The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Teachings of the Past
The Sundering taught the Kaldorei many things. The most prominent lesson we learned was the danger of Arcane magic. It was outlawed in our lands and the Highborne were exiled because of its effects. The Well of Eternity, a source of magic, was the catalyst for the Burning Legion attacking Azeroth. Its explosion destroyed more than half of Azeroth's landmass. It is addictive and corrupting and it should be forbidden altogether. Not to mention fel magic's effects on the mind and body. Need I mention Satyr, Fel-sworn, Demon Hunters and warlocks? No matter one's reasons behind using Fel magic, one descends into evil and madness along the way. Fel magic is corrupted arcane magic, which is already corrupting. The Blood Elves' society was broken and reformed with the destruction of the sunwell, on which they so depended. Magic destroys lives, societies, honor, and sanity. Yet despite all this, the younger races of the world use arcane at an ever increasing rate. I fear that we may face a second Sundering if we allow this to continue. It is the duty of the Kaldorei to step in, and stop the younger races from-

“Oi, Sadronniel, we're here. Get out o' ye'r cabin.”
The Night Elf looked up from the journal, blinking at her dimly lit room.

“Understood captain, I'll be just a moment.”
She echoed in return. She took a moment to write the last sentence of her journal entry.

-destroying themselves. If we cannot hold to this duty, we will suffer the consequences.

Sadronniel put away her journal and made her way above deck. It was almost evening, so she would have to find her way indoors soon. Holding the sun out of her eyes, she turned and looked out at Booty Bay. She made her way off the boat, and across the docks.

“This will take some getting used to. Hopefully there are not any Troll magi; they would be hard to deal with.”
A short person approached Sadronniel, what she assumed to be a pirate.

“'Ey there, I ain't seen you around these parts.”
He grumbled. He was drunk, and Sadronniel knew it..

“Yes, I suppose I'm new.”
She responded and continued walking, but he followed.

“Want me to sho-“

“Not really, I think I can find my way around.” Sadronniel interjected, she really didn't want anything to do with the man.

“Are you sure?”

“Leave me be drunkard. I can find my way about this port without your help. Go sleep in the gutter.”
Sadronniel spoke harshly, and didn't even look back at the man. She had more important things to do.

“Fine then… Ya prick.”
The man grumbled and made a rude gesture, before wandering off. Sadronniel stopped in front of a tall building, and heard glasses clattering and people singing and chanting. Assuming it was an inn, she smiled.

“My battle begins…”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oph's Quest for the Past Maarten 0 934 09-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Maarten
  Teachings of Bertrand Bouchard. Karunzo 3 1,145 06-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Karunzo
  Bones of the Past [Pyremaster] FlyingSquirrel 14 2,343 09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Wails of the Past Aphetoros 3 835 12-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros