The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Do you want the right lifespans?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
56.25%
9 56.25%
No
43.75%
7 43.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Petition] Official agespan!
As some of you may already know, then the lifespans in our wiki are outdated.
"An earlier lore account claims that night elves achieve adulthood at 110 years and, while no longer immortal, can live to see a second millennium. The Warcraft Encyclopedia also states that "all elves are now mortal and have comparable lifespans that can extend as long as several thousand years"." <- Copied from wowpedia.org.
You can check the first sentence up in Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game book, page 44 and the second one you can find in http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/encyclopedia/339.xml.
You can check them out yourself, if you think I'm pulling those numbers and facts out of my bottom.

Is there anyone who agrees to change the elves' lifespan to what they're supposed to be?
Meow
Ahh, but you must understand, wowpedia states cata lore, where nevles are immortal again, which is not yet our case.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
Nelves aren't immortal in Cata.. o-o?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Yerp they are.
Where'd you hear that?
They are not immortal still. See, the reason why they were even immortal in the first place was because their old World Tree was blessed by each Aspect of the Dragonflights. Now, in Cata, Alexstraza and Ysera have blessed Teldrassil, but they still need the rest of the Dragonflights' blessings to become immortal again (it's been rumored that Kalycgos may become the next Blue Aspect, but doooon't quote me on that). This information I just gave is what you learn when you do all of the Moonwell quests in Teldrassil during Cata.
Characters
------------
Spoiler:
Mika Mistwalker
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." ~James Baldwin

Miruka Moonshroud
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Belaria Arrowthorn
"Few love to hear the sins they love to act." ~William Shakespeare

Sylir Manasworn
"Everything is perfect in the universe, even your desire to improve it." ~Wayne Dyer

Nana'li Flametongue
"There is only one passion, the passion for happiness." ~Denis Diderot

Calanon Sunfeather
"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor." ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Amabael of the Frozen Wind
"Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last." ~Samuel Johnson

Nia Sunstone
"Duty cannot exist without faith." ~Benjamin Disraeli

Arilyn Shadewhisper
"Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death." ~Jean Jacques Rousseau

Gwyneira Porter
"Death is the veil which those who live call life; They sleep, and it is lifted." ~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Ishani
"Peace if possible, but truth at any rate." ~Martin Luther

Azure Palenix
"I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic's heart." ~William Butler Yeats
ACtually if I remember right you're right Flammes, Kalcegos is confirmed to be it, no?

edit: Blizzard has confirmed that Kalecgos will be the new Aspect of Magic.[2]
So then the wiki thing is totally invalid, so ages don't need to change at all.
No it isn't, this is talking about blood elfs and sin'dorei, not night elves. It is not invalid as we don't have the right ages in the first place for it, there fore they should likely be changed since we have such information.
Also, Draenei are confirmed to be immortal in Cata (Or so I've heard from other people). Our 40,000 thing was always arbitrary anyway.
Do lifespans really matter that much anyway? The only time I have ever seen it used is picking an age for your character in the profile.

Most, if not all, of our characters dies of unnatural causes anyway.
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]
CharizardDylan Wrote:Do lifespans really matter that much anyway? The only time I have ever seen it used is picking an age for your character in the profile.

Most, if not all, of our characters dies of unnatural causes anyway.
Profiles are rather important. Plus, it'll end some arguments in Chat and such.
Also, the information was there before Cata was even announced. I once suggested something like this in chat, but never made it into a topic on the forum.

And age matters. Alot.
Meow
http://www.wowpedia.org/Lifespans

There is also information here that could support High/Blood Elves being able to live up to 2000 years (though they also suggest our current age guidelines wouldn't be completely inaccurate, as it seems the "or up to 2000" is not valid in all cases).

Either way; When it comes to "actual" lifespans, it's hard to say just what is "right" and "wrong" when it comes to races surpassing the natural lifespan of other humanoid races. There are so very many factors you need to include, you know. Plus, Blizzard are very fuzzy about these things.

Regardless! This is something to consider. Don't get your hopes up yet, though.

Making changes to the lifespans now would mean that every single Blood Elf profile is inaccurate. It's a grand hassle for everyone, as you probably understand.
There are some High Elves that have lived for 2,000 or so years.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Anasterian_Sunstrider
http://www.wowpedia.org/Dath%27Remar_Sunstrider (He's even speculated to have been alive from the Exile of the Highbourne 'til the invasion of Quel'thalas)

Then again there is also a human who has lived for like 900 years...

http://www.wowpedia.org/Aegwynn

Then I noticed this:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Lifespan#Extendi ... ough_magic

Hope that helps clear up some confusion people have for these weird exceptions in lore.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Murloc Petition Xigo 8 1,612 12-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Last Post: Uguu
  Official thank you thread Etmosril 8 1,182 12-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Spiralin
  Official: Forsaken and the Light Mortiphobia 8 1,274 07-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Piroska
  Official Costume Contest Thread! Qaza 30 4,703 10-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Qaza
  Official "Leaving" Thread Varithos 7 1,468 10-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Krent