The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Should I continue the Story?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No!
44.44%
4 44.44%
Yes, I enjoyed reading.
11.11%
1 11.11%
If you can improve your writing.
22.22%
2 22.22%
Don't care at all...
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Racsos' Story
Racsos Story

Blade's Edge Mountains

"Serve the Mok'nathal, but most of all serve the Horde. Racsos,
my father's father and my father served the Horde when they invaded Azeroth,
I never had the chance. You must serve the Horde so that our family may regain our honor."

This was the last words of Raksah, Racsos father.

[Hours Earlier]

The warhorn sounded as orcish battle cries was heard from the the spike cliffs which Blade's Edge Mountains was known for.
Then came arrows flying from the skies. The Ogres at the outpost was taken by surprice and was not ready for the attack.
Half-Ogres of the Mok'nathal Clan rushed in the open gate of the outpost, the Ogres which had just gotten to arms,
was quickly overwhelmed by the slightly smaller Mok'nathals.
Racsos rushed up the massive tower in the middle of the outpost, behind him came three other felloe Half-Ogres,
all armed to the teeths. As Racsos reached the top of the tower he quickly charged the first Ogre who was waiting for them, driving his axe into the Ogres leg,
it screamed in pain. Then with a powerful second strike to the Ogres rips it fell of the tower, slamming into the ground below. Another Ogre was still ontop of the tower, holding a massive rock above his head,
as expected the Ogre threw it toward Racsos. With a step to the side the rock missed, skidding of the tower floor.
Racsos grinned as he unsheated a smaller axe from his belt, then with a poerful hand movement threw it toward the Ogres head, penetrating the thick skull the Ogre collapsed forward.

"Burn the banners and take any supplies! And take care of the wounded."

Orders was given from below, a massive Half-Ogre, who looked more like an Ogre was in charge.
As Racsos descended from the tower he could see a Mok'nathal lying beneth the rock which fell of the Tower.
He did not expect to find that it was his father, it felt as if his feet was carrying a mountain. He fell on his knees unable to speak any words to his still-alive father.

"Bah, seems like they got me this time Racsos, Heh... It seems like this is where I take a new path. And you walk your own, you must be Strong Racsos."

"Serve the Mok'nathal, but most of all serve the Horde. Racsos, my father's father and my father served the Horde when they invaded Azeroth,
I never had the chance. You must serve the Horde so that our family may regain our honor."
"And keep our people safe, never let these filthy Ogre win, n-never..."

The Journey
Racsos steps was heavy as he left the village he had lived in his whole life, where he grew up... Where he left to fight... Where his grand father was buried.
So many memories he would have to leave behind, perhaps never see again. Now he had to walk out in the world, where his father could not help him anymore.

The Worg Den

He walked throught the forest, toward the south. He knew where he had to go if he wanted to leave Blade's Edge.
He would have to venture into the Worg Den. And at this time of year it would be dangerous,
very dangerous since there was litle food and the worgs would be hungry for meat.
Racsos arrived the den just before night fall, it was already getting dark. He entered one of the many enterances of the den,
the worgs would quickly smell him, but hopefully the darkness would work on his side.
A few houndred yards inside the den, it started to hill downward, this was good a good sign he knew.

"When it starts to hill downward, you're close to Zangarmarsh."

He remember what his old friend had said back in the village, he knew all of Outland like his own pocket.

The Marshes

Racsos could smell the marshes now, it was a compeletly new enviorment for him, the wilderness was wast and the fog revealed litle landscape,
but he continued to travel south-east as he was told to do.
[TO BE CONTINUED]
Hoo-kay. Let's start.

First, we can't play half-ogres on CotH.
For non-custom model characters, we stick to the playable races, except those from cataclysm, of course, since we aren't there yet. For half-ogres, you'd have to require a custom model - Something you can't yet, as it requires Gruntship.

Anywho. As for making a character of the Mok'nathal clan - Good news. It's not impossible for you - Since they're not necessarly half-ogres. Leoroxx implies that the Mok'nathal is a philosophy, not a birthright. That doesn't mean, however, that trying to make a Mok'nathal character would be suggested. Hardly a lot is known about them, meaning you wouldn't have anything to write at all - and considering everyone has a past, if you don't know about it, you can't commit it to paper, even if it's a digital one.

I'd suggest checking CotH's guide section for tips on character and character profile making along with WoW Wiki and CotH wiki for most of your lore, profile, character, and server related needs.

