The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Looking for powerful demonologists.
Numerous times while talking with other players on my felsworn character, the idea of a felsworn being bound as a warlock's pet has come up. I thought the idea was interesting, so on one occasion I tried it out with a friend's warlock, sadly it didn't last very long, as he seemed to disappear. As such, Id like to put the offer out there to any demonologist warlock's wanting to test themselves, and try binding a felsworn.

How it would work -

The way I see it (Feel free to Pm me if you are interested, and want to offer opposing opinions), the binding of a mortal being, rather than a demon from another plane of existence, would be similar in some ways, and different in others. For starters, when dismissing a normal demon, they are sent back to the twisting nether. For a felsworn, being bound to the mortal plane, I see it that when dismissed, they would be sent back to wherever they were before they were summoned. This is not only convenient, as it stops me essentially having an unusable character if the other warlock happens to be offline, and also allows for convenient relocation to the warlock when "summoned."

To actually bind the felsworn would go in the same manner as displayed in-game, one would have to overpower the demon, before channeling a spell to link it to the warlock, therefore binding it. On this point, it would mean the warlock would have to have some considerable strength to disable a felsworn, even momentarily, as such, no amateur should really attempt it. ( Im not saying people can't -try-, but there is a risk of character injury on doing so unprepared.)

Once bound, the warlock would be able to summon and dismiss, and issue commands. However, demons are known for being temperamental, and the felsworn would be just the same. They have to obey any command given, but, at least for a while, my character will try to find any loophole in commands, so be careful. ^^

Finally, I would hope that the character would actually get some use and interaction out of being bound to a warlock, so if you are the kind of warlock that never actually has a demon summoned IC, then it would not be Ideal.

Here's hoping that there is someone out there who wants to try it, could potentially be some fun RP. :)

Please comment here or PM me if interested. Any opinions or disagreements, if i may request they be PM'd, rather than posted to this topic, only I don't want it to get derailed and flooded with responses that are not actually to do with the request heh.
Ib4 LostStranger volunteers Tavren.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Lol :P
Tread carefully, little Miah. You are entering dangerous lore territory.

I post this here not to go against your desires for an on-topic thread, but rather to point out a large and rather detracting flaw to your main proposition that may cause difficulties to all proceeding people who attempt to take you up on this offer.

There are marked differences between the binding of pure demons and the binding of fel-sworns.

Demons are called forth from the nether using eldritch rituals learned from a warlock trainer. A warlock summons a demon from the Nether either using special rituals or collecting items to tempt the demons into the plane. Once called forth, the Warlock kills the creature and sends their weakened soul into the Twisting Nether.

It is at this time that the person will learn the ways to draw that soul, now weakened, back into the realm of the living and bind it to them. The demon is thusly dependant on the warlock to maintain its form and shape, incapable of surviving without the warlock's magic to fuel it. If the warlock perishes, as does the demon. In this way the Warlock can be considered a permanent anchor to the demon and has complete control over it.

Fel-sworn, on the other hand, are a different creature entirely. In life they reside not in the Nether but the mortal plane. In death, they float, formless, in the Twisting Nether. In this state, ICly, they are too fractured to be lumped together and bound. OOCly, we do not allow players to control another player's 'souls', as this means that they are dependant on a single player's whims on when they can revive or not.

You command Fel-Sworn using Enslave Demon, a temporary spell. The stronger the Fel-Sworn, the more rudimentary the enslaving process must be (A weak Fel-Sworn will be completely submissive for the duration of the spell while a strong one will resist and only obey direct, clear commands like 'Kill him' or "Flee") to keep them indentured.

As for the game mechanics attached to the spell, the more you cast it the weaker it becomes.

The Fel-Sworn obeys the Warlock, but is in no way dependent on the warlock to remain in Azeroth. If the warlock dies then the spell is broken and the Fel-Sworn is freed. There is no complete domination that comes with having control over the Fel-sworn's very soul.

So, in short:

One would not be able to summon and dismiss a Fel-Sworn like a demon.

Any binding of a Fel-Sworn through magical means is only temporary, as the Enslave Demon spell a warlock uses to command them has a limit.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Interesting.

Well then, this may require a rethink, as as you say, the action would only be temporary. Im not gonna close down the offer, as it would still be possible through other means to control said character beyond simply using the spell "enslave demon", but I would leave that up to the warlock attempting this to decide how they would keep control of a likely very angry felsworn once the spell wore off, as repeated use of the spell would be possible, but I imagine it would only take the warlock to, for example, go to sleep for the spell to wear off.

So as I say, if someone wanted to attempt to control the character, Im ok with that, but this adds in another factor, could you ensure that she will not simply kill you or try to escape once you stop focussing on the spell.

The way I expect to play the character is, after a time of being controlled by another, she would take on one of the tendencies of the succubi she reveres, essentially growing obsessive, possessive and dependant on the warlock trying to control her, so eventually, the warlock may not actually need to use magic to keep her from escaping, but rather might need it simply to stop her getting too possessive and dependant.

Thank you for the help Rosencrat. Appreciate the advice.
The above is a-okay in my book!
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Layna could build a shock collar? c:
Haha, that could be interesting.

Anyone interested can always PM me ingame to say so, and we can arrange RP from there :)
Curses, if Cameron was only not affliction based he would gladly attempt this. Then again, considering he works for Mistal, it might not go well.
Your White Sun membership card should come in handy here.

Take your pick of...

Davithian Jonas Winters - NodCommando

Matharias Jonas Winters - Krilari

Tavrenius Aurem White - LostStranger

Ara'Gazhi - Xigo

...And many more!*

These experienced demonologists, darkcasters, and fiends are more than available to assist you whether they like it or not!

*There are also the grand number of Warlocks in the club who aren't individually up to the task, but it's at risk of your life and limb should you approach them.
Ara'Gazhi - Xigo

That could be interesting, actually, hehe.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Haha, im not gonna pick someone. Its RP. What happens IC happens, so people just need to RP if they wanna try :)
Ara'Gazhi - Xigo

This is actually disturbing; we do not exactly know how demons produce more of their own kind, do we? . . .

Hm.
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
As a note, Ara'Gazhi could be a potential ally for Bailey. Try to get in contact with him, he's generally friendly to the cute young aspiring fel-sworn that CotH seems to fester.

PEDOPEDOPEDOPEDOPEDO

But seriously, he helps out other demons. >.>

(And even if demons could reproduce like that, Ara'Gazhi would not. <.<)
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Are you rejecting her, Ara'Gazhi? Are you!?

*Watches as the succubus go insane*

Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned. . .

*Innocent whistlings*
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL