The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Loa and their sense of humor
So, I have a question.

I was thinking about possible interesting character concepts and I came up with one for a Human.. Well, kinda.

My thoughts is that there was a Troll Female Witch Doctor in training. She was calling upon her first Loa, with a Human Female as the sacrifice. The Loa saw this, thought it was a joke due to the two odd factors and, as a joke of his own, switched the two's souls. So, the Troll was in the Humans body, and vice versa. The Troll escaped and ran.

Would this be possible?
Lore-wise? Yes.

Server policy wise? Doubtful. I suggest PMing the GM team on this matter however. It would at least be a special profile in my eyes, if acceptable at all.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Um... I don't think that really makes much sense. Surely it's possible, but one doesn't need a sacrifice to contact a loa, it's more of a sign of, "Accept this, as a token of my reverence." I don't think most loa would do something like that to their follower, and if it happened and the troll escaped they'd eventually switched back because if the troll worships that loa (and you're only technically supposed to worship one loa) they would find the troll and switch them back. Additionally, and this is my opinion, it's a bad idea. I just think... a character like this would be weird and unnecessary.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
^

As I said above, doubtful. I know I wouldn't approve it as a regular profile, and iffy as a special. However on the one Loa thing, that's absolutely, completely, and utterly wrong. As someone who's had a troll as their main for coming on three years now, that's a common misconception I'd like to put down starting from here on out. A troll takes one specific Loa as their patron or matron god, and then communes with the others as well. However do keep in mind that when you're using spells ICly, nine times out of ten as a priest (and definitely Troll Shaman) you're calling on -spirits- and not Loa. In Troll Voodoo when a spirit passes on it's said to gain a domain in life. So one spirit might control plants, while another fire, and a third lightning. These spirits possess the spirit for an unspecified amount of time.

I RP it based on how strong the spell is, personally. The stronger the spell, the longer they 'mount' you, (as it's called) and being as such, the more time they have to help you in channeling the spell. This can range from a full blown possession to feeling a tickle along your spine - Once again based on length, strength (of your character and the spirit), and skill with voodoo. This last bit has been my personal take on how to RP out a spirit's mounting, which is actually stated to happen in lore.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Beltharean Wrote:^

As I said above, doubtful. I know I wouldn't approve it as a regular profile, and iffy as a special. However on the one Loa thing, that's absolutely, completely, and utterly wrong. As someone who's had a troll as their main for coming on three years now, that's a common misconception I'd like to put down starting from here on out. A troll takes one specific Loa as their patron or matron god, and then communes with the others as well. However do keep in mind that when you're using spells ICly, nine times out of ten as a priest (and definitely Troll Shaman) you're calling on -spirits- and not Loa. In Troll Voodoo when a spirit passes on it's said to gain a domain in life. So one spirit might control plants, while another fire, and a third lightning. These spirits possess the spirit for an unspecified amount of time.

I RP it based on how strong the spell is, personally. The stronger the spell, the longer they 'mount' you, (as it's called) and being as such, the more time they have to help you in channeling the spell. This can range from a full blown possession to feeling a tickle along your spine - Once again based on length, strength (of your character and the spirit), and skill with voodoo. This last bit has been my personal take on how to RP out a spirit's mounting, which is actually stated to happen in lore.

Yar, that's pretty much what I said. You pick one loa that you revere essentially, you wouldn't be sacrificing someone to some random loa, you'd give it to your patron loa...
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I was replying to this specifically:

Quote:...and you're only technically supposed to worship one loa.

It's not that when you have a patron Loa you only worship them. You still worship other Loa, just not to the same extent.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."