The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Prison Event - {Camp 21}
[Image: 2dlqesh.jpg]

"The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.
And the greatest con that he ever pulled was making you believe that he is you."

- Jake Green, Revolver

EVENT OVERVIEW

Supacatio is designed to be month-long enclosed RPing event, much like the Scarlet Crusade and Kidnapped! event chains of the past. Members will engage in combat against hostile elements, all the while trying to fight their way to freedom and eventual escape.

The event is centered around the “The Gang”, a group of fresh prisoners transported to Camp 21 and assigned together on work detail. Within the camp they must survive the hostile inmates and zealous guards. In the end the prisoners must escape the confining walls and strike back to civilization.

Players who wish to participate in the event will submit an application, found below, via PM to Rosencrat. The applications will be either approved or denied, based on the type of character described in the application. Players who are approved to play a member of the Gang will be tasked with rolling a special character for the event. During the event the character must remain within the confines of the jail.

The event is designed to be a kick off for a guild whose core will be composed of the surviving members.

The event is to begin around the beginning of June and run till later in the month.

"Yeah, Camp 21 looks nice when you first walk in. There's no cells. No guards. No nothing. Just an open space where prisoners can walk around and do whatever the f**k they want. And therein lies the problem… "
- Emily Staff, Inmate 52608

In-character this event is designed to be held in Camp 21, a no-cell detention center built into the base of a mountain in The Storm Peaks. The complex, a sprawling series of tunnels and chambers, serves as living quarters, armories, dining halls, latrines and any other service the anarchistic inmates require to subsist in this hostile environment. Inmates move around the area without guard or door, allowed to mill, fight and indulge in their hedonistic desires unguarded and uninhibited.

Originally a Scourge armory, Camp 21 has since been taken over and converted to a detention center by the Argent Crusade. It serves as a place where both the Alliance and Horde can send their undesirables, an oubliette where men and women, soldiers, civilians, hostiles and friendsly can be placed and forgotten while the two factions work to clean up Northrend in the aftermath of the Third War. It has been outfitted with leftover equipment and rations from the war that are no longer needed n the effort.

Out Of Character Camp 21 will be located in the Stormwind Vaults. It will be decorated sparsely, with certain spaces outfitted for certain purposes (Kitchen, fighting rings, mining camp, laboratory etc. etc.)

While no actual ‘guards' will patrol the complex there will the prison itself will have its own ‘security measures' to ensure complacency. Scrying Crystals, much like those found in the Catacombs, will be situated in most hallways and large chambers to observe actions. Magical collars will be placed around the necks of all inmates and magically bonded to them. On a whim, a guard can remotely activate the collars to cause mana-burn or paralysis. The complex itself will have an anti-teleportation ward around it, preventing people from moving in and out through anything but physical means. A single, heavily armored main gate will prevent the latter from happening.

PLAYERS

"Fresh meat!"
"I call dibs on the pretty one in the corner!"

- Various Inmates

There are two types of players for this event: The Gang and The Inmates.

The Gang

The Gang is a group of ‘fresh meat'. They are prisoners and convicts transported to Camp 21 Detention Center to serve Work Detail. The Gang will live, work and eat together. In the end the group will decide how they spend their time in the prison and what their ultimate goals shall be.

To become a member of The Gang OOC you must submit an application to Rosencrat before May 18th. If your application is approved you will be given a spot as one of the sixteen Gang members who will compose the core of the RP event.

The application to be a Gang member is listed below:

Code:
[b]Player Name[/b]:
[b]Intended Character Class[/b]:
[b]Intended Character Race[/b]:
[b]Inmate or Gang?[/b]
[b]Brief Overview of Character's Backstory[/b]:
[b]Brief Overview of Character's Personality[/b]:
[b]Other Comments[/b]:

The character and player, to be approved…
  • Must have a valid reason to be thrown in prison.
  • Must be a new character made specifically for the event.
  • Must be one of the ten playable races and normal classes.
  • Must meet all guidelines and specifications for a normal profile.
  • Must be role-played exclusively through the entire event.
  • Character must have been in Northrend during time of capture.

Characters can play soldiers, merchants, civilians, adventurers, commoners…They can do whatever they wish. Gang back stories must include how they were captured and for what reason. Possible reasons for incarceration are:
  • The Victim is someone who is a peaceful entity in Northrend who has been tricked, wrongfully accused or framed for a grievous crime. The Victim is sent to prison for these crimes.
  • The Lightweight is a true criminal. While in Northrend, they have committed some minor crime and were caught. The crime, however, was too minor to deserve such an extreme punishment. They can either have been framed for bigger crimes by a rival or sent to the prison by some bureaucratic mix-up.
  • The Felon is a true disserving criminal. His or her crimes are deserving of their punishment and they have been rightfully sent to the Camp for their punishment.

The Inmates

Spots are limited in The Gang. As such, those players denied or who choose so can still take part in the event by rolling Inmates. The Inmates are player who have signed up to the event to roll player-controlled enemies and fellow prisoners in Camp 21. The inmates will always be hostile to The Gang, seeking out ways to either physically or mentally harm them, their supplies, their holdings or their sanity.

Each un-invited will be allowed to roll a minor character for the event. These minor characters will be kept track of and deleted after the event's completition.

You must submit the character application to Rosencrat at any time before or during the event. You will be given more information when approved and told when and how to roll the character.

Code:
[b]Player Name[/b]:
[b]Intended Character Class[/b]:
[b]Intended Character Race[/b]:
[b]Inmate or Gang?[/b]
[b]Brief Overview of Character's Backstory[/b]:
[b]Brief Overview of Character's Personality[/b]:
[b]Other Comments[/b]:

The character and player, to be approved…
  • Must have a been in prison for a period of time before The Gang arrives.
  • Must be a new character made specifically for the event.
  • Must be one of the ten playable races and normal classes.
  • Must meet all guidelines and specifications for a normal profile.
  • Must be role-played exclusively through the entire event.
  • Must be always hostile or have hostile intent, whether overtly or covertly, to The Gang.

If your inmate is killed you will be allowed to re-roll a new inmate three days after the death.

ROSTER

"Alright. Get in line so I can count you off."
- Olira Rosencrat, Prison Warden

The Gang
(Currently 16 spots open)

The Inmates
(Unlimited)

EVENTS

"It's time for my slab of flesh! Ahahaha!"
- Lucius Snark, Inmate 2328

The event will begin in Saturday, June 4th and end Saturday, June 25th.

Players are allowed to RP throughout the entire three weeks in the prison at their leisure. However, events will be held three times every week, with each week revolving around a boss or bosses, their theme and his or her ultimate defeat.

Events are scheduled on every Sunday, every Wednesday and every Friday. Times are negotiable. Mini events will be held between these when a GM or DM deems it necessary to boost activity.

At the end of the event The Gang will have to decide what they wish to do. If they escape before the end they will have ‘escaped' and be allowed to role-play normally in the world. If they remain they will remain IC in the prison and will be barred from role-playing outside/

RULES

Rules are simple but strictly enforced.
  • Follow all server rules.
  • All characters must role-play in the confines of the prison.
  • A constant character-warning is present during the event.
  • Respect the DM's say in all matters during an event. Bring up questions afterwards.
  • Be active. Players who do not attend at least one event per week will be removed.
  • Respect the storyline and all its elements.

Punishment for infraction varies from event kicking, temporary ban from the storyline or permanent expulsion from the event. Breaking a server rule will result in normal rules to apply.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
<3
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Interested. However, I wish I could use an existing character rather than creating a new one. I have made several new characters for guilds and such, not too keen on making yet another.

I'll see if I can come up with a concept for a member of the Gang. Otherwise, I'll just roll inmates.
Very interested in this event
I know Anski might punt me to the sun....but can Jason Vorhees be part of the gang? <.<

Not with his name, no. I will rename you so hard your future characters will have letters mixed around.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
D'awww <3

aroes Wrote:D'awww <3
jason is awesome though! D:
I'd do it... If we didn't have to make new characters. D:
FlyingSquirrel Wrote:I'd do it... If we didn't have to make new characters. D:
Honestly i just dont want to have to submit a profile and wait for a week for it to be approved xD
venixblast Wrote:Honestly i just dont want to have to submit a profile and wait for a week for it to be approved xD

Special profiles would not count as your regular profiles. You will be able to post them up even if you already have or intend to put up another non-special profile.

The new character rule is to allow players to tailor characters for the kind of RP they wish to get out of this event.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
I'm looking forward to this event -very- much. I'm just afraid that my timeframe of play might make it impossible for me to RP with others in the storyline. I'm normally on from 10 PM - 2 AM server time, which seems to be the absolute worst time for RP.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Rosencrat Wrote:
venixblast Wrote:Honestly i just dont want to have to submit a profile and wait for a week for it to be approved xD

Special profiles would not count as your regular profiles. You will be able to post them up even if you already have or intend to put up another non-special profile.

The new character rule is to allow players to tailor characters for the kind of RP they wish to get out of this event.
Ah didnt know about the special profile thing, thought you could only have one up, plain and simple. Knew of the new char thing, though thanks for explaining anyway :D
This looks great!
I would love to be a part of this.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camp Lakota'Mani Krilari 0 905 06-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  The Defence of Camp Mojache Hawk 62 8,198 11-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Hawk