The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Free spells?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
69.57%
16 69.57%
No
13.04%
3 13.04%
Whatchootalkin'boutWillis?
17.39%
4 17.39%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Free Spells. Pretty please?
Now, I know this is a RP server and whatnot, but the fact that spells cost bothers me. I can't solely rely on profiles for gold.

Besides, doing dailies -does- bring in a fair ammount of gold, so less profiles means less work for the GMs, right?

Maybe they could be implemented like the Barber system, they cost gold but do not withdraw it from your inventory, the top a spell will cost is 30 gold.

If it does, or has, made problems with the server, I withdraw my request.
[Image: djuraz.jpg]
I have to agree with this.

It really doesn't bear any relevance to roleplay whether or not you have a skill OOC, but your ability to link certain things for reference is severely inhibited if you can't afford your skills.
I agree...
It would require quite a bit of recoding. And I mean a lot. Those are -a lot- of spells. And this would ultimately be up to the big cheese, because he'd have to spend hours rewriting all of it. The barber was easy to adjust because it's just a few prices you have to change. Skills... are a whole other story, as far as I know. Mind you, that was somewhat just speculation.

This is why you get 3000 gold, if you really want to get all the spells, you still have 1k left over to waste.

I tend to only buy the first levels of the skills. Thus, I have them to use in roleplay, but I don't have to worry about the expensive costs. This ultimately takes about 200 gold away, at most? It's rather productive, I suggest doing it unless you have strong intentions of PvPing or PvEing.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
@Xigo: I believe that Kretol would know how to make a SQL script, because I've done this before myself and iirc, it doesn't take alot of time.
*Shrug*.

I have 0 idea what an SQL strip is! I just moderate and roleplay here! :P
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
This has been asked in the past. There is little point to it. You get 3k from a profile in order to get spells and stuff and then dailies aren't that bad.

Plus, your argument about profiles is null! I quite like doing profiles. Hence; keep them costly, more profile! Omnomnom.
Personally all my profile money goes towards my other toons, annnnd, I never do dailies mainly because I'm a RP fanatic. At the moment the only reason I'll make a profile is because I need money, or I've played the character long enough that I think I can make a profile for it, and be happy with that charactr. /shrug, Making skills not cost a lot of money would be great though. Especially for the people that never do dailies because they hate Questing.

Anyway, just the point I wanted to make is 3k gold isn't enough if you do buy all your skills + epic flying. Then there's none left over for alts, and so forth.
What if I put a cherry on top?
There's a simpler fix, really. Moar goldz from the levelling to 80 quest?
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
... Normally.. I have 1.5k left over from each profiled character. Sometimes even 2k, or 2.2k gold...
I'd ask more for a compromise. How about no cost on skills that would actually help RP. Like for warriors and Paladins, having the plate skill be free and available at 1 so you don't have to either level a character, or buy a bronze token and then buy plate for them.
Gaiaboy10 Wrote:I'd ask more for a compromise. How about no cost on skills that would actually help RP. Like for warriors and Paladins, having the plate skill be free and available at 1 so you don't have to either level a character, or buy a bronze token and then buy plate for them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnomish/Goblin Engineering Passive Spells kindle135 2 1,017 02-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: kindle135
  NPC 189 (5738) - Pretty shirt. Maulbane 0 564 07-26-2013, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Free. Barber. Shop. Please Jurkey 13 2,097 03-29-2011, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Free flightpaths Kenert 8 1,110 03-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Free gold at certain lvls? thegirls 17 2,573 08-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Nevena