The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Warlock question
Is it possible for a warlock(s) to open a portal to the Twisting Nether?

How about to create a well of demonic power?
"We aren't the prettest things in the world. With AC/DC its not like we're out to steal your wife and your girlfriend and your daughter. We may borrow them but..."
Angus Young
I assume he opens a portal to the Twisting Nether to summon a demon from it.

Well of Demonic power.. Could you explain what you mean by that?
Well, some kind of artifact which can be used to draw demonic magic from. And by a portal to the nether, I mean a large open one that demons can cross freely.
"We aren't the prettest things in the world. With AC/DC its not like we're out to steal your wife and your girlfriend and your daughter. We may borrow them but..."
Angus Young
Well, you can't say "I have this, it makes me more powerful than you." Otherwise, you can have an artifact of any kind.

Like the Dark Portal?.. I'd say no. That's too powerful, and Azeroth would turn into Outlands if that was possible by any warlock.
Only a really powerful warlock could sustain such portal for a prolonged time, but technically it's possible, though not advisable.

As far as I'm concerned there are demonic artifacts that one can use to draw power from. Often they are parts of once powerfull demons. Really powerfull artifacts would be exceedingly rare however, and most of them are in the hands of factions like the burning blade.
daners95 Wrote:Well, some kind of artifact which can be used to draw demonic magic from, like the Sunwell, but with fel energy. And by a portal to the nether, I mean a large open one that demons can cross freely.
Angus Young
Medivh was the one who created the Dark Portal, and he's generally known as the most powerful mage in existence. If you opened one of that size, assuming doing it alone didn't kill you, it would last for probably one second, if not shorter.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
/dons Warlock expert cap.

The answer to your first question is simple. Yes, it can be done. It isn't that great of a chore. However, this statement is conditioned by having the proper amount of Warlocks present to sustain the portal. It'll take a lot, and will fall apart relatively quickly. It cannot, however, be self-sustaining, unless you create an immensely-large Fel Crystal to power it. That is, in and of itself, a very large chore. But, in short, it can be done. Advisable? Fel no. This also raises the question: will the GM team allow such an occurrance? I don't think so, sadly. I conclude: possible, but not probable, not advised, likely not allowed.

Edit: it also depends upon the demon classification you wish to traverse this portal. Imps? Sure, just pop up a small one. It -shouldn't- take too much effort, either, IMO, so long as you have plenty of Warlocks, as I said before, and something to power it constantly. Doom Guard? I refer you to Queen Azshara, who had to use the Well of Eternity as a starting-point to open up a portal large enough to let in Doom Guard and Man'ari Eredar.

Your second question? This is also a yes. If what you're asking is, "Can I take some Fel, put it in an object, and draw from it whenever necessary?" I can say I have no problem with that. That is, basically, what an artifact is. Something with magical properties that you can channel magic into for fun effects, or something to draw magic from.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Whats the stance on that spell that warlocks get that transforms a wall into a doorway for a short time, that one can step through to get outside.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
McKnighter Wrote:I assume he opens a portal to the Twisting Nether to summon a demon from it.

Warlock demons come from the Dark Below, IIRC, unless it's a burning legion warlock.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Aphetoros Wrote:
McKnighter Wrote:I assume he opens a portal to the Twisting Nether to summon a demon from it.

Warlock demons come from the Dark Below, IIRC, unless it's a burning legion warlock.

Nobody knows, frankly, if the Dark Below is an actual place, though, or just some separate faction, that still exists within the Nether. This also doesn't mean you can't summon Legion demons, nor that you'd know the difference between Legion and non-Legion by looking at them.
Spoiler:
If you mean Passwall, then like all RPG spells it's useable. It seems quite a few people disagree with this, as well as many on the GM team, but I have, do, and will continue to use RPG spells if those around me permit it. If it's in one of our few solid lore sources, honestly, I view it as viable.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
muhaha8 Wrote:/dons Warlock expert cap.

This I couldn't resist.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Warlock Expert Cap:
(spoiler'd for language)
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_l7l46qugNv1qc96b7o1_400.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
Beltharean Wrote:If you mean Passwall, then like all RPG spells it's useable. It seems quite a few people disagree with this, as well as many on the GM team, but I have, do, and will continue to use RPG spells if those around me permit it. If it's in one of our few solid lore sources, honestly, I view it as viable.

While I will agree that it is a good source of lore, the vast majority of mechanics and spells associated with the Role-Playing Game are ill-suited for use in-game.

To put it simply, things that are commonplace in the Role-playing Game can be skewed as over-powered and class-breaking on the server. As such, it is often a good idea to shy away from them.

Anyways, let's keep this on topic and focus on answering the original poster's question.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Reese777 Wrote:
muhaha8 Wrote:/dons Warlock expert cap.

This I couldn't resist.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Warlock Expert Cap:
(spoiler'd for language)
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_l7l46qugNv1qc96b7o1_400.jpg]

... Reese. Amazing... Just... Amazing... I was unlucky enough to be drinking Mountain Dew as I read this. I nearly died... <3

But, yeah, back on topic. I gave my opinion on the two proposed questions. My viewpoints remain the same.
Spoiler: