The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cancelled - Inner Strife [Burning Legionnaire] - Cancelled
It had been many months since Faelion had first tasted a poison that would forever curse him, many weeks since he left his Clan out of spite for the luckier ones, and days since since he last had contact with any one person. He had secluded himself, locked away in an abandoned house, only leaving for food, water, and fel.

Faelion exhaled harshly, beads of sweat dripping down his face. Green liquid dripping from his blade. All around was darkness, only two figures seemed to illuminate what was around them, yet the floor, walls, and sky were black. Smirking casually Faelion slid his blade out from the figure's face. The demon, falling onto it's back as Faelion raised his blade above him. Allowing gravity to force the green liquid down the blade. The drops fell, but disappeared in a breeze before they reached his ajar mouth. He blinked his eyes open, only to narrow them at his blade. The blood was indeed gone, but it had not reached his mouth. It had entirely disappeared, he had looked down to the slain imp. It laid lifeless on the ground, Faelion picked it up by it's leg. Holding it upside down, he used his sword to cut open the imp's neck. Letting it's blood drip out casually, he quickly maneuvers a canteen under the imp to catch the blood. As the canteen fills, Faelion licks his lips, a devious smirk still pushed onto his face. After the canteen fills, he tosses the imp's carcass aside, it disappearing into the ground.

Faelion's hands began to shake lightly as he rose the canteen up into the air, allowing gravity to pull the liquid down into his mouth in copious amounts. He blinked his eyes open as he pulled the canteen back down harshly. He inspected it, even tilting it over and pouring some of the liquid inside onto the palm of his hand. It was there, in his hand, it felt as if it was there, yet it had not taste. He could neither taste, nor feel it slither down his throat. Faelion's eyes widened as a revelation entered his mind.

His eyes sprung open as fast as lightning, he gasped for air as if had not breathed in years, beads of sweat ran down his forehead as if he had just taken a dip in a pool... He slowly pushed himself up, looking around quickly, carefully, and cautiously. He had thought back, eventually blurting out... "It wasn't enough..." Quickly he kicked his blanket off himself, getting up and shakily stumbling over to a chest kept at the corner of the room. Stumbling with his hands, eventually the chest was opened. A faint green light suddenly illuminating the room, as quickly as it came it went out. Faelion stood up, a single vial in hand, uncorking the top it was quickly guzzled down. It was unbelievable, eyes widening, he facepalmed. Words silently escaped his lips. "It's not...enough..." Inhaling and exhaling shakily, he fell to his knees. The chest opening and closing, yet another vial less. It was guzzled down nearly as fast as the last one. A sigh of sadness, Faelion raised his hand to his hair, pulling on his hair. "...When -will- it be enough?"

Getting up, Faelion made his way to a window. Looking out into the swamp and only seeing darkness in return. The silent sounds of critters reached his ear, the moonlight barely piercing through the treetops lit up his face. A single drop hitting the windowsill. Vials on the ground, Faelion's eyes shone through the window. Eventually they disappeared, as he moved back to his bed. A backpack finding its way to Faelion's hands. Rummaging and ruffling are the only sounds escaping his shelter as a book entered his hands. Flipping open the pages, a pen found it's way to a page.

On it read.

Quote:Dear Faelion,

I had a dream, but it was a nightmare not a dream... It's all thanks to my addiction. I hate what happened it's not fair. I suffer day in and day out for what? What I am put through, and others complain about their lives being so hard. Walk a day in my shoes, walk a life in my shoes! No one knows anything. The worse part is, I'm slipping... I know I am, my dreams make it prominent. It's not enough, I've realized that. But what is enough? When will it stop? I know the answer, but I'm afraid to realize it. Why must I go through this alone? Why was I abandoned, who knows? Why are others lucky, and I am cursed? Why am I never answered, but always questioned? I know the answers, I know I do! But why can't I convince myself! It's others, it's always others who hold me back or question my ability to control, but it's others who help me and keep me alive. It's been so long since I've been in contact with others. I've gotten along just fine though. I'm sure I have, I'm still alive... But these nightmares, I'm afraid to go back to sleep...

Sincerely,
Eef

The book was slowly closed, the writing utensil slipped between the pages. Everything was put back into the backpack and slid under the bed. Faelion yawned, no longer shaky he slipped back into his bed under the covers, his eyes wide-open as he laid there there the rest of night. Refusing to fall back asleep.

Faelion slid down to one knee, his hair falling forward. The chest was slowly opened, then shut. Standing, he looked at the vial. His eyes glazing over with water slightly only to be blinked away. Sighing he found himself sitting on the bed, staring down the vial in hand. It was quickly guzzled down, but whilst doing so Faelion's mind was in another place. Beginning to head back to the Stormshade, back to those who forced this decision upon himself. Only one person's face continued to flash in his mind, her gaze frozen, eyes as black as night itself...

Setting the vial down, his fists clenched, eyes squeezed shut as a low growl escaped Faelion's throat. Breathing hastened, he grabbed the sheet on his bed, ripping it off and tossing it across the room. Shoulders sinking, the silence breaking. "...If only you knew, how lucky you were... Compared to me." Dragging his feet across the floor, the outline of the man bent over to pick up the sheets before skulking off to bed.

Knock. Knock.

Faelion rolled over in bed, his eyes cracking open he looked towards the door.

Knock. Knock.

Looking around, it was still dark out, there was no light coming from under the door, it was absolutely silent.

Knock. Knock.

Except for that knocking. Creeping out of bed, the man's outline made it way to the door. Slowly he put his ear to the door, waiting sometime for something other than knocking. The moment his ear pressed against the door it was pushed open with enough force to send Faelion flying back. He fell down onto the floor, rolling over looking up at the figure. There was an outline of a woman in the doorway. Her eye's glowed blue. She began to step towards Faelion, the closer she came the more of her was revealed. Her skin red, hooves, a plated thong, and chestpiece that barely covered her breasts. She leaned in near his face, bringing a hand under his chin. He gulped, hands flexing awkwardly he could barely move, any thoughts of harming this woman fled his mind. She leaned her face in, lightly tapping her horns to his, smirking playfully.

He winced as her horns met him, he began to feel comforted, but slowly Faelion's gaze met the woman's. They didn't glow as they did before, they were as black as night now. He blinked, the next he opened his eyes her face had contorted. His mouth slowly dropped open, thoughts of hate filled his mind as he grabbed for his sword from under his bed. Swinging it around as quickly as possible he went to thrust the blade into the figure's face, it went through swiftly, but before any blood spilt the figure vanished in a puff of smoke.

Everything around Faelion seemed to have disappeared, his shelter, his weapons. Everything. Blinking, his eyes widened as he looked above him...

Sitting up in a cold sweat, he looked towards the door of his shelter. Narrowing his eyes, waiting quite sometime for a knock. After minutes pass by without any sound Faelion creeps out of his bed. Leaving to get some water from a nearby pond. Looking down he stares at himself as he's stared back at. His lips turn into a sour frown as he's reminded of what has happened to him, grinding his teeth as he kneeled down, washing his face, gathering some water, then going back to the shelter. Before sitting down on the bed he removes a book and pen from his backpack. Sitting down, he writes.

Another dream. What's that, twice this week? The third, forth? Whatever... This one was the most strange... And sad. A woman broke into my house, but not an ordinary one. It was a demon, a female. One of those seduction freaks, she had me pinned. I was against the floor, she was near on top of me. Any thought of harm I had that involved her, swiftly left my mind. I couldn't resist her, she eventually got on top of me. I looked her in the eyes, and that's when I saw... Anaiya. Her eyes were exactly the same. A dark hateful stare, and the next I knew. It was Anaiya, she had attacked him, planning to get rid of me it seemed! When I realized it was Anaiya, my thoughts of causing harm weren't brushed away. They poured back into me, I grabbed for my sword and without hesitation ran it through her face... But before I could realize what I did, she vanished. I merely brushed it aside, as I recall. It's not often you come face to face with a friend trying to kill you... But that wasn't the climax, no.

Everything vanished, not just Anaiya, but my sword, my home, even the light vanished. I looked up in confusion and an image burned itself into my mind. I remember it very clearly... It was a, well I don't know exactly. It was rock I believe, a red tinted rock. It had two statues of men in robes. It was an archway with stairs leading up to it. Over the archway a statue of a snake. I don't know what it means... But the worst of all, is that between the pillars of the archway was green flame. It led to another world. I think I know what world. But why me, why my dream? All I know is I'm drawn to it...

Sincerely,
Eef

Inhaling then exhaling deeply the book was closed and tucked away. Faelion looked towards his door again nervously, as if expecting another knock but none coming. Shaking his head quickly to remove any thoughts he laid back down in bed, only to wait quietly without falling back asleep until the next day, keeping his eyes on the door.
Faelion looked up towards the trees, towards the animals all around, tapping his fingers on his thigh to the beat of the crickets chirping. A smile finding itself, he looked down at the journal. A sigh escaping his mouth, a hand was brought back to the opened page. A pen met the page, but then was retracted. Sighing heavily again, the book rose to Faelion's face as he read over what he had written.

Today I did a few things, I actually walked into an orc encampment. It had been so long, my last memory of this happened is Crossroads. It was a bit lethargic, especially since I was able to talk to others after a week of not being able to do such a thing. That's not all though...

I wrote a letter, a letter to the Stormshade, and to Seidran. I never liked him much, he was just like other Sin'dorei. But we shared a few things in common, so I decided to address it to him. Hopefully he listens to the letter and only shares some things to the clan, while keeping other things to himself. I didn't tell them where I'm staying though, hopefully they don't come searching. Should they... I don't know.

Finally, I was able to talk with the orcs. Pretty interesting... The ones here are a bit more wilder, remind me of trolls. Anyway. I asked them about the gateway I saw in my dreams. Apparently it could be the, 'Dark Portal', the great gateway that first allowed orcs into our land. From Outland, the world demon's destroyed. It made sense now, why I was dreaming of demons, and why I'm draw to the portal. I'm being called to. So now, I decided to answer this call. I'll be heading there today, see what I find. I'm not expecting the worse, therefore it won't come. Hopefully.

Sincerely,
Eef

Faelion flipped pages of his book to the page that included another letter. Though this one addressed to the Stormshade, getting up he tore it from the book. Folding the letter up, placing it in a envelope before heading back into the encampment. Heading to the nearest mailbox where it was deposited. Turning, he looked around the camp one more time before taking a deep breath. 'Good bye...' Were the words that had crossed his mind. Turning and walking out of the camp towards the Badlands.

Faelion had been walking for some time now. His feet leaving small prints in the sandy and dirt ground of Badlands. It had become rather boring, the only think for entertainment was bad whistling, and the views of mountains that all looked the same. It was a horribly boring walk, Faelion was sweating from the heat. He hadn't brought much with him, just a simple backpack with various items needed. Money, clothing, and weapons. The dirt was red, like blood. The skies clouded purple. Lightning strikes off in the distance.

Sighing, Faelion's eyes had begun to close. The walk was extremely long, not something that's done daily. As Faelion passed by a hillside, a dark figure crept up to it's peak. Unnoticed by Faelion it jumped through the air, it's wings spreading outward so it glided towards him.

Faelion could only turn around to see the figure within a foot of him before being tackled over. He rolled across the ground with whatever tackled him, the rolling slowed to a stop. Faelion being dazed did little to try to end up on top. The figure looming over him.

Blinking his eyes, he looked up at the figure, now realizing it's the succubus from before. "...It's not a dream?"

"Idiot, shut it." She set a hand over his mouth, her claws resting dangerously close to his eyes.

Faelion yelled out in muffles. The woman's hand successfully drowning them out. When Faelion attempted to harm her, he was compelled not to. His hands grabbing around her, yet unable to use real force.

"Is all you elves do struggle?" Her voice hissed out as she placed a blindfold over the elf's eyes. "You're an idiot too... Walking right up the the Dark Portal the way you look." Smirking she reached down and bound Faelion's arms.

Faelion begun to struggle and fight with all his will, but before he made any progress he was quickly smashed over the head with great force. Leaving him unconscious...

The succubus smirked. "Just wait..." She patted the unconscious elf on the cheek before dragging him off the road.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strife Loxmardin 0 690 10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Path of the Faithful [Burning Legionnaire] Karunzo 4 1,021 08-14-2011, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Karunzo