The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Ashrune Pact
Who Are We?

From Thragash himself:

"What is the Ashrune Pact?

I made a promise to the spirits of flame on the day of the Midsummer Fire Festival's start, that I'd fight the enemies of the Horde, both seen and unseen. The Ashrune Pact is a result of that promise, that I'd fight the enemy within the Horde to my dying day.

Yet, you don't want to know what the pact is...you want to know who we are.

We serve the Horde, seeking and weeding out corruption, and solving problems that require a bit more finesse. Our methods are more covert than most, but we do what we must for the Horde. We defend the Horde by any means necessary, with any resources at our disposal.

Does that make us dishonorable? I don't think so. Even dark magic can be used for good, if used by a strong heart and an iron will. Of course, the moment one falters and turns to evil, he becomes the enemy. We just believe that not every problem the Horde faces can be solved by slamming an axe into it repeatedly. Some things require more finesse, and some require powers that others might shun.

We'll fight any enemy of the Horde, be it the Alliance, those that swear themselves to demons, or those that follow the Old Gods. Should they threaten to undermine the Horde, we will be there, ready to counter their efforts.

We're the Ashrune Pact, and we'll protect the Horde from the shadows."

Goals

ICly, The Ashrune Pact is a guild that defends the Horde from threats that the normal military is too brute-force to defeat. This means weeding out corruption within the Horde, hunting down and slaying traitors that have abandoned the Horde for evil pursuits, going spy versus spy against the Alliance and other, darker factions, and going on covert missions to strengthen the Horde's security.

OOCly, the Ashrune Pact is designed as guild to generate a wide variety of events and RP for the Horde. Events will be run when possible, ranging from planned to spontaneous, though one does not need to be a part of the Pact in order to participate in most of the events. Events are made with the goal of including a wide variety of RP, including some combat mixed in with intrigue and adventure.

Recruiting

Those that wish to join the Ashrune Pact will need to first speak to Thragash or one of the other officers in the guild. Provided that person can prove their devotion to the Horde (which may require a test of loyalty or going on one of the Ashrune's missions), they will be admitted into the ranks.

Any Horde race may join the Pact, though most are of the Old Horde. Undead and Blood Elves that wish to aid their allies are more than welcome to assist, however. Similarly, any class is welcome to join. Although rogues will likely find themselves right at home in the way that the Ashrune operates, every class has skills that are useful. Even casters of dark magic are welcome, but they will be watched to ensure that they don't stray from the path.

The guild is, generally, Chaotic Good in alignment. Clearly evil characters aren't going to find themselves very welcome.

For the Horde!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Now the Bloodsworn will have some help defending the Horde.
Lok'tar ogar!
-Warlord Kathorg Gorehallow
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
I can certainly help with planning events for the guild (and server as a whole). I do enjoy Horde RP, and seeing a guild centered around it plus events for it is something I look forward to :).

(Mahentosh, btw)
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Can't wait to see how this comes up. I'll probably throw an orc or two at it c:
I really like this idea for a guild. It'll be nice to get Irogh's RP going again. Plus, it is a good fit for his alignment, personality and skills.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
First of all, thanks for the support so far, guys!

So that this is up here as well: Due to Kidnapped, I probably won't be able to run an event for the upcoming week, but I'm hoping to start running events again with Kidnapped's conclusion. Anyone else in the guild who wants to help plan or run (mini-)events for the guild is more than welcome, feel free to run ideas by me!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Mini-event at roughly 11:30 tonight Server Time. Given this is a Horde guild, we'll be meeting at Splintertree Post in Ashenvale. I'll be playing as Urameil while Mahentosh is on hold for dual-boxing.

As Urameil is a warlock, I can just summon people over, but I would be needing party/raid members to help me, so don't have your hopes high for an instant summon. If you don't have a flightmaster to Ashenvale, you can hop over there from Blackrock Depths in the OOC Portal. But be careful: level 20 mobs would ambush you as soon as you get there. Navigate the outside of the instance and you'll find your way to Zorram's Strand in Ashenvale. If you need help navigating, I will assist.

Details of the event can be seen here: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...t-planning
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I got a character I'm very interesting of joining this guild with, orc warlock designed on the Grey Wardens of Dragon Age. His name is Baothr.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]