What else? While I'm at it, I might as well throw in to check out the rules and policies, just to be sure. That's all I can think of. Good luck and here's a little something to cheer you on! (If you like that, that is.)

(I read your introduction where you expressed wish to play a half-ogre, and considering your forum name and the name of the main character of this storyline, I figured I could drop this advice here. Wether you can continue this storyline without making the half-ogre character, however, I don't know. I personally don't think there's any issues with it.)
Well roleplaying a Mok'nathal who is a half-ogre won't require me to have the model that Rexxar has, it can easily be done with a normal Orc model.
I know that bringing in something compeletly new into the roleplaying community will make people take distance as they are not sure "if the roleplay is good."
But roleplaying a Mok'nathal (Half-Ogre) can be done easily. A Mok'nathal can be a Brown Orc (Not affected by Fel Blood) but since many Half Ogres was breeded in the First war, I think that roleplaying an Half-Ogre is fully possible.
It's not a matter of possibility, but about rules.
I'm afraid there are rules in place on the server to prevent people from playing characters that would be perceived as lorelol or mary sues.

One of these rules is that we stick to the playable races for RP, other characters that do not fall under this category require a special profile or a custom model submission.

If you really have your heart set on playing a Mok'nathal, I would advise you to do as Uthaniel said and make a custom model application once you are a grunt. This application can provide you with the necessary stuff to convince people you are infact a Mok'Nathal.

I can understand this may seem a bit daunting, but we only mean the best with these rules. Because of these rules, among other things, I believe you'll find that RPing on CotH can be quite a pleasurable experience, atleast it always has been for me. We don't have anyone going around claiming they are a dragondemonvampire for instance.

Anywho, I wish you the best of luck with any future characters and I hope I'll see you around someday in-game! Welcome to the server by the way, maybe this is'nt the warmest of welcomes, but I tried atleast!
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
Back on the server I used to roleplay on we had imagination, isen't it ok to use that here as well? Or do we all have to have perfect custom models before we can roleplay/write stories about our character?
No, they're saying you can't RP a character that isn't allowed normally.
IE No half-ogres.
Those ten races you see at the start? That's what you can RP.
Want to RP a Mok'Nathal? Then you need to get the appropriate approval.
Otherwise, no.
Ofcourse, that is why I've written this short story, and going to write a character profile, hopefully the GMs on the server will approve it.
...They just said you can't RP a half-ogre. We can't RP any half-races.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Quote:Half-bloods are a non-playable race on Conquest of the Horde.

Enjoy and embrace playing a normal, full-blooded character. (Apologies to Forsaken lacking blood.)

Too many half-races are simply entirely improbable because of race relations (even if the parents accept it, the rest of their culture would not), and many of the Warcraft races have an elitist view of the world. An "impure" member of their race would be embarrassing at best, and kill-on-sight at worst.

Yes, there are half-races in the lore. We know. We also point out that they're EXTREMELY rare. It's for a reason. We don't want to cheapen it with dozens of half-races running around.

Source: Here
Better stick to my old RP server then =)
racsos Wrote:Better stick to my old RP server then =)

Or stick to a regular playable character until you fulfill all requirements to be able to apply for a Custom-Model character. Even then there's no guarantee of even playing one, but there's no harm in applying.

Else, submit a little something for the GMs with a sensible request for a Mok'nathal character and it'll be considered. Depending on exactly how and what you want to play, it might pass for a Special Profile (which is significantly easier to get through with than Custom-Model characters).

This really depends, though. If you wish to play elsewhere due to this restriction, I wish you the best of luck. CotH will continue being open if you still seek the RP and possibilities we have to offer here.
No I would rather stick with my old RP server not that I see how this one is, the one I am used to is open and accepts more.
This reminds me of community Russia, if I am to be rather frank.
racsos Wrote:No I would rather stick with my old RP server not that I see how this one is, the one I am used to is open and accepts more.
This reminds me of community Russia, if I am to be rather frank.

I'm sorry, what? As someone who spend 3 years studying communist Russia, what?

Regardless, good luck on that other server. As Lox said, we'll be here if boundless liberty gets stale.
[Image: Soviet_party.png]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jonoth's Story Compendium Jonoth 1 2,730 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  [RG] Story Thus Far... ImagenAshyun 8 2,071 12-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Story for the questionnaire Maarten 0 681 10-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  Septimus' Love Story GeneralDefyre 5 1,603 10-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: GeneralDefyre