The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Goblin Bruisers and Reactions!
So, due to a recent incident and a few concerns fielded as a result of it (let alone past occurrences as well), it's pretty obvious that a working list of how goblin bruisers would react to various infractions (both small and large) should probably be started. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly good at this sort of thing! Therefore, I suggest that we all try and draft a set of guidelines. It may not be exactly how a bruiser will react every time to every action on the list (there are variables, after all), but it would help both GMs and players when trying to act a bruiser appropriately.

These guidelines can be open-ended and include variables, like...

Quote:Fistfight in bar - Relaxed reaction as long as other patrons and furniture not being disturbed or destroyed
Fistfight in bar progressing to broken tables/merchandise - Bruisers intervene, toss offenders out into Bay

Once we get a set of guidelines, it'll probably be posted on the Wiki somewhere as well so folks can add on to it as new situations arise.

Help me with this, people!
Question.

Would Booty Bay bruisers respond to calls/screams for help coming from private rooms? Would they barge into the rooms?

How about accusations, lets say, of poisonings being screamed out in the Commons? Would the Bruisers respond to that?
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
Personally, I think they'd react to a cry of help inside of an empty room. After all, if someone dies inside of one of them they're the ones who have to clean it up and put the room out of commission whilst they get the dead corpse smell out of it. That would be horrific for business.
What if it's a booked/rented room? Erm. . .would the bruisers respond to kinks? Hey! It's a fair question!

And also, an assassin or someone who intends to kill another can just tell the bruisers that. . .well, s/he would be doing stuffs in the room and that s/he shouldn't be disturbed and the likes. . .what would the bruisers do then?
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
Quote:Goblin Guide to Garnishment

A.K.A.
How You Get Your Pay

Preface:

When in doubt, net ‘em.

Part One: Matters of Violence

Bar Brawl: If (Hah, if) you see a brawl goin' down in the bar, don't hesitate to sit back and watch. If we were gonna break up every little scuffle that happened in the Bay, we wouldn't be in this job now would we?

Bar Brawl, damaging of furniture or other uninvolved customers: Here's where it gets tricky. You see a tauren and an orc goin' at it, when out of the blue, they break a couple chairs, and hurt a few well payin' individuals. Just grab the net gun, and fire away boys! Simple as that. After that, toss ‘em outta the bay, and see what the animals think about a couple of hot heads fighting on THEIR property.

Armed Assault: Net, drag, kick out, rinse, repeat.

Murder: If found having murdered some poor schmuck in a back alley, put the killer in a net, and drag him off to the auctions. He can have a nice walk through a Kaja'mite Quarry on the Undermine, see how that straightens him out.

Pick Pocket: Slap the guy on the wrist and tell him not to be such a hack. Obviously, he's not a goblin if he's getting caught for this, so net him any way if you feel like it.

Theft, minor: Ruff ‘em up a bit, call ‘em out.

Theft, major: Kick the scum outta town.

Injury of a City Official: Either send ‘em to the jungle, or to the auctions. Guard's choice.

Arrest, resisting: Did someone say kicked the fel out? Or did I hear Auctions? I'm not sure, what do you think?

Matters of Disorder

Reckless Riding: Mount will be impounded.

Formation of a Riot: Kicked out of Booty Bay, if the riot turns violent, the Auctions aren't an unlikely pit stop.

Impersonating a Guard: To the jungle.

Bribing a Guard: Assuming you grew a conscience all of a sudden, the penalty would be minimal. If, after repeated attempts, they don't stop, kick ‘em outta town.

Being a Jackass: Guard's discretion, if someone's just being a nuisance, tell ‘em to calm down. If they don't, whip out the net gun, and do what you do best.

How's that?
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I like.
This brings up one thing that many have seen especially in the more recent times...

Lets say one person tackles another into the water, would this be considered assault?

There is many ways of this happening, but what would the bruisers do? It could be two friend pranking each other, however it could be an assassin tackling an injured woman into the water. Anyone have an idea for this situation?
"If you don't try to save one life you'll never save any!"

[Image: dean.png]
Well, after reading the book on the resurgence of the Burning Blade, I've come to the conclusion that the goblins -really- don't care. At all. As such, if someone was tackled into the water, the goblin would probably wait at the nearest ramp back onto the docks, but wouldn't by any means jump in after them. He may shoot, but most are only equipped with net guns, which... wouldn't work too well against a swimming target.

Really though, the net is god where goblins are concerned. There was a solid half chapter in one of the books devoted to the point of view of a goblin, and all he thought about was his net gun.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Good, but perhaps we should bring up that the slavery's not permanent?

Otherwise we'd be losing characters for shenanigans in BB.

Perhaps it's simply forced labor?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I think a goblin can just lazily watch over and interfere if someone is visibly drowning in the tackle example.

I do think a guide is needed however. I found it rather silly when someone said that so and so should be arrested for climbing up on a table and proclaiming something to the room. Also some players thought that trying to lead someone by the arm should constitute bruiser interference.
Xigo Wrote:Good, but perhaps we should bring up that the slavery's not permanent?

Otherwise we'd be losing characters for shenanigans in BB.

Perhaps it's simply forced labor?

I'd say forced labor. After all, they had to use a net for you, which cost money. You may or may not have broken property, which costs money. You've used up time, time equals money.

So with all that taken into consideration, you've cost them a lot of money! How are you going to pay them back? With back-breaking labor, cleaning stuff, and what not. Maybe mining somewhere with strict supervision of the bruisers, who shoot on sight if you do not do it right. Advance their goals, because you delayed theirs.

I think Belth's post sums it up nicely, although I'd personally would enjoy harsher penalties.
That list of rules makes me very happy. In my eyes, its perfect, as I've never understood why the bruiser's would run to help at the beck and call of any troublemaker. I can much more see them enjoying seeing such a person get their just desserts before stepping in to intervene if it got out of hand.

I think either strong fines, for a first offence, and forced labour for a second. I wouldn't suggest fines the whole time because many characters seem to have an inexplicable and inexhaustible amount of gold they can summon at will.
Quote:I think either strong fines, for a first offence, and forced labour for a second. I wouldn't suggest fines the whole time because many characters seem to have an inexplicable and inexhaustible amount of gold they can summon at will.

Valid point!

Also raised a question:

Quote:Bribing a Guard: Assuming you grew a conscience all of a sudden, the penalty would be minimal. If, after repeated attempts, they don't stop, kick ‘em outta town.

I thought that was a bit of a no-no area? Not sure admittedly, but I thought playing a guard and/or bribing one to look the other direction wasn't really allowed. And with the unlimited amount of cash people carry, they can easily say they bought a guard's protection for 200g and they won't bother him/her again.

I'd say; Bribing a guard -> Net, kick them while their down. Teach them how the town works, till the person has minor bleedings, bruises, and flat out pain. And to the guard discretion, labor afterwards.
Perhaps I should make a guild...

<Cartel Forced Labor>
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
If a guard gets a bribe they should just scold the person and then "confiscate" the money.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consequenses and Reactions TwilightDisciple 3 1,012 07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Vaermina