The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rates of Maturation--from childhood to young adulthood
Hello. Thought I'd discuss something that I haven't really see being discussed, probably because official sources never really touch up on it. However, for artists such as myself, as well as a psychology major who took courses in child development, rates of maturation are rather important in regards to timeline.

Lemme present a classic problem race: the draenei. We have adulthood set at 2000 years, but each member of the race save Velen all look relatively young, even those who remember Argus. According to Rise of the Horde, Durotan notes that a child in Telmor remained virtually unchanged for 3 centuries... and yet, as seen in "Family Values" from the second volume of the Legends graphic novel series, a little draenei girl went from age 2 (and totally capable of idiomatic, if yet broken, speech) to a pre-pubescent child in just a few years.

At this point, I stopped caring.

Nevertheless, I'd like to know what would be the server's acceptable rates of maturation in the races. We have an age guideline, but nothing for rates of maturation. I am told dwarves age at a 1:1 rate in comparison to humans but stop aging at such rate once they hit 40; from then on, aging crawls to the established critical points of maturation (125, 188, 250, etc). That's just an example; I am aware not every rate has a consistent rate of maturation. It may not seem important in RP, but it would be if, let's say, your character is a parent and you have a (invisible) child. It also helps in artwork for those of us who like drawing children.

Thanks for your time!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Personally! I've just compared everything to the average human.

So for draenei, I'd just take the adulthood: 2,000.

Then divide that by 18.

Which is 111.

Then for me, up until a draenei's adulthood. 1 year = 111.

Then I change it, and do the middle age, which is 8,000, but don't forget to subtract the adulthood 2,000! So that's 6,000.

Then we go back to humans, and look at their middle age. Which is 35, subtract that from their adulthood, which is 18, and you get 17.

So we repeat the first process and do:

6,000 divided by 17 = 353.

So from adulthood to middle age, 353 years, is an equivalent to 1 human year, for draenei.

And that's how I do it just to keep everything simple and uniformed.

Yea. For example, 50 years for a Night Elf child is about 3 years for a Human, etc, etc. The rest doesn't matter, because they're immortal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Draenei age of Adulthood. Roobald2 2 1,184 06-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Server rates link gdf 3 973 12-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Rates- Poll- what do you think? IronTrooper 5 1,012 11-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Last Post: TwilightDisciple
  Why must the LCD die young? Ausius 3 984 06-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Mikain