The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

"Criminal" RP Hub
Well I'm back, once again with new ideas. But I spoke with a few people ingame, and the response to this seemed pretty positive. So I think it's time to see if it can be done.

The one thing that would be really cool, and would add something which seems to be lacking in the world, is a spot where all criminals, pirates and everything can go. A dirty, run down town, with gangs, pirates, black market cartels etc etc. A place with no law, a place with fights in the bars and on the streets, unchecked.

It's just a concept, but people will have to be really mature about it.

Places it could be done.
Newman's Landing:
There already is the shack, but there is a whole valley behind it. It would be really hard, and would require a lot of effort, but if you built steps either side of the valley with wooden ledges, which hold up shacks and houses along side the valley. Maybe even bridges between the ledges.

Some random shore in Tanaris:
This would be easier, seeing as there are loads of shores filled with exactly the same turtles, and even a few of them really far away where you would never go. The shores are flat, so easy to build on. It wouldn't look as good, but it would still work.

Thousand Needles-type area:
Places like the Thousand needles could work. I am sure there are a few hidden crags, and even if not, the cliff either side of the canyon is flat land. You'd have to decorate it pretty well otherwise it would just look wierd, and maybe make a bridge to a few of the needles.

That's all I could think of. I might draw a concept sketch of the places, to give you a better idea of what I mean.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
We had a lawless island which people begged for quite some time for. It didn't work in the end.
I must have missed it... But there is a difference between a lawless island and a criminal hub. The lawless island just sounds like the best place to do some OOC PvP mayhem.

The criminal RP location is a lil bit more subtle. You know how the Catacombs is basically Lawless but its just cultists that use it, therefore if a Paladin walks in wanting to do a charge of the Lightbrigade, he'll get killed.

Well the Criminal RP hub is like that, it's like there will be loads and loads and loads of criminals, so if you go there trying to enforce law and justice the same thing happens. There would be places owned by gangs where it would be risky to fight, or high up criminals whom you couldn't mess around with etc etc. There will be a presence of control, but a lot more free. The other thing is when there is a bar fight, or any fight everyone wants to join in. But in a place like that, you'd just not pay attention, y'know.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
It -is- the same thing. The Lawless Island was a place for criminals and thugs to get together and do their deeds, and do whatever they wanted. That's what you're asking for. And it hasn't worked yet.

Also, the Catacombs are -far- from lawless. Evil =/= lawless.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
My character is leading a small group of neer-do-well Vagabonds out of Raven Hill.
It's a perfect location for a criminal hub.
Cayce Northend - Druid of the Cenarion Circle
Micheru Bloodrune - Moonglade Ranger / Vagabond
Gratua Daggermouth - Walking the path of Lo'gosh
Medrit Brightwind - Wandering Swordsmaster
Meh. Raven hill is a good location in theory...

But then again, with the Argus Wake th--...

What?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
The Lawless island was exactly the same thing. It actually went further.

The staff actually gave the players a piece of land and told they to do whatever they wanted with it - And I knew of guilds plotting to "take over" the island even before it's creation.

It just doesn't work out; History has proven it so. But hey, I'm fairly confident the lawless island is still there for anyone that wants to use it.
Sounds to me like you want a player version of Scallawag Point from Howling Fjord. I would support this, maybe. Unlike Lawless Island, this sort of place should have some sort of minimalist rule imposed on it to prevent crime guilds from wasting their time trying to take it over and promote actual RPing instead. Something like Mos Eisley from Star Wars: it itself is not illegal, but it has open doors to thugs, criminals and ne're-do-wells, and all "security" is designed strictly to keep shit from getting too serious (ie while you could murder someone at this hub, if it caused a gang war to start forming you could expect the local enforcers to throw you out or kill you themselves).
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Form an IC playerbase for it. Alcaz Island is whatever the people want it to be.
Or people could base their criminal empire out of the Dalaran sewers. It's got some pretty nice locales.
(06-29-2011, 01:26 PM)Kaghuros Wrote: Or people could base their criminal empire out of the Dalaran sewers. It's got some pretty nice locales.

This is a good suggestion.

"I'll tell you mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted." - Jack Sparrow. (He's talking about Tortuga, which is what you guys made me think of.)
[Image: rainbowedited2.jpg]
---------------------------
Gunther Lichblight [Forsaken Rogue]
Lionell Worgbane [Human Paladin]
Abraham Dragonbeard [Dwarf Hunter]

The new Evil City will have, alongside its lawful city, a 'slum' area where there will be no law and violence will be allowed.

Evil Island will open in two weeks or so, events resuming once Kidnapped! has ended.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Yeah, but the point being Rosen that this is an evil city. He wants a place where anyone can go. Sort of like (in my mind) Old West Town. Sure, they've got enforcers. Mainly a single sheriff!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
The Evil City is a misnomer. It will be neutral with just...Inverse rules.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
(06-29-2011, 03:22 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: The Evil City is a misnomer. It will be neutral with just...Inverse rules.

How "inverse"?

Would "He looked at me funny" be legal justification for homo-/orci-/gnomi-/sindori-/kaldori-/tauri-/draeni-/trolli-/dwarficide?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]