as Nefarian or King Ymiron. Obviously they will be created into whatever I see fit to add to my storyline. Nefarian a black dragon, King Ymiron a powerful general or guardian of an object ect… bottom line to this is, I'm tired of the same old stuff.

CoTh is such an awesome place and I would love to expand my RP even further into the epic realm of fantasy adventure. If you like this idea post and vote on the questions. And by all means I accept any advice/criticism I get, so feel free to fire away. This event will only be excepting between 5-10 players including myself so if you want to join post quickly. Should this get positive feedback I will post the actual RP post in the storylines forum so we can get it going. Once again if you have not been grunted “GET” grunted. If you don't have a character profile “GET” one and let the adventures begin!
[Image: 15.jpg]
It's dangerous to go alone.

*Hands Grog a flame shield*

Take this.

I... I dunno. ICly, a lot of these dungeons have been cleared out. And... I'm not sure about dragons.

But I suppose that's the conservative lurking within my mind?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Dragons... That is a standard no-no. Even the Bloodsworn, with SHAKAAR, even, couldn't take down a Black Drake. Not to mention that when they are killed, they have a terribly negatively adverse affect on everything around it. As for the dungeons, there are plenty of non-dungeon places that it can be done in. It doesn't have to be in a dungeon, unless you're fine with being phased, and calling it somewhere else.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Maybe not an ancient wyrm or old dragon, but a (very?) young one probably can be overpowered. And worse come to worse there is always the armored knight protected by faith and valor wielding a single sword facing by his lonesome against a colossal dragon. . .

Anyway, I do have a healer for this. Alliance though, and my preferred day would probably be saturday.
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
Thank you all, feedback is always appreciated. And as I said in my post the super over powered stuff is obviously a no no that much is a no brainer. I was using examples in the post, that doesn't mean we are going to go rofl stomp a baby drake. I have always like dungeon crawling and there are alot of sweet dungeons that like I said I would love to use as a back drop. Hence even though they were cleared ICly it would obviously be another place at another location with other occupants having to do with my storyline. Also Zarquon I have taken your vote and role down, I will give people a full week to vote and comment before I tally the score and release the story. All are welcome just remember only 5-10 will make the cut, also be sure to vot on all three questions. Thank you again.
Hey, I can stick Niand (nelf rogue) in this. Maybe.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Aww snap the zilla wants in xP haha. Gotcha down.
I might have a character for this.

1) Alliance
2) Saturday seems to be the best choice.
3) Two parties, it's better to involve more people.

The idea is looking great so far, the epicness issue can easily be avoided by saying that those bosses are something else less epic. And if this works out well, perhaps some larger events in 25 man dungeons could be done.
If we're going alliance, I have a healer in mind.

Calia, Ex-Scarlet Crusader. Already level 80 too!
A suggestion would be not to make the cravings that you have to be a grunt to attend. Alot of great RP'ers around are still peons (Like LostStranger) and have been too lazy to get gruntified. Just my two cents.
Jurkey Wrote:A suggestion would be not to make the cravings that you have to be a grunt to attend. Alot of great RP'ers around are still peons (Like LostStranger) and have been too lazy to get gruntified. Just my two cents.

Yes, but then they may not be able to enter some of the dungeons Grogloki has in mind.
Soo.. When is this happening?

And I guess I'll vote..

1) Alliance.
2) I'm pretty open any day, unless something randomly comes up.
3) Yes, two group of five that each have a DM. That way, people can be more active in each fight, instead of waiting 9 other people to go only for your action to fail/miss.
Okay. I will post later this week about the further progression of this idea. I will begin a search for a second DM and the actual IC-storyline post should be up for you all to see monday. Please continue to vote and throw your name into the hat should you wish to participate. Thanks again for all the feedback guys it is appreciated.
1) Alliance
2) Saturdays
3) 2 groups,

And Hektor ( Human Warrior ) Would be my most likely character to want to join.
I'm a saint in sinner's eyes.
*Shrug*

If you ever need a second DM, and I happen to be online at the moment, I'm generally game for helping others with events,so long as they tell me their roll system.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Companion for Adventure! Zenethen 11 1,628 06-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Rowgen