The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Draythel`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Mathew and I'm 19. As a player, even since before I actually started RPing about a year ago, I've always been about the social stuff. I practically never play this game alone, I always try to either bring a friend in or make friends. As far as what I enjoy doing for OOC activities, I've never been much of a raider and I'm not a very good pvp'er so that leaves me with er... Questing :D
I love doing the quests, especially some of the awe inspiring quest lines in WOTLK. Another of my favourite pastimes is actually (once I reach level cap or close to) running through Vanilla / TBC raids and dungeons. Since the more recent expansions people generally ignore them and I resent that!

I'll admit to not being the most lore-hungry person on the planet, but I've done a decent amount of reading and I do understand the ties between my character and the lore, how (unless my character is one) my character should be wary of Death Knights and stuff like that in general. As I said before I've been RPing for about a year so I do understand what's required.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the UK (Live in North West Wales but was born in Southeast England)

My primary Language is obviously English, but I am also fluent in Welsh.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I don't even remember if I'm honest with you. I remember buying the battle chest not long after TBC came out, me and my friend used trawl through private servers trying to find one we liked. That's actually how we got into RP... it was kind of strange, we used to sit around fishing and talking ICly when we were bored, without realising that there was an actual community of people that did it. We didn't even realise we were RPing at the time, we were just screwing around.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I wanted to RP. I'd RP'd on some of the retail servers but they all seem to be full of (no offence) children that don't understand the concept of RP, and interrupt good RP by jumping around going "LOL LUK AT DA FREEKS"
So I looked for a private server that's DEDICATED to RP, and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
In the past I've primarily RP'd soldiers and been in the military in general, so it was a mix between the tavern sort of RP and the action sort. (Sounds generic I know)

I did also at one point do some Cult RP where I started a cult of my own dedicated to resurrecting a fallen warlord. That was pretty fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love Paladins if we're talking about OOC play (dungeons and the like) because they're the first class I ever played. I'm pretty much a dedicated tank, and I've always tanked as a paladin because I understand all of the skills and exactly what to do in what situation.

As for RP, I've never really RP'd a paladin properly, my RP tends to be more like warrior RP I suppose. As I said, I've mostly RP'd in a military setting.

What are your expectations of this server?:
They're quite high, to be honest. I'm really looking forward to getting in game and getting going.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one that demands good grammar and spelling. It's one of my pet hates. I don't mind OOC "lol'ing" but it really frustrates me to see people making blatant errors when IC, as well as morons that actually "lol" and "rofl" IC.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I suppose the easiest thing for me to do here is give a short story of one of my characters that I've RP'd in the past.

His name was Arrias and he grew up with his Father, a lumberjack. ((I'll skip the more irrelevant background here and get on with the part that I started to actually play))

One day while running an errand for his Father to Goldshire, he was mugged on his way home. The bandits were clever. They planted a girl lying at the side of the road, appearing to be injured. Arrias the poor sod only walked over to see if she was okay and he was ambushed by a group of bandits. They took everything from him, even his clothes. The bandits laughed at him as they ran away with his possessions, including all the money he had. He returned to Goldshire in search of help.

Upon arriving back at Goldshire, he saw some iron-clad, guard-looking people outside the inn. He immediately approached the one wearing the fanciest armour, who gave him an extremely odd look.

"Where are your clothes, lad?" He asked Arrias.

Arrias immediately looked away, careful not to look the extremely intimidating guard and replied "Bandits, sir. They took it all and ran off toward Westbrook Garrison."

The Guard raised an eyebrow then with one quick shout, rallied his men.

"This man was just mugged!" He roared, looking at each of his soldiers individually, then nodding in Arrias's direction.
"They are now escaping into the forest between here and Westbrook. Keepers of the Alliance, it is your job to keep the citizens safe, now, after them"

And so the Keepers of the Alliance left Goldshire in search of the bandits.

Arrias walked slowly into the inn in the hopes that someone would offer him some clothes or at least some sympathy, which the barmaid offered him gladly. She took him upstairs and fetched him a sack cloth shirt and some dirty trousers that a guest had left behind.

He sat in the Inn, completely unsure of what to do. Should he return home to his Father and tell him the bad news? Or should he not be out there helping to search for those wretched bandits? Yes. That's what he should be doing.

He got up and started to head for the door, but before he could reach it, he heard the clunk of an armoured man dismounting his horse, and the leader of the Keepers of the Alliance entered the Inn.

He looked at Arrias with a grin.

"We got them" He told Arrias. "Two of them are tied up outside, we'll take them over to the Stockade soon."

He beckoned for Arrias to follow him outside, and he did so. On the back of the mans horse was his rucksack. The man took it off the horse and offered it to Arrias.

Arrias smiled at the man and gladly took the bag, checking the contents to make sure it was all there.

He looked around at the band of soldiers that had just saved his belongings and his dignity.

"Honourable men." He said to them. "I am but a humble lumberjack.."

The soldiers looked at him with puzzled looks.
He looked at the leader, and he appeared to understand what was going on.

"Do you have any experience with a blade, lad?"

Arrias beamed at him.

And so Arrias joined the Keepers of the Alliance, an honourable company of soldiers dedicated to keeping the peace in Azeroth and beyond. A company of soldiers that he would eventually lead.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I suppose it would be worth mentioning that before bringing myself in to any actual RP I'd like to just make a little neutral peasant character just to check out how things work on this server. From playing a couple of RP servers on retail I've noticed that each Server has different popular places for RP and just different ways of functioning (some guild oriented, others not)

So it'll be worth me just having a look at how things work before I join in properly.

Thank you for your time!
Hello Draythel! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy