The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ash's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi there! My name is Ash and as a player I'm usually a helpful person. On retail WoW I love role play and I have actually been a major bankroller of role play support on my realm. I funded several events when I had spare gold. I am a major fan of large events, though, I continued to help people out and got rejected constantly of role play as people seemed to like to get in their cliches.

I love to run instances, take others on a role play trip to a dungeon, explore the grand world. Once in WoW I guarded a level seven all across Azeroth to collect midsummer flowers. I am a boy that likes to have fun, and prefer role play, love role play communities, and try my best to participate. ^^.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States & English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Once long ago my cousin had an account. He asked me if I wanted to play, and told me to run from anyone with a red name. It was really boring. Apparently he was having me play Alterac Valley for him. When I finally was seventeen I got my own computer! My mom finally caved. (She thought computers were evil for some reason... now we can't get her off of facebook!) I bought World of Warcraft and played. I choose role play server first... because, well, I like message board role plays. And since then I've stuck to RP realms.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I'm not going to lie and say I heard about it a long time ago from a friend. Well, I found it on Google a long time ago. And mentioned it to a friend he said I might like it because there is RP but personally he wouldn't. My friends like PvP realms. :(

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Honestly, random role play is always the best. I love to be leveling a character in some remote place and encounter someone whom invites me to join a picnic on a fishing trip or something. I love big events with games as long as people don't close themselves off. I find it hard to get into groups, but I really try! :).

Lately I've been enjoying merchant role play! Making a tailor or something and selling goods cheaply just for the fun interaction.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Female dwarf. I don't know why. Always liked them. :| Female Tauren too. Dwarves and Tauren are my favorite races. I played Mage, Shaman, Priest, another Mage, another Priest, Paladin, another Paladin, Hunter, druid and rogue. I honestly enjoyed shaman, mage, and druid the most. It is really hard for me to make a decision. So wish I could make a female dwarf druid! Hehe! But Shamans make me a happy camper! But priests are fun! :D I was once a large fan of raiding, so I liked RP-Raiding guilds. I generally played what was needed. If there were a shortage of ranged dps, or healers, I took them up. I honestly really want to learn tanking now though. :| I don't have any strong preference and can have fun with any class! :D

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just want to have fun to be honest. Make some good internet friends and have fun! ^_^.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The tolerance. I've seen so many online groups discriminate against orientation. Gay man here! You guys earned a world of respect from me with that rule! :)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I've written a lot of role play posts for message boards, short stories, and even a story about World of Warcraft. Here's my favorite of the Warcraft fiction I wrote :D

Quote:This was written back in April; it is a story I plan on continuing soon. I have a rough idea of it in my head. This is a glimpse into the past of my young druid, Ei Everunner.

Laughter. The laughter of the children hardly surprised the head of the Stormsinger clan. Kar Stormsinger sat beside a great kodo watching the kids wading in the water. Kar raised a careful hand to pat the kodo on the side. A subtle smile appeared on his face. “Come on young ones,” he called out while he stood up besides the young kodo. The kodo dropped the rest of the grass in her mouth.

“Who wants to be first to learn out to ride one of these great beasts?” Kar looked around at the anxious kids who were both terrified and excited to learn to ride the kodo. One shy girl stepped ahead the crowd. “Come here, young one,” he motioned for her to come closer.

The girl replied in her native tongue, “Me?”. She was terrified of going up to such a noble animal. She reached Kar’s side only for him to lift her up and sat her on the back of the calf. “What do I do now?” she asked her voice shaking as she adjusted her head to face the teacher of the kodo. A terrified look covered her face.

“Ei Everunner, much like your mother,” he chuckled as the kodo rose with Ei, the young child on her back. “Just try to keep a grip within your legs. You may want to lean forward to help keep the grip with your hands.”

The young child nodded. She froze for a moment before leaning forward. She pressed the palms of her hands against the skin of the kodo as hard as she could. The kodo rotated around with the child on its back slowly. Ei continued to hold her position as before. “What’s his name?”

Kar walked backwards a few steps at a time, guiding the kodo with him. “She’s a girl, Ei. But, no name yet. All young kodo will eventually pick somebody they love more then the rest of us. That person earns the right to name them. After a moment of slow walking with Kar the kodo turned away from him and picked up speed, faster then the child could run. Ei continued to keep her balance, perfectly. The kodo ran the length of Bloodhoof Village then returned back to Kar. “You’re a natural, just like your mother.”

Ei smiled at Kar, jumping down from the kodo, happy and no longer afraid. “Can I ride her again?” she asked without hesitation. But, a noise caught their attention and interrupted the answer she was ready to receive. A village elder ran to the kodo trainer speaking in hushed words of a language she barely knew, Orcish. The only word Ei could make out was ‘dwarf’.

The kodo trainer, Kar Stormsinger turned to the children and spoke with a calamity in his voice, “Kids, go to the inn. Kauth will look after you. And Ei, take your new found friend with you.” Kar turned to leave in haste, he ran to where the other adults were gathering in the village, near the bridge across the lake.

I can share with you guys others I wrote including a very recent role play post on a private board! Or come up with something unique. Just let me know! ^_^ I usually write something when it comes to my head. :D

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have a tenacity to say the word 'damn' quite often. I promise I don't use the big cuss words. :)
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you’re familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

So long as you keep the cussing out of the public channels, all is well. Most of the time people won't mind words so long as it's not too serious, but don't do it because 'swearing is cool' or anything like that. In RP? It's no problem at all, just try to limit yourself OOCly. Also, don't worry. Most all our players seem to come from Google! [Our dwarf player base will love you, just sayin']

Hope you enjoy your stay!