The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Sword and Spell Arena
[Image: 0080-British-and-Roman-Weapons-q75-500x373.jpg]

"I don't know who you are friend, but you've got about ten seconds to tell me what you're doing in my Bloodworks before I lop your arms off."

The Sword and Spell Arena

Who we are:

The Sword and Spell Arena is Outland's finest location for glory and honor! We feature contestants of all walks of life, everyone from Orc Warriors to Gnome Magi are welcome to compete!

What we do:

We at the Arena seek to entertain any and all, with Games of Fun and Games of Bloodshed. Win a match and earn glory and gold, what more could you ask?!

Features and Location

Our games range from a cavalcade of different match types for our contestants.

1v1 Deathmatch not your fancy? Try a Team Battle with one or more of your friends! Or perhaps you favor something a bit more strategic? Try a Capture the Flag or Hold-the-Ball!

All of this will take place at any given time at the Ring of Trials in Nagrand!

I want to fight, but I don't want to leave my guild!

No worries, speak to an Arena Master and let them know you want to fight. Freelancers are always welcome.

I want to compete, not die!

Well that is fine too! There are several objective-based Arena Matches that aren't focused on killing! Also, you can change a Deathmatch to a Knock-Out Match if you inform an arena master if you are afraid to die.

Please Read Below

Three Things for those joining the Arena or just fighting in it:

First; this is a place where people get hurt. Every match has a potential to maim someone. Entering the Arena is an Automatic Character Warning. You cannot just waltz in and expect not to get hurt.

Second; this is where people fight for Glory, Honor, and Gold. Don't expect to go into a Deathmatch and not die if you start to lose. If you flee the Arena while in combat you are banned from competing in any event.

Third; upon your death, if it happens, your body will be given full respects and it will be put in custody of those who came with you, Teammates or otherwise. -IF- you came without anyone who knows you, your body will be given a funeral via pyre. As the Arena faces many combatants who may die, we cannot give all a burial.

Match Types

Death Match - A classic One versus One anything goes. Death is in the name, Two Men go in and one comes out.

Team Battle - Classic Team Death Match. 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 can happen!

Knock-Out Match - The Softer version of Death Match and Team Death Match.

Hold-The-Ball - A Shiny, yet heavy cannon ball is placed in the center of the Arena. After a given amount of time, the person holding it is the winner! Can become a Team Match as well.

Capture the Flag - Take your opponent's flag and return it to your own flag three times and you are the winner! Team Match only.

Team Rifles - Each member of the team is given a rifle loaded with Knock-Out rounds. Magi are given restraints to make their spells harmless, yet they Knock-Out their targets. Can be made a Death Match if both Teams agree.

Rules of the Arena

1. Never steal an item from a fallen combatant.

2. Do not target the Spectators, it will result in immediate disqualification.

3. Leave the corpse of your opponent(s) alone. Let the dead rest in peace.

4. All fighting must take place INSIDE the Arena.

5. Refrain to your best ability to not; Burn down the Arena, Destroy the Arena, or Desecrate the Arena in any form.

Ranks and how to gain them.

The Arena Master-
He owns the Arena... Basically.

Team Leaders-
Red and Blue. They are the butterknife to the guy killing you. And yes, you could technically challenge them for their position.

Grand Champion-
Highest rank. you are at the top.

Champion-
One from each Team. You are among legends.

Hero-
You are nearly the best the Arena can offer.

Gladiator-
People know who you are. You've killed a few to be here.

Myrmidon-
Up and Coming is what you are made of, Skill represents your blood. Don't leave it in the Arena.

Bloodletter-
You have some experience in fighting, it's shown but you have much to prove.

Brawler-
You are near the bottom. You haven't done much, so get back in there and cut some heads off.

Pit Dog-
You just joined... Don't wet yourself when you get into the Arena.

How to rank up.

For every three Death Matches you win, you qualify for an advancement match for a rank up. Double that if you are doing only Knock-Out Matches.

To become a Myrmidon you must compete and win in at least two Death Matches and win... obviously.

To become a Champion, you must challenge your current Team's champion to a death match and win.

To become the Grand Champion, you must defeat the current Arena Grand Champion and win.[/align]

Contact Solomon in-game to join or fight today!

[Image: OBbks_arena_poster.jpg]
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Good read. And some high expectations for this. I do not believe we have seen many arena based guilds, but more over, a guild based around making an arena more in depth.
But that is just me, good luck and stuff. I may get involved in one way or another.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
Question; Can one fight with their pets.
Sounds obliviony. And also fun.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Can I be Porkchop?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(06-24-2011, 08:56 AM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: Question; Can one fight with their pets.

Of course! Any animals, summoned minions, and familiars are allowed to compete with their masters.

Not responsible for the death of any Animals, Familiars, or Summoned Minions.

And Xigo.. You can be the Porkchop to my Blue Team, any day.

Trololol.[/size]

Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]