The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A place to live.
Hi all together,

After some thinking, I decided to give Beala something like a headquarter, although she is still traveling to all corners of the world. I wanted a place where she can rest both body and spirit, as well as gear up for upcoming travels. So I went through different possiblities and finally found what I was looking for - an apartment in Ironforge in the Mystic District. It corresponded perfectly with my idea, so I wanted to ask if it's not kind of weird to settle as Draenei in the Dwarven hometown, may it be for a long or short period.

In addition, I thought that it would get more interesting to share the apartment with a roommate and I am currently planning to make some sort of "mini-casting-event" ingame or in tihs thread if I decide to move in. One minor problem with the apartments in Ironforge, however, is that they all offer only one bed. The only solution that comes to my mind is to imagine that there is a second bed in the apartment.

As a reminder: Because I live in Europe I am most of the time in the middle of the night or early morning hours online, so either you like late-night roleplay or you happened to live in Europe as well. For my part, I simply don't care where you are from or which character you want to bring in ( except for some examples ). I simply just want to make Beala's life a bit more personal.

So I would like to welcome everyone who is interested to talk with me about it ingame or in this thread. Ingame I can be reached either at Beala or Kaeros.

Cya soon all!

Beala
It would be odd. Incredibly odd.
I live in Europe as well, so I could probably join the RP, and if anyone asks me... I don't really see any problem with a Draenei living in Ironforge, but it would be.. Rather.. Awkward... x3 But, that's just my opinion on it... :)
What'd I miss?
Hmm, I think I need to do a little explanation of how I see about that. Not to force living there in Ironforge or to defend myself in panic. -grins-

First of all, Beala loves guns. She likes working on them ( though to her past as engineer ) and using them on bad guys. Currently she is even developing herself one. So I thought that she might feel herself at home in Ironforge, because some of the best guns available are dwarven-made. The Draenei was attracted by the chance to live at the source, if you like to see it like that.

Second thing is that she don't like beeing amongst her own kind. She does not hate them in particular, but can't live with them either. Beala sees herself as an outcast because of her "work". So she likes to seperate herself from the "typical" Draenei. ( Hope my explanation is somewhat understandable... )

Another thing is that she likes dwarfs. She has worked together with some of them and enjoyed their way of living, thinking and talking very much. It is not unlike her own way of living, though some points in it are different.

Lastly. this apartment isn't her home for all eternity. It serves more as a "station" in her life.
All I'm fine with except the 2nd. You can't not like someone after being stuck on a ship with them for thousands of years.
I beg to differ. If you were the odd one out, and unable to leave, i imagine that would just make it worse, being around someone for a long time doesn't make you like them, in fact, too much time could well make you resent them.
FlyingSquirrel Wrote:All I'm fine with except the 2nd. You can't not like someone after being stuck on a ship with them for thousands of years.

I disagree entirely. Being stuck in a rather confined space with someone doesn't cause "social bonding," and whatnot. It's in fact the oposite. It is a breeding ground for hatred, rivaly and contempt.

... Also, what Miah said.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
And what was she the odd one out for, exactly?
Flying, I believe Baela said her character didn't feel at home amongst her own people. I probably wouldn't either, if my entire race were content with running from their fate and not choosing to do anything about it. I'd feel quite out of place, and want to do something to distance myself, and actually do something worth doing.
Spoiler:
Meh. Whatever.
I have a Night Elf huntress who likes adventuring. She hasn't had much RP though, so this could also help with my profile writing! If you're still open for this RP, just PM me or find Shaulea in game.
FlyingSquirrel Wrote:Meh. Whatever.
It's really not up to you or any of us to judge how "acceptable" her backstory is for a certain situation...
Terant Wrote:
FlyingSquirrel Wrote:Meh. Whatever.
It's really not up to you or any of us to judge how "acceptable" her backstory is for a certain situation...

That, really. I do agree that it's improbable, weird, and just plain awkward as hell. I mean, how is he supposed to even get inside the apartment? But, eh, it could still happen. And it isn't my place to say it can't. Just... That I don't think it's probable.
Spoiler:
Hmm, as I said - I don't want to force my way through this. I have nothing against criticism and a discussion of the topic. It was an idea for her to give a kind of fixed point in the life. A home and a place where she can relax, away from other Draenei. As muhaha and Miah said, she lost the connection to her kind over time. And so, Ironforge came to my mind because of the relation between Beala's way of living and the way of living a dwarf has. Now I know that they don't exactly match. That's obvious, but some things are related and it would have fit. ( That's what I think at least. )

Now, as I asked at the beginning, I wanted to know if it was even possible and I am thankful that this discussion has shown me that something like this would be to weird. I will cancel Ironforge as possible location and search for a new one. -nods-

Again, I am thankful for every opinion that was given here - I don't have 100% perfect ideas ( like this one for example ) and I don't like to just do these things and say: "I don't care what everyone else is thinking. It's my roleplay and that's how it has to be done!" -grins- That's why I'm posting these topics in here. So, I'll just adapt to it and continue my search - there's surely a place that will fit.

Ah, in addition... I don't mean that ironically neither am I sarcastic or mad. Such a thing should be made clear.

Cya soon, maybe on attempt two!

Beala.
Go ahead with it, by all means. At least it's Alliance-based and makes some sort of sense.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So... this place isn't right for me... Alpharius 7 1,873 08-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  I'm afraid my place is not here Narakitsune 7 1,315 04-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  Wrath of the Lich King Poll - Live Accounts Kretol 20 3,468 02-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  A time and place for Consideration Thoradin 4 1,105 12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  A Place for Sqwealing... Walrus 2 923 11-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Walrus