The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Pet Peeve: Orcish Weight
I know this thread won't actually accomplish anything, but it bothers me every time I see this happen, so I'm going to write about it here anyway.

Guys, muscle is heavy. Very heavy. Human bodybuilders and strongmen, in real life, can weigh upwards of 300+ pounds. Orcs are larger than human bodybuilders and strongmen. Orcs have a naturally very broad body build, combined with a naturally heavy musculature.

To put into perspective, by our wiki guidelines on height and weight, the average male orc is 6'6" tall. The weight range of an orc is then put at 292-508. That puts the dead center average weight for a 6'6", male orc to be around 400 pounds, or about 181 kilograms for you Euros.

It makes me sad every time I see a near 7' tall orc at less than 350 pounds.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Pollie seal of Approval.
(06-23-2011, 01:03 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: Guys, muscle is heavy. Very heavy. Human bodybuilders and strongmen, in real life, can weigh upwards of 300+ pounds. Orcs are larger than human bodybuilders and strongmen. Orcs have a naturally very broad body build, combined with a naturally heavy musculature.

Or should we say... Not naturally heavy musculature... because of the fel... I'll shut up.

But no, seriously, muscle is two times as heavy as fat.
You see this with only orcs? Dude, I see the opposite with other races, (Not counting plate armor and that stuff) There like 20+ lbs. overweight, and sometimes shorter than Val, him being 5'10 160 no armor. But I do agree, it's kinda ridiculous
Back On the market
I see it a -lot- on Night Elves and Draenei. Less so on Blood Elves.

Oh, and another pet peeve's definitely height. People go for ridiculously shot chars. In Night Elves' cases, it's inexplicable, even if you can say magic stunted the growth of a BElf, or being on a ship for most of their life didn't help a Draenei grow.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name of Orcish Shaman! GeneralDefyre 2 736 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Last Post: GeneralDefyre
  For my orcish brethren... Kretol 17 2,831 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Azheron