The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Migration[Diary...sort of]
Just a test of my writing skills really. This is a very short writing of Lohtao's recollection of the migration of the Tauren. Written in the first person.
Written by CoTH's own Pokemon Master: CharizardDylan

The air was hot and dry in The Barrens. My mother and I were standing outside with the others. Our leader, Cairne Bloodhoof had gathered all of the Tauren together to begin our journey out of this region. The Centaurs had been deterred by our newfound Orcish allies, but it is still unsafe for us to remain here in The Barrens. The Orcs tell us of the plains to the east, we will be safe from the Centaurs there. We pack our things and begin our migration.

Naturally, we did not expect the Centaur to let us leave peacefully. The bravest Orcish and Tauren warriors are set up on the outside of the group; they are the only thing protecting the women and children from the Centaur raids that are likely to occur. My mother and I are towards the back of the group with our pack kodo. There is mutual feeling of fear, uncertainty, and anger. The Centaur had taken my father and now my home, but there is nothing to be done about it because they outnumber us. The only thing I can do is hope that me and my mother make it through this unharmed.

Hours pass since our journey began and so far it has gone without incident. We rest for a short while, I can hear the conversations of the Tauren around me, everyone sounds terrified. I tell my mother that life will be better for us once we are on the other side of the mountains. Irony has a funny way of coming back at us, just as I finish that sentence I see a Centaur raid charging at us from the East. The warriors create a perimeter around us, and get ready for the incoming attack. My mother and I hide behind our pack kodo and pray to the Earthmother for the strength to overcome. She answers our prayers as the warriors manage to drive off the Centaurs. Unfortunately, several of them did not survive the battle.

We resume our journey, our hearts are heavy with the memories of those who were loss in the raid. We make it over the hills and into the plains of Mulgore. The area is vast and green. I can see hills in the distance and several animals beyond the tree line. The Orcs travel with us until we reach a large lake; it is an ideal location for a settlement. We set up our tents and name the settlement Bloodhoof Village, after our great leader Cairne. We bid farewell to our Orcish friends, we owe them a debt we may never be able to repay. The future is looking bright for our race for the first time in a long time.
END

If you are reading this, I hope you found it enjoyable. If not, sorry to have wasted your time. This was the first story I have written in a long time. [last one was in the 10th grade I believe] and this was more or less to get the story-writing brain juices a flowin'.
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Diary of the Duskrunner - Book II Knock 0 656 10-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Knock
  Elles' diary Maarten 2 1,256 09-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  Diary of a wandering Malo HazelTheNut 0 657 08-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Last Post: HazelTheNut
  Small Victories - Diary of a Peddler. Maulbane 1 1,102 07-31-2013, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Maulbane